LIVE / Sky Princess / June 17th / Land of the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice 14 Day Cruise

Jeter02

30 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I arrived to London 6am this morning. I will say the addition of the new customs E-Gate system was a dream. Absolutely loved that there are no more long lines to be checked by customs. With the E-Gate system its a nice straight walk through. No more passport stamps though, for those who enjoy getting their booked stamped.

Weather was nice this morning, and later in the afternoon felt like I was almost back home in Florida, as it definitely warmed up this bright sunshiny day. A little warmer than I'd like, as I like escaping the Florida heat. I'm hoping for colder temps while we sail to Norway. 

Definitely happy I flew in a day early, as the flight was a bit turbulent, and I was not able to get any sleep. I did manage a quick sleep once I arrived to my cousins house. Much needed as I felt like a brand new person and fresh as a daisy. 

Looking forward to joining the ship tomorrow! Safe travels to those who may be flying out today, and arriving tomorrow. 

What is this E Gate you speak of?

We arrived around 11 am, at Hilton Garden Inn watching the flights take off. Really wished we’d have gone to Southampton today but didn’t know how DS would be after the 10 hour flight.

For anyone wondering about Virgin Premium Economy we were impressed, not much of a difference between AA first class.

• Like 2

Also for anyone taking a cab or Uber from Heathrow, they have a great system. I took an Uber, first time in years where I didn't have to take public transportation such as a train of some form to get my destination for the day.. Years ago Uber was not the easiest to get from The airport as they weren't as welcomed when they first started off in London with the fear of taking over the black cab service.

For those who do plan on taking an Uber you do go to the short-term parking garage and take the elevator up to Level 3 and as soon as you come off we're row A is and the parking lot area is the waiting area where we will come pick you up once you order your ride.

20230616_063112.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Does anyone know if masks are needed for this cruise ?

None required for the 3 June cruise and our turnaround instructions made no mention of masking for the 17June cruise. There are those who are wearing masks on the 3 June cruise

Have a great trip, we follow you on August the 14th i believe same itinerary,any info on ports, etc would be great especially Olden , as its a tender port,we are looking at using the Loen skylift to the top of the mountain and hiking we believe the ship will tender straight in fr\ont of Loen so any info you can pass on would be marvelous ....have a great time

21 minutes ago, raybigblue said:

Have a great trip, we follow you on August the 14th i believe same itinerary,any info on ports, etc would be great especially Olden , as its a tender port,we are looking at using the Loen skylift to the top of the mountain and hiking we believe the ship will tender straight in fr\ont of Loen so any info you can pass on would be marvelous ....have a great time

We just finished the 3 june cruise on the Sky. We had to tender at Olden as P&O Iona got the dock space.  The tour company assured all who were booked with them for the Loen Skylift that the Sky would anchor right in front of Loen — an easy walk to Skylift. 

Didn’t happen as our Captain anchored at Olden  near the Iona. The tour company had a table set up where we got off the tender to take tickets and direct you to the bus to Loen Skylift or the Glacier.  The Little Train was also there for its tour. 

Hope you do get to anchor in Loen. We are to dock  in Olden on this cruise. 

1 hour ago, raybigblue said:

If you are on the 19th August Cruise to Norway we’ll be on board with you 😃

I think there are 2 port differences. We’re going to Skjolden & Flam, they’re going to Molde & alesund. The rest is the same

I hope we do tender to Loen because we plan to go up the skylift too. it would be so much easier. I think 4 ships are in, the day we’re due in Olden!

Can’t wait to following along this live blog & prepare for our cruise. Exciting! 

• Like 1

Had a very nice easy ride on the train to Southampton. Was a very first one to board today. Enjoying some yummy snacks, and just simply happy to be back on board. Once the cabins are fully ready as I already dropped off my things I will take pictures of today's patter for those who are interested.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Last year my parents did a TA and then were supposed to stay on for this (or a similar) itinerary.  They caught Covid and had to disembark in England. So they're trying again and are on the ship with you. I'll be eagerly scanning your pics to see if I spot them, kinda like "Where's Waldo" 🤣

56 minutes ago, Priszm said:

Last year my parents did a TA and then were supposed to stay on for this (or a similar) itinerary.  They caught Covid and had to disembark in England. So they're trying again and are on the ship with you. I'll be eagerly scanning your pics to see if I spot them, kinda like "Where's Waldo" 🤣

How exciting!!! It definitely is an amazing itinerary so I'm glad that they were able to rebook and enjoy this.

