Size of Millennium Retreat lounge vs Beyond

zitsky

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We were looking at that sailing also in the Spring 2025, but, as of now, the PH suites are all waitlsted.

We are interested in the same question you pose. Is a 1250 passenger ship for us or do we prefer 2900??? I guess the only way to find out is to do it, but I have this inherent hesitation to spend that much $$$ and not be sure. 

mac_tlc

For us, it was much cheaper than a suite on Beyond/ TA, plus, we intentionally want to disembark in Lisbon, also wanting to try all the new spa stuff that is included.  Sorta like a Spa Sky Suite that also has a walk-in closet and three free restaurants to book. Time will tell and 2025 is a long time to wait, but hopefully a good experience.  I have already read a couple of reviews, so feeling good about those.  We like new, but not brand new  as we want some kinks to be taken care of too!   I understand your concern, as it took me quite a while to feel comfortable about booking Oceania!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

On sea days most passengers are out doing other things.   Laying at the pool, playing games, watching movies, and etc.  The retreat lounges rarely get busy except for embarkation, and disembarkation mornings.    If they have an activity it might get more people.   Many times during the day we would be the only passengers in there and that would be to get a carryout drink or see the host about something.  

We had our best times in the M class retreat lounge.  As others have said it is more intimate and is a lounge.   We prefer the old pub style.   Kelly ruined it with her designs and Ikea furniture.  

On the M class every night there would always be a nice group hanging out engaging in good conversation.   The service was fantastic.  The server would always notice that your glass was close to empty and without asking bring another.

The retreat lounge on the E class is a completely different experience and atmosphere.   We didn’t spend much time there.  The seating for us wasn’t comfortable.    There were chairs with footstools by the large picture windows but we couldn’t sit in them very long.  For reference I am 5’ 10 and wt 170 lbs.  my wife is 5’1 and 105.   They just didn’t fit  us.   We would go there for  a quick drink to take back to our cabin or on the retreat deck.   There is a retreat deck bar but they wouldn’t have the bourbon we wanted.  
The retreat lounge bar will try to accommodate what you like to drink.   They will stock it for you if available.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

It was my first time in the Retreat on the Beyond, but I thought it was wonderful.  The oversized chairs by the windows were very nice.

On M class are there comfortable chairs by the windows?  I can’t quite tell by the videos I find.

We haven’t been on the Millenium but on the Summit there is a bar height round table and a 2-3 bar stools by the window.  There isn’t a wall of window like there is on E class. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We haven’t been on the Millenium but on the Summit there is a bar height round table and a 2-3 bar stools by the window.  There isn’t a wall of window like there is on E class. 

Thanks.  I think it’s the Rendevous lounge at the front of the ship on that class?  (non Retreat).

The one thing I do like about the Edge Class Retreat is the outdoor patio/lanai.  I found it a very relaxing and comfortable place to sit and have a drink.  Rather like relaxing on a balcony but larger. If it rained you could get far enough back to be sheltered, depending on which way the wind was blowing. This was better than the high top in the M-Class Retreat bar area where you had a window view of the outside. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The one thing I do like about the Edge Class Retreat is the outdoor patio/lanai.  I found it a very relaxing and comfortable place to sit and have a drink.  Rather like relaxing on a balcony but larger. If it rained you could get far enough back to be sheltered, depending on which way the wind was blowing. This was better than the high top in the M-Class Retreat bar area where you had a window view of the outside. 

Is that in the lounge?  I didn’t see that.

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Edge Retreat Deck  --

image.png.f4ea5d0ccf5658dd2b65e4912bbc27f5.png

High Top in the Retreat Bar area on Millennium

image.png.822dbe306cb23740432c48614d529087.png

The small high table and high top chairs are now located where the countertop on the right ends.  The plants on the floor are no longer there and the far left 'window' is now a door leading out to the Promenade deck. 

• Like 1

Totally loved outdoor retreat on E class , like inside suite area on all ships but didn’t like them removing the piano and stop live entertainment in retreat , prefer Luminae on M class . Outdoor retreat on M class is joke.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, Jim_Iain said:

By the way Kelly designed the E-Class also and carried on her poor design.    Just ask anyone about the lamps over the tables.   You won't find many guests that haven't hit their heads at least once.     They have lots of Banket Seating -   unfortunately the backrests are too short and the railing hits you in the back.  

My husband can attest to the "hits you in the back" comment - he sat down a bit too fast on a sea day with lots of ship movement, and bruised his back so badly he had a horrible bruise for almost 2 weeks. It looked like someone had smacked his spine with a baseball bat. Luckily it looked a lot worse than it felt. 

I did miss that covered patio when I was on Apex and Beyond(or was it just Beyond), but do have a cruise booked to revisit; however, I will miss the Luminae layout with the huge windows and ample space on one side with great views on Beyond.  The lighter an area is, the more I enjoy it.  As far as furniture is concerned, the rocking chairs in the suites without a larger table, along with the veranda chairs were awful.  Change is the only constant...

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don't think that space exists on Beyond, only Edge and Apex.

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I did miss that covered patio when I was on Apex and Beyond, but do have a cruise booked to revisit; however, I will miss the Luminae layout with the huge windows and ample space on one side with great views on Beyond.  The lighter an area is, the more I enjoy it.  As far as furniture is concerned, the rocking chairs in the suites without a larger table, along with the veranda chairs were awful.  Change is the only constant...

Who cares about the chairs?  I’m trying to stop getting a concussion when I stand up.  🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1