Are wash rags a special thing with MSC?

4 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Let's try and sort the difference ---we in the UK (I generalize) use make up removing cloths or pads bought from a supermarket/pharmacy specifically for the job usually in packs of 25 cloths, I would not dream of leaving removed make up on a face cloth wash rag or whatever you call it.. Eye make up is removed in the same way if necessary with eye make up remover pads..

Make up removed we can wash, moisturize whatever we wish to do.

Agree, I do the same. On last weeks cruise I actually forgot my pack of disposable cloths and had to buy some in Haugesund😄. For the first 2 nights I just used my hands with my wash off cleanser and my skin felt horrible and dry.

We had wash rags everyday without asking, I actually use them to dry my hands never for my face😁.

We also had a box of tissues in the dressing table drawer again without asking. As a British woman if there were no tissues I'd just use toilet roll which I tend to do at home.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Yes, you are from the south US. 😊  No offense, honestly, my DH calls them washrags. However, I’m from the Midwest ((Ohio) and they’re known as wash clothes.  Evidently, if you’re from some European countries, they’re “flannels”

All the ssme…many of us (women especially) like to have cloths to cleanse our face with prior to sleeping each night.  

Sure am!  Charlotte, NC!  lol

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Let's try and sort the difference ---we in the UK (I generalize) use make up removing cloths or pads bought from a supermarket/pharmacy specifically for the job usually in packs of 25 cloths, I would not dream of leaving removed make up on a face cloth wash rag or whatever you call it.. Eye make up is removed in the same way if necessary with eye make up remover pads..

Make up removed we can wash, moisturize whatever we wish to do.

We can buy those here as well, but I don't like them.  I buy cloths made specifically for the removal of makeup, with my makeup remover, followed by my face wash.  I also have a liquid eye makeup remover I use with cotton pads.  

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Sure am!  Charlotte, NC!  lol

We can buy those here as well, but I don't like them.  I buy cloths made specifically for the removal of makeup, with my makeup remover, followed by my face wash.  I also have a liquid eye makeup remover I use with cotton pads.  

I suggest you take your cloths from home if they are specifically for the job, end of the problem 

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

I suggest you take your cloths from home if they are specifically for the job, end of the problem 

I use a clean one every day.  I don't want to bring that many with me.  From what I've heard, it's not going to be a problem getting them in the yacht club, but I will bring disposable wipes just in case.  

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

12 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Yes, you are from the south US. 😊  No offense, honestly, my DH calls them washrags. However, I’m from the Midwest ((Ohio) and they’re known as wash clothes.  Evidently, if you’re from some European countries, they’re “flannels”

All the ssme…many of us (women especially) like to have cloths to cleanse our face with prior to sleeping each night.  

In Ohio, they say wash rag or wash cloth.  I thought further south, it would change to "warsh rag." 😃

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The "R" between the "A" and "S" is a Maryland accent - "Warshington" 

True.  I understand that the intrusive "R" used to be owned by midlands areas of the US.  Even in Cincinnati, people will say, "My car needs warshed," instead of washed.  I suppose that could be extended to Maryland.

24 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

LOL...you made me laugh. I am from KY and we call them "worsh rags". But dh being raised in PA calls them wash cloths.

In the deep south it becomes waaalsh ragsz.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1