Movies not in room and not on the pool deck screen? Navigator OTS

My mother in law is on a short cruise on the Navigator of the Seas from LA this weekend. Her and my father-in-law said they were going to see "A Man Called Otto" in the theater on-board but Royal wanted to  charge them $11.99 each? I checked to verify if she meant her room, and she said no they were going to the theater? I was not aware of any other places to watch movies on-board besides the room or the pool deck. And on top of that, if that is actually something, do they really charge $11.99 for movies that are already out on streaming? I am going crazy trying to figure that out (there is more to that story than this, but this one confused me in particular). Is this something I was not aware of? I told them to save the $24 and watch it at home since it's already streaming lol

Any idea?! Please tell me that she was just confused and this was for the in-room movies. 

Thank you!

Edited by JMKreno
  • Thanks 1

We were on Navigator a few months ago and $11.99 seems like the price for in room movies. They do show movies in the main showroom occasionally but they are always free.  They also show movies on the pool deck screen, those are also always free.  They could both have a burger and a tower of onion rings in Playmakers for the same price.  Last time on Navigator Jamie's was excellent. 

I just pulled up the current sailing for Navigator in the app (departed yesterday).   There are the following movies playing--no charge:   Bullet Train and The Woman King in the main theater.  Lyle, Lyle Crocodile, Strange World, Ticket to Paradise and The Woman King on the Pool Deck screen.  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

My mother in law is on a short cruise on the Navigator of the Seas from LA this weekend. Her and my father-in-law said they were going to see "A Man Called Otto" in the theater on-board but Royal wanted to  charge them $11.99 each? I checked to verify if she meant her room, and she said no they were going to the theater? I was not aware of any other places to watch movies on-board besides the room or the pool deck. And on top of that, if that is actually something, do they really charge $11.99 for movies that are already out on streaming? I am going crazy trying to figure that out (there is more to that story than this, but this one confused me in particular). Is this something I was not aware of? I told them to save the $24 and watch it at home since it's already streaming lol

Any idea?! Please tell me that she was just confused and this was for the in-room movies. 

Thank you!

Sorry but your MIL is confused. What she's referring to is the Movie OnDemand option on their in cabin TV, which is $11.99 per movie.

A Man Called Otto is much too new to be showing in the Theater or the pool deck.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry but your MIL is confused. What she's referring to is the Movie OnDemand option on their in cabin TV, which is $11.99 per movie.

A Man Called Otto is much too new to be showing in the Theater or the pool deck.

Totally!  And it wouldn't be per person.  OP's MIL is definitely confused.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

A Man Called Otto was playing on Radiance last week.   No charge.  On the pool deck and in the Cinema.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

A Man Called Otto was playing on Radiance last week.   No charge.  On the pool deck and in the Cinema.  

A Man Called Otto was also playing on Ovation of the Seas on the 5 April and 15 April sailings, in the theatre and on deck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Very interesting..thanks.