Celebrity Equinox dinner bookings

ve3ell

I booked dinner reservations for an upcoming cruise in October using onboard credit. Instead of charging to onboard credit they fully charged my credit card when they should have only charged the overage. I am not impressed at all. I decided to fly down ahead of the cruise and they charged a fee to do this. With my own airline there is no charge for changes. Lets see how long it takes them to credit back charges to my card and how long it takes. I will not travel with them again.

That’s frustrating.  Did you select and insert the amount of OBC when reserving? Found it is not automatic.  

As your cruise in October, thought you could make changes with out fees prior to final payment which shouldn’t be due at this time. 
Hope everything else works out ok for you.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ve3ell said:

I booked dinner reservations for an upcoming cruise in October using onboard credit. Instead of charging to onboard credit they fully charged my credit card when they should have only charged the overage. I am not impressed at all. I decided to fly down ahead of the cruise and they charged a fee to do this. With my own airline there is no charge for changes. Lets see how long it takes them to credit back charges to my card and how long it takes. I will not travel with them again.

As was stated above, it is not an automatic thing - you have to scroll down and choose to have your OBC used.  You can cancel and rebook if it is still the same price.  Otherwise I would call X

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

As was stated above, it is not an automatic thing - you have to scroll down and choose to have your OBC used.  You can cancel and rebook if it is still the same price.  Otherwise I would call X

This^^^

• Like 1

I also just made dinner reservation for my October cruise. I used my OBC for it and my balance came up $0. I'm surprised how far in advance you have to make the reservation. I was fortunate to hook a 8:00 reservation, as I prefer a earlier seating.

Sorry for the frustration, OP.  I feel your pain!  I tried to make dinner reservations via the planner and I got an error message claiming the were "stuffed"...meaning there were no spots available.  I wanted to take advantage of the first night discount at Murano.  Frankly, the reviews of the MDR on Equinox are brutal.  So whether OBC or not, if you got reservations...keep them!  As for me, I'm planning of scouting out the lemon tarts at Cafe Al Bachio.  

• Haha 1

I know I have done this in the past, but I can’t seem to find a way to make day and time reservations for the dining packages I bought for my BtoB cruises on the Reflection. Can someone direct me to the right page on the web site? Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

I know I have done this in the past, but I can’t seem to find a way to make day and time reservations for the dining packages I bought for my BtoB cruises on the Reflection. Can someone direct me to the right page on the web site? Thanks.

If you bought a package you can not reserve a time until on the ship.  This may be a change from the past but it's been that way over 18 months now.

Really do not see it very confusing on using the obc. You have to look at the whole page but many I guess in a rush and miss where you have to specify obc or credit card.  I find the bookings and site very easy to use and well laid out in the options.  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry for the frustration, OP.  I feel your pain!  I tried to make dinner reservations via the planner and I got an error message claiming the were "stuffed"...meaning there were no spots available.  I wanted to take advantage of the first night discount at Murano.  Frankly, the reviews of the MDR on Equinox are brutal.  So whether OBC or not, if you got reservations...keep them!  As for me, I'm planning of scouting out the lemon tarts at Cafe Al Bachio.  

Did B2B on Equinox in February.  No issues with food in MDR.  

• Like 1