BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2023

Good news from the captain that the engine repairs have been sucessful and the techos are putting the finishing touches.. but it is the Seas that are slowing us now.. a bit of movement but I think coral handles it well... tomorrow we will have a better idea if aqaba will be on time.... cross fingers 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Gaznjo said:

tomorrow we will have a better idea if aqaba will be on time.... cross fingers 

You'll make it on time. Stay positive!

Have a great day there whatever you're doing.

It's an area full of wonderful things to see.

I can't wait to go back some day.

No doubt a lot of the crew will head out as well on the buses.

The day I was there there were about 6 crew buses that headed up to Petra.

• Like 1

After leaving Dubai, United Arab Emirates on Monday, Coral Princess is now on her way on Aqaba, Jordan, she is due to arrive in Aqaba on the 3rd July 2023.

Coral Princess is currently of the coast of Oman:

coralprincess28062023.jpg

They have now got 4 days at sea till they reach Aqaba.

Current position of Coral Princess:

Under way from Dubai to Aqaba

Departure was 1 d 17 hrs 37 min ago. (at 22:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 4 d 16 hrs 23 min. (at 07:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Dubai: 758.51 nm (1,404.76 km)

Remaining distance to Aqaba: 2,057.37 nm (3,810.24 km).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaznjo said:

Good news from the captain that the engine repairs have been sucessful and the techos are putting the finishing touches.. but it is the Seas that are slowing us now.. a bit of movement but I think coral handles it well... tomorrow we will have a better idea if aqaba will be on time.... cross fingers 

Never knew about this site. More reading to catch up on!

On 6/26/2023 at 7:22 PM, NSWP said:

Do I get half a packet of fantails for saying Alaska? Lol.

This might even be slightly more on-topic. One of the oldest choc factories is closing down, and cruising might be part of the demise. P&O & Princess often had Hillier's chocs on the pillow, but now they don't. Hillier's has now gone to the wall.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

This might even be slightly more on-topic. One of the oldest choc factories is closing down, and cruising might be part of the demise. P&O & Princess often had Hillier's chocs on the pillow, but now they don't. Hillier's has now gone to the wall.

I think it is the second time it has gone under unfortunately. Quite nice choccies too. Back in the day when community groups did shopping tours by coach as fundraisers, I visited Hilliers a few times. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 7:37 AM, possum52 said:

I think it is the second time it has gone under unfortunately. Quite nice choccies too. Back in the day when community groups did shopping tours by coach as fundraisers, I visited Hilliers a few times. 

Yes I remember Hilliers, they produced a lot of chocolates for the corporate world.

• Like 1

I just spotted a post elsewhere saying the arrival at Aqaba will be later than scheduled. I hope those hoping to go to Petra will still be able to do their excursion. Apparently the engine problem is not fully resolved yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just spotted a post elsewhere saying the arrival at Aqaba will be later than scheduled. I hope those hoping to go to Petra will still be able to do their excursion. Apparently the engine problem is not fully resolved yet.

I hope for the passengers that the post you read got it wrong and they will get there on time.

When we went to Petra on a Princess excursion we left Aqaba early and arrived back at the ship in the dark, it was a very long day.

It would be very disappointing and upsetting for people who hadn't been there before as it is such an important port of call.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I hope for the passengers that the post you read got it wrong and they will get there on time.

When we went to Petra on a Princess excursion we left Aqaba early and arrived back at the ship in the dark, it was a very long day.

It would be very disappointing and upsetting for people who hadn't been there before as it is such an important port of call.

The person who posted the info is currently onboard Coral and had just heard the announcement about the delayed arrival. 

Very disappointing for those hoping to do the Petra excursion. For some it may very well be their only chance to go there. We'll be praying there are no similar issues next year as we'll only have one chance to go there. 

• Like 1

Checked an hour ago she is plodding along at 15 knots.

Often 40 bus loads of pax do the Petra shorex, plus as has been said, half a dozen crew buses. One of the highlights of the Worldy.

• Like 2

Update.

Aqaba delayed 1 day,

Suez delayed 1 day,

Mykonos cancelled,

Messina added.

A well thought out and pragmatic decision in my opinion.

A personal request.

Whilst I, and I’m sure others, are happy to post factual updates from onboard, it would be appreciated if it wasn’t necessary to wade through irrelevant posts to do so.

I will respect Stu’s original intention in starting this thread.

Cheers.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2023 at 1:23 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Update.

Aqaba delayed 1 day,

Suez delayed 1 day,

Mykonos cancelled,

Messina added.

Thank You for the news!, That is a shame they are going to miss another port and be late to Aqaba & Suez! 😞.

Hopefully Messina will be a good ad on port 🙂

• Like 1

Update ( 2nd pm )

Tomorrow ( 3rd ) is the final sea day to Aqaba.

Full day planned there on the 4th.

Daylight transit planned for Suez on the 6th.

Messina on the 8th.

Athough only a short stop in Messina ( 3pm - 9pm ) the team has put together 4 different shorex which is a good effort.

Once we are in the Med there will be greater flexibility in case of any need for further alterations.

We are relaxed about it all, and it appears the vast majority of the ship is as well.

A large group had their mid winter Xmas dinner in an area set aside in Horizon last night.

A great night, and the staff & crew made it a wonderful event.

S. Claus had a passing resemblance to Charlie our head of security.

Another Sunday brunch in the MDR from 10:30 - 1:30 today.

VERY popular, especially all the chefs displaying their special cakes and desserts.

Well done to all involved.

Everything ticking along well.

• Like 6

On 7/1/2023 at 10:23 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Update.

Aqaba delayed 1 day,

Suez delayed 1 day,

Mykonos cancelled,

Messina added.

A well thought out and pragmatic decision in my opinion.

A personal request.

Whilst I, and I’m sure others, are happy to post factual updates from onboard, it would be appreciated if it wasn’t necessary to wade through irrelevant posts to do so.

I will respect Stu’s original intention in starting this thread.

Cheers.

That sounds like a great plan B. 

Are they planning to fix the issue, or is it 3/4 speed ahead?

8 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Update ( 2nd pm )

Tomorrow ( 3rd ) is the final sea day to Aqaba.

Full day planned there on the 4th.

Daylight transit planned for Suez on the 6th.

Messina on the 8th.

Athough only a short stop in Messina ( 3pm - 9pm ) the team has put together 4 different shorex which is a good effort.

Once we are in the Med there will be greater flexibility in case of any need for further alterations.

We are relaxed about it all, and it appears the vast majority of the ship is as well.

A large group had their mid winter Xmas dinner in an area set aside in Horizon last night.

A great night, and the staff & crew made it a wonderful event.

S. Claus had a passing resemblance to Charlie our head of security.

Another Sunday brunch in the MDR from 10:30 - 1:30 today.

VERY popular, especially all the chefs displaying their special cakes and desserts.

Well done to all involved.

Everything ticking along well.

Good to hear everything is going well. Thanks for the update.

I hope one of the Messina excursions is to Taormina. It's such a gorgeous place and the drive there and back was nice. It was only a half day excursion when we did it in 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Don’t have an answer to that question yet arxcards.

I guess it will become clearer in a few days time.

Messina has significant ship maintenance facilities. Hopefully it can all be solved there.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Coral Princess docked in Aqaba, Jordan today:

coral-bridge04072023.jpg

coralprincess04072023.jpg

Aqaba is a very interesting place and hot, when we went there before covid we did something that many don't do when they go there we went snorkelling in the red sea!, which was good!

• Like 1