No A/C in cabin on Caribbean Princess…help

MarcsSharon

On 6/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, suekel said:

I'm on the Dolphin deck right now and the air is great. 

lol this makes sense..I've never had a problem with the air on the CB but I've only ever stayed in forward dolphin deck cabins.

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

I would like to see a photo of this balcony slider door sticker/decal that says please keep slider door closed .

Are they on all the ships now or just the newer ones? Thanks 

Have you ever walked down the passageway and heard the wind whistling under a cabin door?  That is how we find the offenders when we get complaints from a cluster of cabins.  Leaving the balcony door open unbalances the air flow to an entire block of cabins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

Have you ever walked down the passageway and heard the wind whistling under a cabin door?  That is how we find the offenders when we get complaints from a cluster of cabins.  Leaving the balcony door open unbalances the air flow to an entire block of cabins.

We were in a connecting cabin once when, with the connecting doors closed, we heard the wind whistling.  When I opened the door (the culprit's door was still closed) it sounded like we were standing in the middle of a storm.  Luckily the culprits heard my very loud instructions to my DH to call guest services and complain because the noise stopped immediately and we didn't have a problem on the remaining 9 days of the cruise.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I’m not even booked for a cruise coming up ,so it’s been a while. I have just never seen the stickers or decals.

I’m not looking to argue about offenders or principals of how or why.

I would say most people that leave the balcony door open have no idea about how the a/c  works and that they might affect cabins around them. Heck we’re on vacation -that’s usually the least of most peoples worries. Of course I’m sure people try to be considerate ,but I don’t think anyone tries to figure any of this out unless there is specific literature and/or stickers that say do not leave balcony door open ,you will affect other cabins . Most passengers don’t know unless of course they leave the balcony door open and their AC is triggered to go off in their cabin, then of course they really notice , if they’re not informed.

So if these stickers are on every balcony door great ,if not that’s where the problem ls.I’ve never seen any literature from Princess nor a door sticker .

I just wanted to see a photo of a balcony door sticker and what the verbiage says. Nothing more .

30 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I’m not even booked for a cruise coming up ,so it’s been a while. I have just never seen the stickers or decals.

I would say most people that leave the balcony door open have no idea about how the a/c  works and that they might affect cabins around them. Heck we’re on vacation -that’s usually the least of most peoples worries. Of course I’m sure people try to be considerate ,but I don’t think anyone tries to figure any of this out unless there is specific literature and/or stickers that say do not leave balcony door open ,you will affect other cabins . Most passengers don’t know unless of course they leave the balcony door open and their AC is triggered to go off in their cabin, then of course they really notice , if they’re not informed.

So if these stickers are on every balcony door great ,if not that’s where the problem ls.I’ve never seen any literature from Princess nor a door sticker .

I just wanted to see a photo of a balcony door sticker and what the verbiage says. Nothing more .

We’ve seen a sticker, but cannot remember which ship.  I’ll certainly look next time.  

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

12108128733_3327fe6d2a_c.jpg

Edited by MissP22
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much exactly what I’m talking about - the sticker/ decal says to maintain the comfort in YOUR Stateroom,please keep the balcony door closed.

What if you don’t care if your air conditioning is on and a matter fact you turned your air conditioning off or your heat off and you like to leave your balcony door open ,that’s what that sticker implies to me. And I know that a sticker can’t explain everything ,but unfortunately there seems like there’s going to be problems  with a/c ,but just my opinion obviously. 

I think yes it’s nice and polite to keep your balcony door closed so you don’t affect the other cabins ,but again not everyone is on cruise critic that cruises or on any other social media . They wouldn’t even have this information. That sticker implies nothing about other cabins ,so I believe this issue is going to be ongoing .

seems like a suggestion only.

Edited by arizonaperson

37 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

but again not everyone is on cruise critic that cruises or on any other social media . They wouldn’t even have this information.

I knew this long before joining Cruise Critic which is the only social media platform I belong to.