Dining reservations on Explora

bitob

31 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Perhaps you should help out this gentleman. I believe you said you had drinks with him at one point. 

He just posted this: 

"As for the "Cokegate," may I call it that?

I promise, this will be the last chapter of this (of course first-world problem)...

Last evening, before returning to the ship, I received a message that there was Coke Zero available again on the ship... but upon returning to the ship, I unfortunately discovered that while there was indeed Diet Coke, there was no Coke Zero (i.e.Lobby Bar, Fil Rouge). This morning, wherever we asked on the ship, we were told they had "only" Diet Coke. My best half was full of hope...

So, I spoke with the responsible manager (F&B), and he assured me that while there was indeed freshly delivered Diet Coke on the ship since yesterday, there had been no Coke Zero available anymore (editors add: for more than a week now). So, if you happen to find Coke Zero anywhere on the ship, consider yourself lucky. For those wondering about the hype surrounding the different sugar-free varieties: they taste different. Some people swear by one type, others by the other. So, lets move on..."

P.S. So if you found some in your cooler, be a sport and gift it to this gentleman's wife.

Well ok but do they stock sprite zero now we'd be talking. I guess ill have to request it on board

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, safarigal said:

On the subject of dinner reservations - are you able to make dinner reservations online before you board, or do you have to do this over the phone?

You can make one reservation for each restaurant pre boarding over the phone 

1 minute ago, uktog said:

You can make one reservation for each restaurant pre boarding over the phone 

Thanks! There doesn't seem to be any way to access our booking online, so it's good to know that a phone call will do it 🙂

16 minutes ago, safarigal said:

Thanks! There doesn't seem to be any way to access our booking online, so it's good to know that a phone call will do it 🙂

If you booked through a travel agent, I believe the travel agent has to request the reservations for you over the phone. At least, this was how it was for us.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KJB416 said:

If you booked through a travel agent, I believe the travel agent has to request the reservations for you over the phone. At least, this was how it was for us.  Enjoy your cruise!

I am booked through an agent but did the reservation myself 

• Like 1

I had no problem getting our preferred reservations for both segments of the Miami to Miami the afternoon of embarkation. Our two segments are an ‘extended journey’ under the same booking code if that could impact anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Henk123 said:

There is no real main diningroom on the explora but is Fil Rouge a kind of replacement?

I wouldn’t categorise Fil Rouge as a MDR type replacement - basically there is no MDR concept on Explora (and I have no issue with that given the variety of dining options on offer)

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I wouldn’t categorise Fil Rouge as a MDR type replacement - basically there is no MDR concept on Explora (and I have no issue with that given the variety of dining options on offer)

Totally agree and all the options are very excellent 

On 11/5/2023 at 5:44 PM, Henk123 said:

There is no real main diningroom on the explora but is Fil Rouge a kind of replacement?

I would tend to be of the opinion that the Med YC is a dining room option. We had lunch there today and it was fantastic. No reservations for dinner just like any other dining room. Very classy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

I would tend to be of the opinion that the Med YC is a dining room option. We had lunch there today and it was fantastic. No reservations for dinner just like any other dining room. Very classy!

While it is certainly not a main dining room replacement we ate there 3 nights out of 9 because it was excellent extremely beautiful and 1st class. Other venues are top notch as well. The beautiful setting makes it very engaging calm and a lovely dining experience 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

They usually have smaller tables but I have also seen the occasional table for 12/14, depending on restaurant. It is however absolutely no problem for them to accommodate you and shift tables together, except maybe in Anthology, but probably even there. Knowing Explora staff, they will bend over backwards to accommodate you in every possible way. So don’t worry. Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by mike@sea
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, thebigcruiseguy said:

Are there tables for 12?

There was a table of 12 seated near us in Med Yacht Club, so it’s definitely possible.  It was a horrible experience for anyone near that table; it was very loud (they were shouting across the large table to each other) and some were doing FaceTime also adding to the noise.  At least one of them was an “influencer” based on the posts he was doing from the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It also causes issues in the kitchen focusing on getting 12 meals out to the pass simultaneously and this impacts on service for other guests. We saw two groups of 6 (yes the models the influencers and their camera folk) as to have 3 tables of 4 put together when they arrived at Fil Rouge one night. The General Manager was called and she said no. Unfortunately they then shouted across the place but at least the waiters were only taking orders from one table at a time 

• Thanks 2