Embarkation Day Main Dinning Room

debnjoe1438

14 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Will be going on my first MSC cruise in December. Could someone tell me if MSC has a dinning room open for lunch on Embarkation day? I will be sailing on the Seascape. Thanks

Not in the Caribbean unless you are in Yacht Club.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:56 AM, Morgsmom said:

Not in the Caribbean unless you are in Yacht Club.

I guess another way MSC is different than the other cruise lines. The MDR is often our lunch of choice on a ship to avoid the big crowds in the buffets. Good to know, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

I guess another way MSC is different than the other cruise lines. The MDR is often our lunch of choice on a ship to avoid the big crowds in the buffets. Good to know, thanks!

15 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Thats disappointing, thanks. Appreciate the information

Just out of curiosity, what cruise line has dining room open on day of embarkation?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

On the Meraviglia in April, Hola! was open for lunch on Embarkation day. I found it to be a great way to avoid the crowds in the buffet.

I can hope come Dec, the MDR will be open for lunch on Embarkation day on the Seascape 🙂

8 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Princess & NCL are two that I know of

10 minutes ago, debnjoe1438 said:

NCL does. 

Good to know for the future, ty, we cruise (mainly) between MSC and Carnival so were not aware.

12 hours ago, 4sallypat said:

Not to hijack this thread - how about European cruises ?

MDR available on embarkation day ?
Will find out in 2 days - sailing out of Athens Greece....

Yes, MDR will be open as many others have boarded the days before at other ports. 

But technically you are not allowed to use the MDR for lunch on your embarkation day. Before they were very strict on this, checking all cruise card at the entrance and sending the "newcomers" to the buffet. I have a feeling that it is not so strict anymore. 

By the way, also in the Caribbean the MDR can be open, just depends if it is a cruise with many embarkation ports or a close loop from the USA. 

On 5/22/2023 at 7:34 PM, perakcruiser said:

Yes, MDR will be open as many others have boarded the days before at other ports. 

But technically you are not allowed to use the MDR for lunch on your embarkation day. Before they were very strict on this, checking all cruise card at the entrance and sending the "newcomers" to the buffet. I have a feeling that it is not so strict anymore. 

By the way, also in the Caribbean the MDR can be open, just depends if it is a cruise with many embarkation ports or a close loop from the USA. 

You were correct!

Our first day on embarkation day in Greece, they did not have MDR open for lunch.

At dinner time they were open and had a very good meal indeed.

MDR dining spoiled me from dining in the buffet because of the service, bottled mineral water, creative desserts, and upscale plated food.

Only time we used the buffet was for late nite pizzas, early morning port day boat tenders, etc...

20230526_211631.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michelle028 said:

Sailing out of Trieste in July on MSC Splendida - could you please post food pics and MDR menus? Your dinner looks amazing btw!

Yours sounds like a great cruise on a much newer ship!

With the addition of speciality restaurants, you will probably find so many more choices than our cruise.

Dining in the MDR for 5 nights was a treat for us as they did vary their menus and focused on different themes (white night, gala evening, mediterranean, casual, italian, etc).

The best dish I found was their risotto - whether it was a vegetarian, vegan, seafood, veal, etc...

Ended up ordering 2 risottos each night!

20230526_211225.jpg

20230526_211217.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

20230526_214418.jpg

20230525_191223.jpg

20230525_192643.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post food pics! I find it difficult to find menus/food pics for MSC. Its my 1st time sailing with them, great tip about the Risotto I will definitely try it 🙂

"Ended up ordering 2 risottos each night!" -  Did you pay extra for this?

Also did you like any particular desserts?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, michelle028 said:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post food pics! I find it difficult to find menus/food pics for MSC. Its my 1st time sailing with them, great tip about the Risotto I will definitely try it 🙂

"Ended up ordering 2 risottos each night!" -  Did you pay extra for this?

Also did you like any particular desserts?

You can order 5 risottos - no charge, *but please eat what you order.  As my Navy father would say "take what you want, but eat what you take" 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1