First time in a suite - dos and don'ts

Mark.Jules

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

We have MANY sea days on the Eclipse in December but we are with friends.  Plus we like our mid ship cabin and don’t want to move.   But if X accepted a low move up bid I might do it.

Just remember when bidding you don’t get the extras like the premium drinks and have to pay the extra gratuities. 

Just now, Dar & Bob said:

Just remember when bidding you don’t get the extras like the premium drinks and have to pay the extra gratuities. 

Thanks.  I’ve done this on the Beyond.  As long as my Wi-Fi package lets me browse Cruise Critic, then I’m happy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

But if you bid and win high end suites like royal and above you still get specialty restaurants and drink setup of your choice in your suite.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

Our first Celebrity trip is coming up on Thanksgiving this year. Is it possible to prebook dining reservations now for Luminae on embarkation day (Thanksgiving)? I'm used to NCL where you don't need reservations for the Haven restaurant. Considering that embarkation day is the holiday, I'm guessing lots of folks may be wanting to dine there.

30 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Our first Celebrity trip is coming up on Thanksgiving this year. Is it possible to prebook dining reservations now for Luminae on embarkation day (Thanksgiving)? I'm used to NCL where you don't need reservations for the Haven restaurant. Considering that embarkation day is the holiday, I'm guessing lots of folks may be wanting to dine there.

Reservations are not required or expected at Luminae.  And since they have a restricted clientele, suite guests, it’s not likely to be a lot busier than normal.

32 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Luminae doesn’t take reservations. At least being the first day you won’t have a preferred server or table location to accommodate 😃 You’ll be seated as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Luminae doesn’t take reservations. At least being the first day you won’t have a preferred server or table location to accommodate 😃 You’ll be seated as quickly as possible.

Funny thing about that, I thought that as well, but Jim_Iain posted a link to a Celebrity webpage delineating what a butler can do for you.  Included in it was this:

Whether you want to reserve a table at Luminae, the private restaurant exclusively for Retreat guests, or wish to dine in your suite, your butler will act as your personal reservationist throughout your cruise.

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Have you sailed on RCCL Oasis?  I just looked at an RCCL Asia cruise in a Junior suite.  On Oasis-class.  I was surprised how big the cabin was and how cheap it was.  $9K total versus $14K for X Sky Suite.

Now I was looking at a RCCL cruise THIS YEAR and didn’t see anything for next year.  So not sure when they publish prices for next year if at all.

when comparing prices between RCCL and X keep in mind that on X your suite price includes premium drink package, premium WiFi and gratuities, RCCL doesn’t include any of these.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

when comparing prices between RCCL and X keep in mind that on X your suite price includes premium drink package, premium WiFi and gratuities, RCCL doesn’t include any of these.

Real suites get WiFi not junior suites , celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, George C said:

Real suites get WiFi not junior suites , celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl.

Depends on the RCC ship. We were in an owners suite on Jewel of the Seas and only had access to a lounge with limited bar service a few hours a day. That was it, nothing else included in that suite price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Funny thing about that, I thought that as well, but Jim_Iain posted a link to a Celebrity webpage delineating what a butler can do for you.  Included in it was this:

Whether you want to reserve a table at Luminae, the private restaurant exclusively for Retreat guests, or wish to dine in your suite, your butler will act as your personal reservationist throughout your cruise.

That was exactly what prompted my question. If it was any other random day I wouldn't be concerned, but since it's all new to us and it's that first night getting on board which is the important one for holiday dinner, figured I would ask.

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Depends on the RCC ship. We were in an owners suite on Jewel of the Seas and only had access to a lounge with limited bar service a few hours a day. That was it, nothing else included in that suite price.

Yes free WiFi is only on oasis class and newer , I doubt we will cruise anything less from now on , rccl perks are definitely favor newer ships , no suite restaurant on older ships , no free WiFi etc.

• Like 1

We've had some great butlers on Celebrity and some that were good.  But we have always had fantastic Retreat Concierges!  It seems like they can achieve the impossible at times and are so friendly!  In February we had just boarded and couldn't figure out our wifi connection so we went to the guest services area.  The Retreat Concierge saw us, Milca, pulled us out of line, fixed our wifi immediately, and told us to NEVER wait at Guest Services, to just come see her.  She was amazing!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We've had some great butlers on Celebrity and some that were good.  But we have always had fantastic Retreat Concierges!  It seems like they can achieve the impossible at times and are so friendly!  In February we had just boarded and couldn't figure out our wifi connection so we went to the guest services area.  The Retreat Concierge saw us, Milca, pulled us out of line, fixed our wifi immediately, and told us to NEVER wait at Guest Services, to just come see her.  She was amazing!

I guess when they don’t like you they tell you to go to Guest Services?

On 6/13/2023 at 7:12 PM, George C said:

Only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  Not on any of the other classes. 

On 6/9/2023 at 7:34 AM, Mark.Jules said:

We took the plunge and are in a sky suite on our Apex cruise to Norway. Hearing the dos and don'ts of suite cruising intrigues me. I know so much is subjective and will keep this in mind.

What is your favorite aspect of being in a suite?

What do you wish you would have known about the suite life before your cruise?

What other advice do you give to a first time suite guest?

Looking forward to  reading your responses.

It's all really good (we've been) in a suite on the Edge.  However, for its price these days, one might get a luxury cruise like Seabourn, Ponant, or even Regent for the same number of days (or even for a lesser price).

• Like 1