Eclipse retreat versus Beyond?

zitsky

Just did a cruise in accessible sky suite on Beyond.  Wondering how the Retreat compares on the Eclipse?  We’d probably book a regular Sky Suite on the Eclipse.  It is much smaller?

This is easy. Remember the Solstice class ships were designed to emphasize Aqua class and introduce speciality restaurants Murano, Tuscan and Silk Harvest. The edge class ships were all about the Retreat class and Beyond actually made improvements on the Retreat. So there is really no comparison when it comes done to in. The Solstice class was retro fitted to do the retreat etc. The are both great but Edge class ships are much better. 

There is no sundeck, Micheal's Club is the Retreat Lounge and has more the feel of a cigar lounge ( dark, overstuffed furnitiure).  Luminae was carved our of the MDR and has the same menu as on the Eclass ships.  The plus vs the E class is that you can order from the MDR menu as the kitchens share the same space.

The suite itself is about the same size and the balcony probably have a dining table suitable for dining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

There is no sundeck, Micheal's Club is the Retreat Lounge and has more the feel of a cigar lounge ( dark, overstuffed furnitiure).  Luminae was carved our of the MDR and has the same menu as on the Eclass ships.  The plus vs the E class is that you can order from the MDR menu as the kitchens share the same space.

The suite itself is about the same size and the balcony probably have a dining table suitable for dining.

The other plus of S class ships is that Murano is aboard and is probably the best specialty restaurant in the fleet. One opinion, and I'm probably wrong, of course.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Just did a cruise in accessible sky suite on Beyond.  Wondering how the Retreat compares on the Eclipse?  We’d probably book a regular Sky Suite on the Eclipse.  It is much smaller?

You will see a huge difference in the Retreat experience between Edge class and Solstice class, specifically Eclipse, which has NOT undergone the Revolution process (and likely won't). That said, however, you will still receive The Retreat treatment with a butler, concierge, stateroom attendant, Luminae (maybe the best restaurant on the ship, and Michael's Club (aka The Retreat Lounge). The only thing missing is the Retreat Sundeck, which is a non-issue for us, and may not be accessible to all passengers where installed in M and S class ships.

36 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

The other plus of S class ships is that Murano is aboard and is probably the best specialty restaurant in the fleet. One opinion, and I'm probably wrong, of course.

😂😂. I am a Murano fans  but for Le Voyage is the best, followed by Eden then Murano, but likely I’m wrong also😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

😂😂. I am a Murano fans  but for Le Voyage is the best, followed by Eden then Murano, but likely I’m wrong also😉

Well, I must be wrong also.  😎

Edited by Texed

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

My partner hates tasting menus so he was not happy on Eden or Voyage and he went ala carte.  I thought they were good.

I agree with others - not really a good comparison between the retrofitted Retreat areas on S-Class and the designed Retreat on E-Class.  But I have sailed both in a suite and have very much enjoyed both.  That is all that counts with me anyway.

• Thanks 1