Panorama Suite vs Vista Suite - Silver Dawn

needingwifi

We booked a GTY Vista Suite for an upcoming cruise on the silver dawn and logged in today to see we were 'upgraded' to a Panorama Suite on the 9th floor (938).

The big windows are obviously nicer but wondering:

1) The rooms look a lot smaller than Vista Suites on photos, also indicated by that there not being a couch but two chairs, despite being the same size in m^2. Any experience on this?

2) I noticed on the muse few people have complained on noise from the pool and connecting suite, but any recent experience from anyone on the Dawn? Quite light sleepers here so I almost feel this could be a downgrade...

3) Is there a difference in 938-941 and Panorama Suites 946/947? The latter look slightly larger on the deck plan.

Thanks...!

1. The (minimum) floor area of Vista and Panorama suites are virtually the same. It appears that some of the Vista suites are larger and intended for handicapped use.

2. From my experience cabin assignment is less than 12 days out. Ask me tomorrow and I can say whether it's less than 11 days out.

• Haha 1

We are at 22 days and nothing assigned yet for the Spirit.  The Panorama suite is not really an upgrade as you state.  The room looks narrower and longer on the deck plan and you miss out on the couch.  It will be interesting to hear your feedback.  

11 hours ago, needingwifi said:

Our assignment was a whopping 62 days out... 😣

And I actually mean that the minimum Vista and Panorama suites even there Panorama looks smaller (i.e. it cannot even fit a couch...?)

The Panoramas are all attached to larger suites. Often people with $$$ book them together so that there will be 2 bedrooms and baths.

Does that mean an interconnecting door?  Not wishing to be a Debbie Downer, but looking at the deck plan it is not a suite I would not want, as opposed to one lower down on the ship with just suites above and below.

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Does that mean an interconnecting door?  Not wishing to be a Debbie Downer, but looking at the deck plan it is not a suite I would not want, as opposed to one lower down on the ship with just suites above and below.

Yes it does, but all Vista suites are also connected to the neighboring one per the deck plan

Apologies - I had been on a vista suite on another ship, but see that there are just a few, mostly accessible, on deck 4, and they are indeed connected.  All others, apart from the two which can be a second bedroom for a suite, have balconies.  

On 6/11/2023 at 11:07 PM, lincslady said:

Apologies - I had been on a vista suite on another ship, but see that there are just a few, mostly accessible, on deck 4, and they are indeed connected.  All others, apart from the two which can be a second bedroom for a suite, have balconies.  

Thanks! Still so curious why there are so few reviews of these panorama cabins... 

5 minutes ago, needingwifi said:

Thanks! Still so curious why there are so few reviews of these panorama cabins... 

Good morning, I stayed in a Panorama on the Muse in the summer of 2021 to Alaska. I don't remember having any issues.  As to your question about why there are so few reviews? I think many folks just don't write reviews (just my opinion). I mean some do but overall, if you look at this way, most SS roll calls are VERY quiet as well. Just the nature of the beast. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I stayed in a Panorama on the Muse in the summer of 2021 to Alaska. I don't remember having any issues.  As to your question about why there are so few reviews? I think many folks just don't write reviews (just my opinion). I mean some do but overall, if you look at this way, most SS roll calls are VERY quiet as well. Just the nature of the beast. 

Fair 🙂 Maybe its just because on Youtube i've never seen one. How did you find the cabin on the Muse? Thanks in advance!

Hi, it was fine. It has floor to ceiling windows. Yes, it was next to one of the really BIG suites but I don't recall having any noise issues. 

• Like 1

12 days out from Spirit cruise, we have just been assigned from Vista Gty to Sup Veranda Suite.  Midship with cabins above and below.  Perfect location-could not have picked a better suite myself (other than the 4 Silver's still left!). 👍

• Like 5

Hi,

We were in 939 on the Dawn from 31st May until 14th June. We loved the big picture windows and the suite felt quite spacious- probably not dissimilar to the Vista suites we’re used to but with MUCH bigger windows. The connecting door didn’t bother us at all but there was no-one in tbe Silver Suite next door. There WAS a bit of scraping of chairs on the deck above in the early morning but it didn’t overly trouble us. The suite was very convenient for accessing the swimming pool and for grabbing a coffee from Arts cafe in the morning before breakfast. We would definitely have that cabin again and did view it as an upgrade from our Vista guarantee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, Mocamps said:

Hi,

We were in 939 on the Dawn from 31st May until 14th June. We loved the big picture windows and the suite felt quite spacious- probably not dissimilar to the Vista suites we’re used to but with MUCH bigger windows. The connecting door didn’t bother us at all but there was no-one in tbe Silver Suite next door. There WAS a bit of scraping of chairs on the deck above in the early morning but it didn’t overly trouble us. The suite was very convenient for accessing the swimming pool and for grabbing a coffee from Arts cafe in the morning before breakfast. We would definitely have that cabin again and did view it as an upgrade from our Vista guarantee.

Awesome thank you, very helpful...!

• 1 month later...

Just following up after our stay in 938 to help others in the future:

1) floor to ceiling windows were super nice. Very right rooms especially for colder destinations

2) location versus pool and panorama lounge and other venues was great

3) contrary to above, noise from pool deck was terrible. You could hear people walking all day everyday and the deck chairs scraping sometimes before 07:00 am. The first night we woke up at 4:30 am. It’s because Silversea cheaped out on the deck not investing in teak which is why the deck chairs and smokers area above the cabin furniture makes extra noise. 
4) noise from adjoining cabin was okay but present. When they are in room dining before us it was clear to hear the cutlery on plates for example. 
5) room definitely smaller than veranda rooms, noticeable namely on the couch plus amount of storage space under the desk/mirror.

Hope that helps others decide what to book!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, needingwifi said:

Just following up after our stay in 938 to help others in the future:

1) floor to ceiling windows were super nice. Very right rooms especially for colder destinations

2) location versus pool and panorama lounge and other venues was great

3) contrary to above, noise from pool deck was terrible. You could hear people walking all day everyday and the deck chairs scraping sometimes before 07:00 am. The first night we woke up at 4:30 am. It’s because Silversea cheaped out on the deck not investing in teak which is why the deck chairs and smokers area above the cabin furniture makes extra noise. 
4) noise from adjoining cabin was okay but present. When they are in room dining before us it was clear to hear the cutlery on plates for example. 
5) room definitely smaller than veranda rooms, noticeable namely on the couch plus amount of storage space under the desk/mirror.

Hope that helps others decide what to book!

I can see that - we decided for a deluxe veranda on deck 8 simply to avoid any deck noise and never had any issues (above or beside).  Unless no choice, I'll always try to avoid being 1 lever below the pool deck on any vessel.  Otherwise hope you enjoyed the Dawn - we really loved her layout and thought she was a beautiful lady.