NCLH Press Release on “Simply More”

Classiccruiser777

We'll all get to compare prices and I'm sure they will rise dramatically with this. The "cruise-only" types, like us, won't be sticking around after our already booked cruises happen. Doubt I'll be doing O in 2025. BUT, we'll see what happens with future sales, bookings, demand, etc. Who knows, maybe it won't stick? And a real "cruise-only" option will be available.

• Like 4

Still not a lot of details in the release. I’m now wondering if all the details will even come out on 7/1?? 

The new cruise release isn’t until September or October. We should know the actual details by then. 

I’ll wait until 7/1 so to maybe have a solid opinion on the deal.

6 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

image.png.64717e73b4f2c908e2f922b5e68dc463.png

This is not clear. Does it mean that existing bookings with sailings after October 1, 2023 will be forced to switch to Simply More?

Best bet is to just have a few cocktails and wait until 7/1 to find out. No one here actually knows all the details. Only 4 more days 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

This is not clear. Does it mean that existing bookings with sailings after October 1, 2023 will be forced to switch to Simply More?

Well I guess if you have a cruise for after Oct 1st   & they ask for more $$   then  you will know  😉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well I guess if you have a cruise for after Oct 1st   & they ask for more $$   then  you will know  😉

You mean if they ask for simply more, then I will simply know 😁

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Obviously we are all guessing at this point.  But it does seem clear that the SimplyMore will apply to only those reservations made beginning on 7/1/23 for 10/1/23 and later sailings. My take is any reservations with sail dates prior to 10/1/23 will be under old program with no option to change as I would assume they don’t have the time and resources to change sailings that close out. By their wording of reservations made 7/1/23 and later under new program that makes me believe that particular wording then allows those with current bookings and sail dates after 10/1 to have the option to change if desired since they will have more time to address those bookings. Again, just my take at this point. 🤞🏻

Edited by EJL2023
Correct grammar
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Obviously we are all guessing at this point.  But it does seem clear that the SimplyMore will apply to only those reservations made beginning on 7/1/23 for 10/1/23 and later sailings. My take is any reservations with sail dates prior to 10/1/23 will be under old program with no option to change as I would assume they don’t have the time and resources to change sailings that close out. By their wording of reservations made 7/1/23 and later under new program that makes me believe that particular wording then allows those with current bookings and sail dates after 10/1 to have the option to change if desired since they will have more time to address those bookings. Again, just my take at this point. 🤞🏻

I believe this is essentially true.

After 7/1, we will ( might) know more specifics. My TA says that not only do her fellow OCCC members not know many of the specifics, neither do their Oceania Agent reps. 

Meanwhile speculation is rampant.

I just cancelled a deep south O cruise in February. My well connected TA, O aware, and was on the Vista initial sailing.... the TA apologized for the delay as they are swamped with clients cancelling O. 

So, that is my comment on O. 

I will do my August cruise and nothing further unless I see a Consumer Focused O product offering in the future.

Meanwhile I have just used the $ to book a Globus land tour.

8 minutes ago, QuestionEverything said:

I just cancelled a deep south O cruise in February. My well connected TA, O aware, and was on the Vista initial sailing.... the TA apologized for the delay as they are swamped with clients cancelling O. 

So  you could not keep the  cruise/perks as booked?

Or just  cancelled  because you do not want to sail on Oceania now??

🤔

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So  you could not keep the  cruise/perks as booked?

Or just  cancelled  because you do not want to sail on Oceania now??

🤔

Hi LHT28.

We cancelled as not interested in all the cruise drama and the cruise downgrading. Not interested in cruises based on discussions with other numerous other friends who have recently cruised and discussion with my fellow golf marshals who recently returned from O, Celebrity and Regent, no one is happy.

Simply More likely would not affect our Feb booking. We were up against the $ free cancellation time frame so we pulled the trigger.

My agent is Very connected with O - they are swamped with cancellations. The Simply More appears to be turning consumers off.

Hoping all your cruising goes well indeed!

• Thanks 1

We don't sail on a specific line based on loyalty, and we don't cancel based on "principles". We will do what's best for us, and O will do what's best for them (as every line does). If the price increase will make the O pricing comparable with SB/SS, we will likely sail less with O (regrettably). Otherwise, it's case by case basis.

Last year I remember a lot of discussions on SS board after SS added "free" excursions. Some adapted, some left. No big deal.

We are currently booked on SS, SB and O. Itinerary is the king, then pricing. No loyalty and no "principles" for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One of my favorite things to do onboard is to finish trivia in the Lounge and meet Mr Wonderful in Horizons for Happy Hour. 

We often see the glories of sail away, discuss our day, and I quiz him on the day's trivia.

He has a soda and I have a glass of wine. That's it.

Sometimes staff people join us in Horizons and we pick up their tab.

So... I'm guessing we will still run a bar tab for me and guests when Simply More begins?  

Unfortunately I see no benefit to this new plan for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

So, that is my comment on O. 

I will do my August cruise and nothing further unless I see a Consumer Focused O product offering in the future.

Meanwhile I have just used the $ to book a Globus land tour.

This is pure speculation, and honestly, I don't believe it.

First, vast majority of people are not even aware of the upcoming changes. CC and social media groups are a very small percentage of the total guests.

Second, why would anyone cancel an existing booking that is not impacted by the changes? To show O their protest? I highly doubt it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Second, why would anyone cancel an existing booking that is not impacted by the changes? To show O their protest? I highly doubt it.

The change to the cancellation policy affects everyone and many have circumstances that make that 6 month window risky.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

This is pure speculation, and honestly, I don't believe it.

First, vast majority of people are not even aware of the upcoming changes. CC and social media groups are a very small percentage of the total guests.

I checked with our TA, who also books a large volume of O cruises and was on the Christening sailing,  and they have not had 1 person cancel their O cruise due to Simply More....in fact, they have seen an uptick in O bookings as people are booking before the 01JUL deadline

Edited by basor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, basor said:

I checked with our TA, who also books a large volume of O cruises and was on the Christening sailing,  and they have not had 1 person cancel their O cruise due to Simply More....in fact, they have seen an uptick in O bookings as people are booking before the 01JUL deadline

This actually would make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

The change to the cancellation policy affects everyone and many have circumstances that make that 6 month window risky.

This is what cancellation insurance is for..

3 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

If we want to incur that costly expense. We don't.

Well, if you don't do cancellation insurance anyway, I really don't see the big difference between penalty starting 6 months or 4 months prior to sailing..

Not to mention that most credit cards have it included.

But obviously it's a personal choice.

• Like 1