If I'm in a Retreat suite, can I have AquaClass friends over?

marne-c

Our dear friends are researching itineraries for their first cruise.  My wife and I (experienced cruisers) will accompany them, whatever they choose.  We have previously sailed with Celebrity, but years ago, long pre-Edge class. But I know things have changed...

When our friends mentioned interest in a Celebrity itinerary, I scoped out The Retreat suites for my wife and I, figuring our friends (whose budget is AquaClass at best) could freely join us in our room and balcony to hang out together.  But I know that on some lines (Haven on RCI comes to mind), 'exclusive' suites can be so exclusive that other pax, even invited, are not really welcome.

So, Celebrity experts, would a Retreat suite be amenable for sharing a private on-board space with our friends?  And could those friends accompany us to the Retreat's dining or deck venues?  Or should we book ourselves into AquaClass, if that's where our friends will be?

--Marne

Absolutely, you can invite anyone you want into your suite.  

They will not be able to join you in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club or the Retreat sundeck, if there is one on your ship.  Depending on the Maitre'D and how busy is Luminae, they might be able to join you there for a meal usually for a fee.  But your own suite is your own space to share with whomever you would like.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I would book the same level as your friends.  If you are paying for Retreat amenities (which are wonderful) you want to be able to use them.  If you are going with friends, don't you want to be at the same pool?  Also, it would be a waste of money if you can't enjoy the retreat lounge.

• Like 4

In some ways, you are more restricted from hanging out with your friends if they are in Aqua and you are in a suite.  As mentioned, it's tricky for them to join you in suite specific venues, but Aqua has some included venues that aren't included with suites.  Specifically Blu and the Persian Gardens.  You can still pay to join them in the Persian Gardens (similar to how they could join in you Luminae for a fee).  There isn't a fee for Blu, but there is a priority for Aqua guests over Suite guests, so there is a chance you couldn't join your friends or you might have to wait longer for a table.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, N.Ice said:

In some ways, you are more restricted from hanging out with your friends if they are in Aqua and you are in a suite.  As mentioned, it's tricky for them to join you in suite specific venues, but Aqua has some included venues that aren't included with suites.  Specifically Blu and the Persian Gardens.  You can still pay to join them in the Persian Gardens (similar to how they could join in you Luminae for a fee).  There isn't a fee for Blu, but there is a priority for Aqua guests over Suite guests, so there is a chance you couldn't join your friends or you might have to wait longer for a table.

Also Aqua Sky Suite guests have access to Blu on a space available basis and I believe the Persian Garden also.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Also Aqua Sky Suite guests have access to Blu on a space available basis and I believe the Persian Garden also.

Good point, so maybe the Aqua Sky Suite is an option to get the space in the cabin and still hang out with friends.  It does still probably have the point of potentially paying for access (via the higher Suite prices) to Luminae and the Retreat without using it much because the OP is hanging out with their friends.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

All Sky Suite guests have the Blu "benefit".

Edited by mahasamatman

2 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

All Sky Suite guests have the Blu "benefit".

That is true.  But we were told by a hostess that Aqua Sky Suites had priority over other suite guests ( with the  exception of RS/PH)for seating in Blu.  That made sense to us, as Aqua SS pay a premium.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, prmssk said:

They will not be able to join you in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club or the Retreat sundeck, if there is one on your ship.

This didn't seem very enforced to us. We were there and some others always brought their adult kids in from their inside cabin to the retreat. No one noticed or said anything. 

I reckon if you are dining they probably check but in the retreat not so much. 

39 minutes ago, arealcheapskate said:

This didn't seem very enforced to us. We were there and some others always brought their adult kids in from their inside cabin to the retreat. No one noticed or said anything. 

Haha... Laughing at the irony of you recounting your Retreat story, and noticing the handle you chose for yourself.  It gives me hope that there are deals out there for suites.

9 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

and if every retreat  person snuck a friend or family member in it would be a crowded place and take the enjoyment away

• Like 7

10 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

There is a scheme to allow this where you can pay per day for access for family members. This is usually offered to higher suites first. I can’t remember the name of it…

• Like 2

You are allowed to have guests  in your cabin no matter what category they are in.   You can also visit them in their cabin. 

As for them dining in Luminae it would be better to apply the fee to a specialty restaurant. 

They will not be able to use any of the retreat areas. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 5/28/2023 at 10:06 AM, marne-c said:

Our dear friends are researching itineraries for their first cruise.  My wife and I (experienced cruisers) will accompany them, whatever they choose.  We have previously sailed with Celebrity, but years ago, long pre-Edge class. But I know things have changed...

When our friends mentioned interest in a Celebrity itinerary, I scoped out The Retreat suites for my wife and I, figuring our friends (whose budget is AquaClass at best) could freely join us in our room and balcony to hang out together.  But I know that on some lines (Haven on RCI comes to mind), 'exclusive' suites can be so exclusive that other pax, even invited, are not really welcome.

So, Celebrity experts, would a Retreat suite be amenable for sharing a private on-board space with our friends?  And could those friends accompany us to the Retreat's dining or deck venues?  Or should we book ourselves into AquaClass, if that's where our friends will be?

--Marne

If you are traveling with friends, all should be in the same class to avoid potential issues.  You will be happy in Aqua Class and Blu.  Enjoy!

• Like 1