Parking in Southampton

GaryEssex

Hi Everyone. As QM2 is currently docked in Southampton I think it is only fitting to ask how do I know what parking to go with in the docks? As she seems to dock in many differing locations. How would I find out which berth she would be on for our late  2024 round trip? I know I we have a fair way to go before we sail but I'm Mr Impatient and so eager to get things organized......

Sorry to be a pain with the daft questions.

We have always used CPS. You leave your car with them at the terminal you depart from & your car is waiting at the terminal when you get back. Sometimes the arrival terminal will be different, in which case, CPS will bring your car there instead. It’s very convenient but I understand that they may be more expensive than other options. If you are travelling the day before, many hotels will offer a stay & park option, so you can then just get a taxi to & from the terminal. 

I’m sure you will get lots of good suggestions from other forum members for you to consider but CPS has always worked for us. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GaryEssex said:

Hi Everyone. As QM2 is currently docked in Southampton I think it is only fitting to ask how do I know what parking to go with in the docks? As she seems to dock in many differing locations. How would I find out which berth she would be on for our late  2024 round trip? I know I we have a fair way to go before we sail but I'm Mr Impatient and so eager to get things organized......

Ageas Hilton have night stay, duration park, breakfast and dedicated private taxi to/from port.

https://www.ageasbowl.com/hotel/accommodation/cruise-from-southampton/

One retains the car keys.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Keys

CPS gets my vote. Not always the cheapest option but never had a problem. They do get booked up so advise early booking. Gone are the days when you could just turn up and purchase parking on the day. Other outfits will be booked up too so don’t wait and I have never seen prices go down either!! 

• Like 1

Your check-in details will tell you what Terminal she is at. The Port of Southampton website also has this info, and, as you drive into Southampton, there are boards telling you which ship is where. These are worth looking at, as sometimes there are last minute changes. Finally, if you are lucky, a red funnel comes into view. Another vote for CPS from me. When you get back, they will have your car waiting for you at the terminal.

47 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Your check-in details will tell you what Terminal she is at. The Port of Southampton website also has this info, and, as you drive into Southampton, there are boards telling you which ship is where. These are worth looking at, as sometimes there are last minute changes. Finally, if you are lucky, a red funnel comes into view. Another vote for CPS from me. When you get back, they will have your car waiting for you at the terminal.

and if the disembarkation terminal is different to embarkation, your car will be moved for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GaryEssex said:

CPS not the cheapest but we’ve never had any issues with them.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, Victoria2 said:

and if the disembarkation terminal is different to embarkation, your car will be moved for you.

Exactly the same as Parking4Cruises who you meet in short stay car park and more often than not are far cheaper than CPS.