If I'm in a Retreat suite, can I have AquaClass friends over?

marne-c

Marchbut that was our experience. 2020 ,we sailed on the Edge with my son and his wife.

We were in a CS and they were in an IV.

I called Celebrity before sailing and they said we could pay for them to access the Retreat amenities.

We did and they were able to join us at Luminae and the sundeck..

This was the final sailing before the shutdown and we were concerned about getting home.

Things have probably changed since then 

On 5/29/2023 at 4:11 AM, gold1953 said:

and if every retreat  person snuck a friend or family member in it would be a crowded place and take the enjoyment away

THIS!!!! A Thousand times this!  If someone wants to have the upgraded amenities - pay for them.  Please people, stop "sneaking in" friends and family members.  The areas are built to handle a specific number of people, and Celebrity has available some number of passes that can be purchased for family/friends traveling with you.  Once those are purchased, that's it.  If everyone starts "sneaking in" people - those of us who have paid for the amenities cannot access them due to overcrowding. Yeah, I get it, you want to be with your friends/family.  But enjoy the areas everyone can access together.

There is no proof that anyone was sneaking anyone in.  Could have been prearranged & paid for or been some special dispensation that no one would know about.  I've seen the Retreat hosts regularly turn away people who wander in.  

• Like 1

you can pay for guests in Luminae..not BLU..

I think there is some rule where Singles in AQ who pay double for their cruise can bring a guest..something like  that??

suite guests are welcome in Blu no charge   subject to availability..which is limited

OP here.  Thanks all for the comments.  Very useful.

Without the input here, I'd have booked a Celebrity Suite.  But it's clear that wouldn't have worked.  So I've booked a Prime AquaClass cabin, and our friends have done so also.  We're almost adjacent on deck 9, port side.

--Marne

Edited by marne-c
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 7:31 PM, jelayne said:

Food is very subjective.  We prefer the menu in Blu over the Luminae menu. 

Yes it is subjective, and we prefer Luminae food and service over Blu.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marne-c said:

OP here.  Thanks all for the comments.  Very useful.

Without the input here, I'd have booked a Celebrity Suite.  But it's clear that wouldn't have worked.  So I've booked a Prime AquaClass cabin, and our friends have done so also.  We're almost adjacent on deck 9, port side.

--Marne

Too bad you are not adjacent as you would be able to open up your balcony divers and have one much bigger balcony. We do this when we travel with friends or family.

• Like 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

Too bad you are not adjacent as you would be able to open up your balcony divers and have one much bigger balcony. We do this when we travel with friends or family.

True.  But was not to be....

--Marne

1 minute ago, marne-c said:

True.  But was not to be....

--Marne

Is that because there were none available?  Sometimes Celebrity can move people around to accommodate people traveling together with friends and family. Our TA working with Celebrity got this done for us last year on the Reflection. We were in Sky Suites cruising with my sister and BIL. When we booked there were no adjacent Sky Suites but it got worked out for us.

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

(snip)   Our TA working with Celebrity got this done for us last year on the Reflection. (snip)

I'm asking our TA about this.  He was on some junket over the weekend, and only just made our bookings.

--Marne

• Like 1