3rd & 4th passenger all included package

Tennant

We are trying to book a cruise for winter 2024 with 4 passengers in a cabin (2 adults and 2 small children).  Has anyone been successful in getting the all included package applied ONLY to passengers 1 & 2 like every other cruise line including Princess and Holland America? We would like the package for ourselves but are not going to pay for it for our small children that do not drink anything besides water and milk and/or use the internet. 

We have this issue upcoming in November on Beyond.  We have the AI for all guests in the booking (I have six bookings, some with four to a room including children).  The AI also includes the gratuities for the children.  We didn't need or want the zero proof drinks or internet either but it wasn't an option if we wanted AI for the adults. 

Yes, you can definitely do that but you will be paying a lot more than the all included rate. It also bothers me that hey are charging the same price in the all included rate for children with the zero proof package.  

I was hoping someone had success with escalating the matter to a manager.  I understand why they would not remove it for adult 3rd and 4th passengers but not for small children.

In my case at least as mentioned above, the rates for the 3rd and 4th passengers (children in all cases) were significantly less than passengers 1 and 2.  For example, the cabins with two adults in them are about $3800 total, the cabins with two adults and 1 child are $5100. 

15 minutes ago, Tennant said:

Yes, you can definitely do that but you will be paying a lot more than the all included rate. It also bothers me that hey are charging the same price in the all included rate for children with the zero proof package.  

I was hoping someone had success with escalating the matter to a manager.  I understand why they would not remove it for adult 3rd and 4th passengers but not for small children.

Unfortunately, I was told no by everyone I spoke to.

I ended up booking a balcony room with the AI for myself and hubby and kids across the hall in an inside with the cruise only rate (age 7 and 3). This still worked out cheaper than 4 in a cabin with AI. I also priced out booking 4 in a cabin (cruise only rate) and then adding drink pkg etc and that came up the highest.

At least with two cabins we will have two bathrooms which is a plus 👍🏼

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

Unfortunately, I was told no by everyone I spoke to.

I ended up booking a balcony room with the AI for myself and hubby and kids across the hall in an inside with the cruise only rate (age 7 and 3). This still worked out cheaper than 4 in a cabin with AI. I also priced out booking 4 in a cabin (cruise only rate) and then adding drink pkg etc and that came up the highest.

At least with two cabins we will have two bathrooms which is a plus 👍🏼

If you don't mind my asking - what was your sleeping arrangement? Our kids are the same age. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Tennant said:

If you don't mind my asking - what was your sleeping arrangement? Our kids are the same age. Thanks!

We haven’t sailed yet but I booked hubby and I in a 4 person balcony room so everyone will sleep in the balcony room and the inside room will be our closet and bathroom 😂

Unlike Royal, Celebrity doesn’t charge more for the 3/4 passenger cabins so there is no price difference if there is only 2 passengers booked 👍🏼 I believe they allow this as long as there is availability 

10 minutes ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

We haven’t sailed yet but I booked hubby and I in a 4 person balcony room so everyone will sleep in the balcony room and the inside room will be our closet and bathroom 😂

Unlike Royal, Celebrity doesn’t charge more for the 3/4 passenger cabins so there is no price difference if there is only 2 passengers booked 👍🏼 I believe they allow this as long as there is availability 

Thanks! I am going to look into this strategy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tennant said:

We did that on a cruise where the kids were 14 and 7. The cruise line wouldn't let me put both kids in the same room without an adult, so the paperwork said I was with one kid in the balcony room and the other kid was with hubby in the inside. Of course that was before drink packages and such were tied to your room. The kids were fine by themselves but if course they were older 

4 hours ago, Tennant said:

This is insane.  On the cruise we are looking at the cabin price doubles from $3500 to $6900 for the package for 4 people.  

Wow, I hope that's a systems glitch of some sort b/c I agree with you that that's just wrong.  I don't know if it's different in the Retreat, but we took our 2 teenagers on 2 cruises last year and the incremental price change was a fraction of DW/me; something like 25% more per kid.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:04 PM, Dreamcruise27 said:

Keep in mind that if they need that cabin for 4 persons, they will move you.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 11:39 AM, Tennant said:

Yes, you can definitely do that but you will be paying a lot more than the all included rate.

really? grats, a drink package and wifi package for 2 adults will be $3,400 for a week? I calculated $1,505.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 6/27/2023 at 3:41 PM, Whinenowine said:

Wow, I hope that's a systems glitch of some sort b/c I agree with you that that's just wrong.  I don't know if it's different in the Retreat, but we took our 2 teenagers on 2 cruises last year and the incremental price change was a fraction of DW/me; something like 25% more per kid.

hmmm, price difference on the cruise we are on is pretty significant: $2,623 without AI and $4,572 with AI for 3 people (one of whom is a minor). So, $1,949, which is more than buying 2 adult drink packages, 2 wifi plans and grats for 3 people for 7 days. 

On 6/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, Tennant said:

We are trying to book a cruise for winter 2024 with 4 passengers in a cabin (2 adults and 2 small children).  Has anyone been successful in getting the all included package applied ONLY to passengers 1 & 2 like every other cruise line including Princess and Holland America? We would like the package for ourselves but are not going to pay for it for our small children that do not drink anything besides water and milk and/or use the internet. 

I would have to agree with folks suggesting booking 2 rooms.  1 for the adults (AI) and 1 for the kids (sail only).  Connecting balcony rooms would be the most ideal since there's a non-public connection between the rooms  and you can remove the balcony partition to make 1 big balcony (for certain ships/rooms).  You cannot do this booking online since the site won't let you book a room without an adult in it, so you'll have to either call in or get a TA to help you out.

I'd also compare prices of doing 1 room with all 4 of you at a sail only rate plus the cost of the beverage package, internet, and gratuities versus the price of the two rooms.  The price difference will change from sailing to sailing.

One thing to note is that you only get 2 internet packages per room booked with the AI rate, not 1 per guest.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I would have to agree with folks suggesting booking 2 rooms.  1 for the adults (AI) and 1 for the kids (sail only).  Connecting balcony rooms would be the most ideal since there's a non-public connection between the rooms  and you can remove the balcony partition to make 1 big balcony (for certain ships/rooms).  You cannot do this booking online since the site won't let you book a room without an adult in it, so you'll have to either call in or get a TA to help you out.

I'd also compare prices of doing 1 room with all 4 of you at a sail only rate plus the cost of the beverage package, internet, and gratuities versus the price of the two rooms.  The price difference will change from sailing to sailing.

One thing to note is that you only get 2 internet packages per room booked with the AI rate, not 1 per guest.

Is that so? We have 3 adults with AI and I’d  be disappointed to think one wouldn’t get wifi. Drinks and grats are for 3. I never noticed that during booking process. 

16 hours ago, killarneylady said:

Is that so? We have 3 adults with AI and I’d  be disappointed to think one wouldn’t get wifi. Drinks and grats are for 3. I never noticed that during booking process. 

My apologies, it does appear all guests get a wifi package; not just the first two. Maybe this rule changed or I'm thinking of a different cruise line?