Making Dining Reservations Onboard

We will soon be on Allure of the Seas and we have the three-night dining package. Once onboard, can you only make reservations at one of the specialty dining restaurants or is there a kiosk or desk elsewhere that handles the reservations too? Just want to make sure we know where to head first. Thanks, in advance, for the info.

5 minutes ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

We will soon be on Allure of the Seas and we have the three-night dining package. Once onboard, can you only make reservations at one of the specialty dining restaurants or is there a kiosk or desk elsewhere that handles the reservations too? Just want to make sure we know where to head first. Thanks, in advance, for the info.

Yes make all 3 as soon as you board. So you get the best times possible. There is a kiosk or head to izumi or one of the other restaurants. 

My understanding is to make a reservation for imuzi hibachi, you have to head to izumis.  The other specialty restaurants don't take reservations for them correct?  

I was also told that a lot of izumi hibachi is often times sold out by the time you get on board.  I was told a workaround was to just make a specialty dining reservation through the app and when you get on board have them convert it to the 3 night dining specialty package.  You don't get your money back, but it's applied as on board credit  

I hope this information is correct.  It's what I did.  I made the reservation and I plan on getting it changed so it's covered under my 3 night dining plan.  I didn't want to take a chance on it being sold out on board.

If you want Hibachi go book your reservations at Izumi.  It used to have the shortest line but no so much anymore now that the word is out that if you want Hibachi you have to go there to book it.  In the past you could have booked it at any other restaurant

We are a group of 5 cabins (18 people) all in suites.  My understanding is the concierge will email us for some of our preferences and at that time tell them our specialty dining wishes?  Please advise.  This is our first RCL cruise!

11 hours ago, sargemrs said:

My understanding is the concierge will email us for some of our preferences and at that time tell them our specialty dining wishes? 

Unless you are in Star Class suites, you either have to book/pay for the specialty dining in the planner now (likely cheaper) or ask the concierge to do it for you (at the on board price).

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unless you are in Star Class suites, you either have to book/pay for the specialty dining in the planner now (likely cheaper) or ask the concierge to do it for you (at the on board price).

We all paid for the 3 specialty dining package, so you’re saying the suite concierge won’t reserve before we’re onboard?

6 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

We all paid for the 3 specialty dining package, so you’re saying the suite concierge won’t reserve before we’re onboard?

Yes, the suites concierge will make your specialty dining reservations before you board if you have the UDP.

5 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

He/she might but the reason you get a discount on the package is the lack of certainty of dates/times before boarding.

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

He/she might but the reason you get a discount on the package is the lack of certainty of dates/times before boarding.

I’m sure that’s part of the reason, but lots of things are on sale before the cruise.  We will probably wait until we’re onboard to decide anyway so it’s okay.  

There is a kiosk across from the sorrento's pizza to book all your reservations with the exception of hibatchi at Izumi.  On our May 7th sailing Izumi was initially sold out, but we called everyday to check for open reservations and we got one for 5 of us on day six (same day of calling).  So keep checking!  Also Wonderland was empty the first day when we went to check it out, so thats a good option to go to book your dinner times.  However the Kiosk only took a few minutes in line, not a bad choice either.

Edited by nimbex1970
  • Like 1