Whiskey Drinkers question

golf4me2010

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Related a while ago that a drunk guy bought those of us sitting at the Haven Bar a shot of the Louis.  I was one of 3 (4 including our generous, but inebriated benefactor.  

Bartender put on white gloves to serve it.

Long and short of it, he paid for the story, not the drink, which to my unsophisticated taste, could have been any number of dark liquors sitting in the well.

Yeah, same here.  If you ever see me pay $200 for a shot of anything, please throw me overboard.  That's beyond drunk.  That's a mind that has gone on permanent vacation.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

So how much was the Louis XIII cognac?

A 1/2 oz was $80.  And if you take the last drink from the bottle you get to keep the bottle!  That can be sent back to the Remy Martin factory and refilled at a substantial discount.  When I had my drink there were about 6 pours left in the bottle.  It was good, but not that good!

Elvis

105 days until my next taste!

On 6/9/2023 at 2:02 PM, DCGuy64 said:

The Old Fashioned is one of my favorite drinks. I'm from Louisville, KY originally, and it was allegedly invented there at the Pendennis Club. Anyway, Maker's Mark works great in that drink. At home I sometimes use Old Forester or Basil Hayden, but MM is my go-to. I've never had a reason to upgrade to Premium + for that. Not a fan of single malts, though, so can't comment.

did they have old forester & basil hayden in the basic booze package?  Thx

53 minutes ago, catspajamasfan said:

No Basil Hayden currently listed on either package. Three types of Old Forester listed on the Premium package.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

24 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

No Basil Hayden currently listed on either package. Three types of Old Forester listed on the Premium package.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

Thank you for your response and for sending this PDF…I hadn’t seen it!

12 hours ago, catspajamasfan said:

No, I only mentioned those because we were discussing whiskeys and those two are among my favorites.

On 6/11/2023 at 10:23 PM, complawyer said:

well chief mate, my offer to buy the 1st round if we're ever on the same cruise still stands, but not for a $200 shot! LOL!!!

Might try that, but only if I have $200 of non-refundable OBC on the last day of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

You are getting great advice about the Woodford Old Fashioned at Maltings. It is addicting. It is different I believe with Maple syrup instead of simple syrup.  Judge it after about the fourth sip. It gets better as you drink it.  They had a unique Manhattan at the Brewery also.

• Like 1

Just now, golf4me2010 said:

Lots of great advice. At this rate I’ll be drinking whiskey all day.

Speaking of all day, what do you whiskey drinkers drink when not holding a whiskey?

cognac, beer, wine.  and a water or two every now and then :)

On 6/21/2023 at 3:38 PM, 2+2 said:

You are getting great advice about the Woodford Old Fashioned at Maltings. It is addicting. It is different I believe with Maple syrup instead of simple syrup.  Judge it after about the fourth sip. It gets better as you drink it.  They had a unique Manhattan at the Brewery also.

*adding to my list*

On 6/10/2023 at 12:16 AM, Elvis1209 said:

I've recently developed a taste for bourbon.  Until then martinis were my drink of choice.  On my next cruise in September, I'll be in the Haven.  In the Haven Lounge they make a "smoked old fashioned".  I intend to give that a try!  I'll still drink my martinis, but I'm going to try new things!

Elvis

Definitely try them, they are the bomb!  Going back on the Haven again , one of the big reason is this!

I'm a huge fan of the Old Forester 1870.  But I definitely want to try the 1910 as it's been having great reviews.  An Old Fashioned with Old Forester is great.  A whiskey sour is also really nice.  The pic in my profile is my own whiskey sour with Old Forester.  I am guessing the cruise doesn't put egg white in them.

Edited by frayedend

On 6/25/2023 at 8:05 PM, golf4me2010 said:

Lots of great advice. At this rate I’ll be drinking whiskey all day.

Speaking of all day, what do you whiskey drinkers drink when not holding a whiskey?

I drink beer to rehydrate.

• Haha 1