Elite/Platinum Lounge ?.....

monakayk

58 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

Just bring your friends. What's the worst thing that can happen...Jail the whole lot of you ???😆...I'm Elite (Entitled) and I bring friends all the time, with no issues. 

None of the crew will say anything.  "No" is not in their vocabulary.  Some passengers will say that they are working for tips, but that is not their reason for not saying anything.  They are all warm, caring, non-confrontational people.  It is unfair of you to put them into this position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you ask ahead of time, the answer may be "no".  If you ask at the door, they may have no choice but to let you in.  Sometimes there is no one at the door.  

There has been a lot of "what ifs" circulating lately.

I foolishly asked once if a few friends could join me at the Captain Circle Party.  I was elite and got free drinks.  They were not and were "relegated" to the theater.  The Captain Circle person (way back then) informed me that I would be able to take my cabin mate, but not others.  I understood.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you ask ahead of time, the answer may be "no".  If you ask at the door, they may have no choice but to let you in.  Sometimes there is no one at the door.  

There has been a lot of "what ifs" circulating lately.

I foolishly asked once if a few friends could join me at the Captain Circle Party.  I was elite and got free drinks.  They were not and were "relegated" to the theater.  The Captain Circle person (way back then) informed me that I would be able to take my cabin mate, but not others.  I understood.  

Just a follow up to my "No" not in their vocabulary comment.  The answer would likely be: "The Lounge is for Platinum, Elite, and Suite guests.  They still haven't said "No".  Nothing negative, but answers the question.  I know that this is just "semantics", but semantics is a favorite subject of mine.  😉😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Senga said:

What type of beverages are offered?  We don't have a drink package since we don't drink alcohol but we purchase mocktails and sodas on a pay as we go basis.

There certainly used to be daily specials for $5 but I didn't notice this on our cruise last month - however, we had the plus package so just ordered what we wanted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I foolishly asked once if a few friends could join me at the Captain Circle Party.  I was elite and got free drinks.  They were not and were "relegated" to the theater. 

That a mistake. You should have just brought them along with you and no one would have questioned them. 

I've brought a first time cruiser to the lounge and whoever my cabin mate is.  Never had an issue.  Then again, since they stopped giving us menus and the invention of the plus package, I rarely go in.  I used to have a couple favorites, but not willing to just pop in and see if I want a nibble.  And it messes with dinner.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justafem said:

I've brought a first time cruiser to the lounge and whoever my cabin mate is.  Never had an issue.  Then again, since they stopped giving us menus and the invention of the plus package, I rarely go in.  I used to have a couple favorites, but not willing to just pop in and see if I want a nibble.  And it messes with dinner.  

I agree.  It was nice when there was a daily menu in your cabin when you arrived.  Skywalkers is out of the way.  The lounge opens at 5 and is too close to dinner.  Only once did they open at 4 as I have written in all of my post surveys.  

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I agree.  It was nice when there was a daily menu in your cabin when you arrived.  Skywalkers is out of the way.  The lounge opens at 5 and is too close to dinner.  Only once did they open at 4 as I have written in all of my post surveys.  

It was nice when they had better food options but lately the items are the same things you can order in the DR, so why bother?

If I stop there for a while the queue for dinner only grows longer plus service slows down. It would be nice if they stayed open later. 

That in combination with most people having the drink package, it hardly pays. 

We'll have to see if Skywalkers maybe has better food selections. 

9 hours ago, justafem said:

They did not stop giving menus. Instead of the separate printed card, it is on one of the sheets of paper waiting for you in your cabin when you embark, very easy to miss.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That a mistake. You should have just brought them along with you and no one would have questioned them. 

As if the elite perks have not already been diminished enough just giving them to any and all makes them even less attractive.  While it obviously doesn't bother some there are a lot of elites who were /are somewhat proud of finally achieving ELITE and don't think it is fair or proper to let non elite people move to the front of the line.  So what's next?  Priority boarding, priority tenders, free laundry, bar setup? Heck lets just make everybody ELITE and forget about the actual requirements to BE ELITE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dockman said:

As if the elite perks have not already been diminished enough just giving them to any and all makes them even less attractive.  While it obviously doesn't bother some there are a lot of elites who were /are somewhat proud of finally achieving ELITE and don't think it is fair or proper to let non elite people move to the front of the line.  So what's next?  Priority boarding, priority tenders, free laundry, bar setup? Heck lets just make everybody ELITE and forget about the actual requirements to BE ELITE.

They can have our 2 spots in the lounge along with priority tendering and laundry. We'll keep the setup, thanks. 

Last month on Sapphire Princess, guests had to show their medallion for admission. I go for the mint martini that seemingly can't be made elsewhere in a comparable manner. Maybe because many passengers were louging in Skywalkers throughout the afternoon, staff actually came around about 4:30 letting everyone know that the venue needed to be vacated for a private event. Is the food great? Not usually, but some things are good, and it's less crowded than other bars we enjoy so that we can have a quiet cocktail before dinner.