Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

7 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise!  Amazing photos and reviews...I want to try to go back to your past reviews as well.

I know you mentioned liking Extra Virgin bartender...Does he still win over all the other bartenders you came in contact with?  

Yes, Mario and Ryan ended up being my go to bartenders on board throughout the cruise. Great drinks and service!

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

You can find a place to store your luggage close to wherever you want to be with "Stasher" https://stasher.com/

Thanks CineGraphic.  I have a long day in Brooklyn in September and wanted to make the most of it.  Thanks to your link a plan is taking shape 🙂

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

I'll tell him you went to say goodbye if you'd like.  Does he work at Red Bar and Extra Virgin?

Yep... Extra Virgin in the evening. Ryan works at The Dock House outside bar during the day and Extra Virgin at night.

• Like 2

I think everyone waited till now to try and leave the ship... I actually booked 10:30 as my debarkation time, but there's no way that everyone did. That's the whole reason they want you to do it, to avoid this long line. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

And, this was my home for the week... I'd totally stay in this cabin again.

PXL_20230526_122917744.jpg

Great to hear… I’m on an upcoming Valiant Lady cruise solo in basically the same cabin up a deck.  I’ve always been in aft facing cabins, so I am a bit unsure about being up front. 

• Like 2

I'm at the airport wayyy early, and I've got a long day here I guess. I was going to take the Metro Rail over to Brickell, but I remember the small debacle just trying to get downtown when I arrived here last Saturday. I guess that I might even have to do something I REALLY don't want to do, and that's eat here... Ugh...

• Like 11

I suppose the ending was a little anticlimactic, and it's not even really over yet. I've been walking around trying to get an estimate on what I might have for lunch. I've never eaten in an airport ever in my life, but something tells me I'm not going to make it until I get all the way home, which will probably be around 8:00...

This cruise was great, but certainly not my greatest ever. I did enjoy plenty of great food and drinks on board, as well as on land, other than the crummy lobster in Bimini. I guess that when you're an extreme introvert like me, I don't exactly meet a lot of people on board, other than the bartenders that is... 

So far, my next cruise is The Tribe cruise on the Carnival Celebration next January... I'd like to try and get another one in between now and then, but there are a lot of hurdles I have to go through when I get back home. Hernia surgery, which could be very soon, or who knows depending on what the surgeon determines. Then, possibly having to find another job, which could be another huge mess, since I spent my years in school mostly not paying attention. 

Whatever happens, things always seem to work themselves out, so that's what I'm hoping for... 

I'm definitely not looking forward to having to pay for my own food and beverages now that I'm off the ship, especially at an airport...

• Like 28

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The Deep Blue Extras are supposed to cover specialty coffee up to $10 a day, but only the charge for the first full day have been deleted from my account... Either way, I still came out great with the $400 in Sailor Loot and $100 free Bar Tab. Pretty much covered everything I've had on the ship, including those expensive shots of tequila... Breakfast incoming... Hopefully... I had my order fall through the cracks the first time I had breakfast here.

And, just as I was typing, this appeared. Western omelette and a couple of hash browns. Probably the least appetizing thing I've seen on board, but it'll do today.

PXL_20230526_120045705.thumb.jpg.f2ef5bbffbee36c07a980188687c6a4e.jpg

PXL_20230526_120402021.jpg

Virgin should be embarrassed. 1. To have such a pedestrian presentation. 2. To call those discs hash browns.

• Like 2

Went and got myself a five dollar bottle of water, since it looks like I'm here for the long haul... I inquired about getting on an earlier flight, but everything between MIA and ATL generally flys full. I remember last time they were offering a thousand dollars to anyone willing to give up their seat, and I didn't even think about it... Well, I thought about it, but I really wanted to get home, just like I do right now... At least I've got three more days to acclimate myself to the real World.

• Like 11