Orlando/Port Canaveral Hotel

LuCruise

March will be our first cruise out of Port Canaveral and so need suggestions for a hotel for the night before.  We'll have one teenager with us and no car.  We don't arrive at MCO until 5:30pm so just need somewhere to grab dinner (fast good is fine) and preferably the hotel includes breakfast.  

A few that I have researched are as follows:

• Best Western Cocoa Bach Hotel
  • Days Inn by Wyndham Cocoa Beach
  • Holiday Inn Express Hotels Cocoa Beach

These are all just under $400 CAD (which is a lot but seems to be a standard price these days)

Are these good?  Or, since we are not arriving until dinner time, are we better to book somewhere near the airport and then just give ourselves an extra hour to get the port in the morning?  If so, suggestions?  It's hard to find some place at the airport where we can grab a quick dinner.

Thanks.

Edited by LuCruise

• LuCruise changed the title to Orlando/Port Canaveral Hotel

Personally, I would get one of the hotels just north of the airport, (there's a bunch and most have a shuttle from the airport) with many restaurant choices nearby. Get one of the shuttle services to the ship in the morning. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

Personally, I would get one of the hotels just north of the airport, (there's a bunch and most have a shuttle from the airport) with many restaurant choices nearby. Get one of the shuttle services to the ship in the morning. Just my opinion.

Thanks. Any specific suggestions (or if you name one, i can see the area you mean)?

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thank you. This helps.  Will check out the area and then see if we want to stay by the airport and leave the 45-1hr drive to the port the morning of, of stay close to the port.

If you do decide to stay at the port here are the hotels closest to the port (less than a mile) that I would recommend…..

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port/Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites

*Springhill Suites

*Towneplace Suites

*Residence Inn

*Country Inn & Suites

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

If you do decide to stay at the port here are the hotels closest to the port (less than a mile) that I would recommend…..

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port/Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites

*Springhill Suites

*Towneplace Suites

*Residence Inn

*Country Inn & Suites

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

When we flew into Orlando we stayed at the Hyatt which is right there at the Orlando airport. The next morning we used Cortrans shuttle to get us to the ship and then back to the airport after the cruise. It all worked out very well.

Thank you.  Will look into Cortrans Shuttle.  Often we like to just use uber so we are on our own schedule but will definitely look into it.  We'll be a family of 3 for this cruise so will also see what makes sense.

Think it will depend on the hotel. If we can save $100 or more, than may pick an airport hotel.  If the price is the same, then may as well get ourselves closer to the port.  (Then again, if arriving dinner time, we may just want to get settled).

We stayed at Cocoa Beach Best Western and had a great time.  They have a good breakfast in the morning.  (Servers take your order for hot items; fruit & coffee/juice is self-serve.)  Easy to walk to the Pier.  Several places to eat.  

We also can recommend CruiseControl for a reliable and decently prices shuttle.  They were on time and kept in touch with us to let us know they were on the way.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency at MCO. It's inside the terminal, so couldn't be more convenient. MCO has a food court where you can grab dinner.

Lots of transport options from MCO to the port in the morning.

The hotel is fantastic. Definitely check the price, and see if it is worth the convenience. With the late arrival time at MCO, you'll be happy to not have to leave the airport before going to bed!

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

Thanks for the replies. We ended up booking near the airport. Just picked something cheapish (a La Quinta) that had restaurants near by and breakfast included.  Will take a look at Hyatt as that sounds very convenient but if it's just for a few hours overnight we don't want to spend too much.