The ship is beautiful as always, very lively with great live music as soon as you bored. I had lunch in the main dining room, which opened up around 12:00. Got my typical embarkation lunch entree of filet mignon, and topped it off with some espresso gelato for dessert.

We do have a full sailing this cruise which is always nice to see, even though I've been spoiled greatly with all my cruises I did right when cruising restarted and they were doing a small percentage of passengers on board. However watching the smiles on everyone's faces and enjoying themselves with their Oooo's and Awes are always priceless.

Tonight we are going to move the clocks forward one hour, so we can be on the time zone along with Norway. Please enjoy day one's Princess Patter, And I also included the buffet dinner theme nights held on the Lido as well.  For those who are Elite and Suite Guests who enjoy doing the Elite Lounge nightly, that is held between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. in the Vista Lounge.

20230617_115614.jpg

20230617_115628.jpg

20230617_122204.jpg

20230617_125722.jpg

20230617_132900.jpg

20230617_133020.jpg

20230617_133012.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I think there are 2 port differences. We’re going to Skjolden & Flam, they’re going to Molde & alesund. The rest is the same

I hope we do tender to Loen because we plan to go up the skylift too. it would be so much easier. I think 4 ships are in, the day we’re due in Olden!

Can’t wait to following along this live blog & prepare for our cruise. Exciting! 

Hi Guys 

yes you are quite correct it is the 19th we depart , bad news about 4 ships being in Olden that day that could possibly mean the Skylift is not an option as that could be massive ques will wait and see , but really wanted to do that as an option , look forward to seeing you on board.

On 6/11/2023 at 4:33 AM, Phoenix54 said:

Hi

Have also booked this for next year.I was booked for this year however due to high airfares from Australia to England decided  to move to next year. This cruise will be followed by a 7 night cruise to Norway. I will be able to cross of more destinations on my bucket list.

Did you receive notification that excursions were now able to be booked. Have looked but still available. Don't want to miss the tour in Greenland that goes to the icebergs it sold out very quickly on this years cruise.

Cheryle

4 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

7 minutes ago, raybigblue said:

Hi Guys 

yes you are quite correct it is the 19th we depart , bad news about 4 ships being in Olden that day that could possibly mean the Skylift is not an option as that could be massive ques will wait and see , but really wanted to do that as an option , look forward to seeing you on board.

Just a quick update ,i have checked Cruise dig website and it appears Sky is the only ship in Olden on the 23rd of August, Iona is in on the 22nd and MSC Euribia is in on the 24th so we could be lucky

4 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Always love menu and food pics!! 🙂

I'm there for you on that! 😉

1 hour ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

to the OP, your lunch looks amazing!  Great way to start out your cruise.  

The filet was cooked to perfection! I personally love it when they do carved slices like the way they did it today. 

• Like 4

Yesterday overall was a fantastic day onboard, along with ideal perfect weather. Dinner was delectable in the MDR. I started with one of my favorites the French onion soup. I personally love the way they make it, as it more sweet in taste. For my entree I just wanted to keep things simple. When Princess sails out of the states, salmon is always on the anytime favorites as an option, but while sailing out of the UK, they switched it out as an option for Fish and Chips, which I'm no particular a fan as I don't fancy cod or halibut. Luckily for me, salmon is always available on the kids menu. The filet portion is the same as an adults, so it worked out beautiful. The salmon was spectacular as  it was seasoned with great flavor with a squeeze of lemon. I finished off dinner with what I like a sweet mess, the blueberry cobbler. Service was fantastic as always as I have one of my favorite waiters so I've known for several years already.

For me, I always love all the love music found around the ship. There was an amazing guitarist / singer who was playing the Piazza who was spectacular with his gentle and smooth voice, to point I could listen to him all day, Cristhian Cardenas. I did try to catch a little bit of the comedian Josh Daniels, as he was a bit cheeky and fun. Showtimes in the theater are at 8 & 10pm.each evening. There are a lot comedians on this particular sailing.

20230617_172711.png

20230617_172714.jpg

20230617_173751.jpg

20230617_181716.jpg

20230617_185515.jpg

• Like 10