Elite/Platinum Lounge ?.....

monakayk

Can I bring family members who are cruising with me (who aren't Elite or Platinum to the Elite/Platinum Lounge in the evening with me since I'm Elite?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by monakayk

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If they're flying coach and you're in first class, can they join you up front for complimentary cocktails?

But you are "missing" the whole idea.  In First Class, you PAID for your ticket and your friends did not.  

For the Elite Lounge (PES) you didn't really use ca$h to get to that status (granted, you spent $$$ money to reach that level).  The food is there.  So why not.  And they are my friends and I just want to let them see the perks for reaching Princess' loyalty level.  AND I am doing Princess a favor.

aka:  Sheldon Cooper

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But you are "missing" the whole idea.  In First Class, you PAID for your ticket and your friends did not.  

For the Elite Lounge (PES) you didn't really use ca$h to get to that status (granted, you spent $$$ money to reach that level).  The food is there.  So why not.  And they are my friends and I just want to let them see the perks for reaching Princess' loyalty level.  AND I am doing Princess a favor.

aka:  Sheldon Cooper

Never mind, I just reread your post.  Need to turn up the sarcasm a bit next time😁

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 1

Having been in there multiple times just to see if it was worth it... don't bother.   
Go to any lounge, open the Medallion App, and order drinks and snacks.  Better outcome and less judgement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, monakayk said:

Can I bring family members who are cruising with me (who aren't Elite or Platinum to the Elite/Platinum Lounge in the evening with me since I'm Elite?  Thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

You can, but you may not.

I do have to qualify my post:

You may bring non platinum/elite/suite guests if they are your cabin mates. 

• Thanks 1

We just got off the Enchanted and was asked by the Future Cruise/Loyalty Mgr why he hadn’t seen us in the lounge after the first week. When I explained that we’d been joined by friends who are not Platinum or Elite, he invited me to bring them. I would never have asked though.

It’s nothing special on the Enchanted so I’m not sure why you would want to bring a guest there. Cheese, carrot sticks and egg rolls in the boring Vista Lounge where there might be 10 people. Grabbing snacks from the buffet would be nicer. 

Visiting the lounge In Skywalkers on the Caribbean Princess where they served better appetizers like sushi every night when we were there in April would be a nice invitation however and I can imagine wanting to bring a guest. It was always pretty full though. I’m not sure they would even have space to allow everyone to just bring guests 

It’s interesting how different the experience is from ship to ship. A venue with entertainment, special appetizers and a nice view is a nice perk. I can understand keeping it invitation only.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Visiting the lounge In Skywalkers on the Caribbean Princess where they served better appetizers like sushi every night when we were there in April would be a nice invitation however and I can imagine wanting to bring a guest. It was always pretty full though. I’m not sure they would even have space to allow everyone to just bring guests 

It’s interesting how different the experience is from ship to ship. A venue with entertainment, special appetizers and a nice view is a nice perk. I can understand keeping it invitation only.

Agree 100% - loved using the lounge on Caribbean Princess last month when compared to Sky Princess last summer, in terms of location, ambiance and appetizers. It was pretty full every night too.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Torfamm said:

[The elite/platinum lounge was] nothing special on the Enchanted so I’m not sure why you would want to bring a guest there. Cheese, carrot sticks and egg rolls in the boring Vista Lounge where there might be 10 people. Grabbing snacks from the buffet would be nicer. 

This is my feeling.  No reason to go to this “special” lounge for me.!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

This is my feeling.  No reason to go to this “special” lounge for me.!

This is the only place you can get soft pretzel rolls.  They are not found anywhere else on the ship!

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This is the only place you can get soft pretzel rolls.  They are not found anywhere else on the ship!

I’ve never tried them. I just keep watching for the beer cheese to go with them!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I’ve not seen soft pretzel rolls in any of my infrequent walks through the lounge.  But you need cheese and mustard to accompany them.

26 minutes ago, Senga said:

What type of beverages are offered?  We don't have a drink package since we don't drink alcohol but we purchase mocktails and sodas on a pay as we go basis.

They have a full open (pay) bar service in the lounge. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They have a full open (pay) bar service in the lounge. 

I’ve heard here that there are supposed to be drink specials but I’ve never received any information from Princess about it on the letter left in the cabin or in the lounges.  Since I’ve always had a package, I’ve never asked

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

If they're flying coach and you're in first class, can they join you up front for complimentary cocktails?

And next will be can i bring friends along for priority check in priority tender service etc etc....the problem is as with so many things give and inch and take a mile....and it puts the princess staff in the position of having to try and sort it out as to how many "friends" etc....elite perks should be for elite customers or at least spell out the rules as to whether you may bring cabin mates or exactly who how many friends are we talking about?

• Like 1