Explorer diverting to Trieste disembark

26 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Is that not Rome international airport code (FCO)

My mistake, should  be VCE,  too many bottles  of free wine!!!

Edited by sowhat

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

We have been allocated  number 32 departure  tickets  for 19.55 flight  from FCO

Group numbers and timing may be changing.  I was in group 27.  But my cabin steward came and took the tags back.  There is an updated departure timing document and new tags coming.  Things are still fluid on the ship as they try to pin things down. 

• Thanks 1

Ha ha that’s great.

Just phoned Royal Caribbean and as I expected there was no update. Guy was trying to fob me off that they will transfer guests from Ravenna to Trieste. When I told him that would take at least 5 hours he re-read his script and changed it from Venice to Trieste ( takes 2.5 hours he said). He’s been told that the cruise on 28th is as planned, going from Ravenna.

I’ve what’s app’ed my hotel in Ravenna this morning and they have advised that some of the back streets in Ravenna area have now cleared and are open again. However, the railway line between Bologna and Ravenna is still closed. I’m presuming that they’ve had landslides as well as flooding to contend with. Clearing that from a railway track will take time I guess. He also told me that I’ll get an email if things change re embarkation. I asked him when that would happen and he said if arrangements change and if they don’t I won’t get an email. I told him that was absurd being left on the hook so to speak. I’ll phone back on Monday as I will not be fobbed off easily. 

54 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

However, the railway line between Bologna and Ravenna is still closed.

Latest info from friends in Ravenna as of 11:00am today.  The line between Bologna and Ravenna is scheduled to re-open Monday at 6pm

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Group numbers and timing may be changing.  I was in group 27.  But my cabin steward came and took the tags back.  There is an updated departure timing document and new tags coming.  Things are still fluid on the ship as they try to pin things down. 

Our luggage  tags have disappeared .

We are on a full package  with Royal Caribbean, so we are laid  back.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

I can imagine that this is an operational nightmare for Royal as they dedicate and prioritize their efforts to ensuring they don't have to cancel your cruise because there isn't food & beverage provisions available for your sailing. 

We refuelled  and loaded  at 30  lorry  loads  of supplies and provisions  in Athens  this week

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For anyone on board, visit the NextCruise desk looking for vacancies on the next sailing - it might be simpler than Trieste.

This morning  the price of a balcony  was an amazing  price of $8679 for 2 people  excluding  tips

Edited by sowhat
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sowhat said:

This morning  the price of a balcony  was an amazing  price of $8679 for 2 people  excluding  tips

Too bad RCI doesn't have a provision for stand by - there's bound to be some no-shows tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWP-001 said:

I can imagine that this is an operational nightmare for Royal as they dedicate and prioritize their efforts to ensuring they don't have to cancel your cruise because there isn't food & beverage provisions available for your sailing. 

RCL doesn't re-supply at Ravenna,  Athens (Piraeus) is the supply point.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

We are sailing from Ravenna on 29th so following closely.

We also have the Italian strike on 26th to contend with, which makes even getting from VCE to our hotel a challenge! 

I sure hope you don't  mean 29th May as all being well we’ll be in Kotor on that day 😜

4 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Thanks for posting this sowhat.  That’s pretty early for the departure to Bologna airport but completely understandable. I presume these transfers are booked on board.

Yes