Latitudes cocktail party..

23 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

You know NCL is easy going so shorts and t-shirt is fine.  Relax,  enjoy! Have a great cruise. 

Shorts with a collared shirt. T-Shirt probably inappropriate. 

2 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

Shorts with a collared shirt. T-Shirt probably inappropriate. 

Not inappropriate at all...we weren't the only ones in our shorts, t-shirt, and flippie floppies at any of the receptions. You're on vacation, paying several thousand dollars to relax. Dress how you want. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Not inappropriate at all...we weren't the only ones in our shorts, t-shirt, and flippie floppies at any of the receptions. You're on vacation, paying several thousand dollars to relax. Dress how you want. 

If you feel comfortable in a T-Shirt with the Captain no problem. In our 110+ cruises, I don't believe we have ever worn a T-Shirts, but we want to feel comfortable! Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

I enjoy the Lattitudes Cocktail parties.   The best part is talking to other latitudes members about their cruises.  I have been inspired to take some cruises just by hearing about their adventures.  I always ask the same few questions:  What was your longest cruise ( with port stops if they can remember)?  What was your favorite port of all your cruises ( hard to answer that, because after a while, port stops become a blur)?  What is your next cruise?  I usually give myself about 30 min at those mixers. 

• Like 1

Just went to one in March. Most folks dressed in shorts. They just left whatever area they were in to come. At 1pm most were in poolside mode. It’s not a “cocktail party” atmosphere. Never met the captain. Mostly chef, customer service folks , dining room managers etc. As others have said mostly sales pitches for continuing to cruise with them. Still enjoyed talking to other latitude members about their cruises.

14 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

We don't read the Freestyle Daily, we use the app for everything so now I know.  On other lines we get a physical invitation in our cabin so I assumed.......won't do that again.  😂

A digital copy of the freestyle daily is on the app. That is the only full schedule on the app. 

On 6/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, pendragon1980 said:

This is my first time being eligible for the cocktail party at silver? What exactly is the dress code? do I need an actual cocktail dress or would a business casual pant and shirt be appropriate?

Shorts and t-shirts are fine. We have never worn anything more. 

We enjoy the drinks and music,,, ignoring the sales pitch. (We try the more unusual drinks that we would not order at a bar)

The last on Prima for us was in Haven.  Actually very crowded and I was surprised how more dressed up that group was than previous times.  We didn't go but I happened to run up there for a drink.  Went to bar by pool and asked a question of the Asst Cust Svc Mgr.  She barked at me.  Maybe she thought I was a Latitudes interloper?  Escape generally gets good marks as it was in the beer place.

Really no interest in going and DW gave up long time ago.

I would say it is best with a combination of using your roll call before going so you can meet people at the party.  Met some really nice people over the years.

• Like 1

As with so much of NCL, it depends on the ship and who's in charge and what entertainment is available. On the Bliss in April/May '23 in the Observation Lounge there was a piano player both weeks. On the Prima in February '23 there was a piano player the first week in the Observation Lounge as well as dancing, the 2nd week the Observation Lounge wasn't available so it was held in Syd Normans - really crowded and no music. On multiple cruises on Escape in 2022/2023 it was held in the Supper Club, with a variety of music and sometimes dancing depending on who the entertainers were that week. 

14 hours ago, uneamie said:

Well the  one we went to on the Prima last month was "nothing special". It was in the observation lounge and believe me it is far from a "cocktail party". It is simply meeting the caption and his crew, have a few drinks and some cheese and crackers. If you have the beverage package then it's even less of a big deal. However, we did enjoy relaxing by the windows and having a glass of cheap champagne. :classic_biggrin:

Well that's disappointing. It used to be more than that. Guess I'll skip it... it really doesn't sound appealing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Middleager said:

Would be good for ladies to wear nice looking dresses. 

I don't know about an actual dress, but when my husband wanted to dance, I was glad that I had on a nice outfit. That said, you can wear whatever you want. 

Last one we went to was last fall. Very minimal cruise next sales pitch. Nice live music and plenty of servers with trays of drinks. Only thing is that whenever I go to one of these parties, it seems like the servers pass us by since we are not in their section. Better to grab a drink at the bar sometimes. I must sit in the wrong spot! Not a big deal now that we get the drink package. 

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

i have been to a fair number of these pre and post covid and have never seen (or heard) a band or trio or whatever... never any live music at the latitudes "parties" i've attended.

On the Breakaway in late March this year, the Latitudes cocktail party had no sale pitch.  It was held in the Manhattan room, and they had the band playing.  In-between a couple songs they introduced all the officers, and thanked the guests, and then the band went back to playing. 

I haven't seen a lot of consistency, even when sailing on the same ship they have been different.

• Like 2

just to clarify... i have never been subjected to a formal sales pitch with a microphone and a powerpoint at these things. it's more like a cruise next rep cozying up to me and engaging me in a long and spirited (and boring) conversation about the "advantages" of buying cruise next.

(for a variety of reasons, cruise next doesn't work for me.)

1 hour ago, KDebreuil said:

On the Breakaway in late March this year, the Latitudes cocktail party had no sale pitch.  It was held in the Manhattan room, and they had the band playing.  In-between a couple songs they introduced all the officers, and thanked the guests, and then the band went back to playing. 

I haven't seen a lot of consistency, even when sailing on the same ship they have been different.

Your lucky....we didn't have any music. Maybe we got there too late...hmm! 

On 6/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, UKstages said:

i have been to a fair number of these pre and post covid and have never seen (or heard) a band or trio or whatever... never any live music at the latitudes "parties" i've attended.

I'd guess that about a third to a half of the Latitudes parties we have attended over the years have featured the house band. 

Our next cruise will upgrade us to silver, so I guess we'll have to wait for the cruise after that to attend this gathering. Can't really say that I'm terribly interested in it. But like the movie line said, "...just in case somebody asks me someday, "Have you ever had peacock?", I can say, "Yes, I have.""

On the Pearl last month was not well attended,  Cruise next person sales pitch was 45 minutes. Band played maybe 2 songs. Cheese on toothpicks all they passed Juice, mimosas and run punch.  Took awhile to get glass of wine.  Worst we have ever been to, So  boring

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 8:54 PM, BebeZed said:

I just go for the free drinks and nibbles but... I already have the beverage package so one has to wonder...       Used to be they had a band and it was less a sales pitch and more a social event. Not sure I'll go on my upcoming cruise but maybeeee...

Well, if you go and it's at a decent time (not during our pub crawl, LOL) then Hubby, the in-laws and I will probably be there.  On our cruise in February they had a special drink that you couldn't get anywhere else the rest of the week that was really good!  I think we each had 3 of them....

On 6/25/2023 at 8:13 AM, pendragon1980 said:

Thanks so much for all the information I'm rather new to cruising compared to some. This will be my third Cruise . I would love to meet some more experienced cruisers to get some tips and suggestions

Go to the event. Something to do on your first sea day. 

We have had live music on all of our parties post-pandemic. On the Prima, we even had the Captain sing for us. Depending on the Cruise Next manager, some have more "sales", we just enjoy a drink.