Cupcake Decorating?

I see Anthem of the Seas has a Cupcake Decorating class? Has anyone participated in this?  Was it worth the money?  Did you have fun? 

Do you have any comments?

I am especially interested in knowing how many cupcakes you get and can you take them home with you?

Check you local grocery store.  They often do free decorating classes or can arrange one as a birthday party.  Really just grab a decorating kit at a hobby store & watch a few YouTube videos.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USERBOYD66 said:

I see Anthem of the Seas has a Cupcake Decorating class? Has anyone participated in this?  Was it worth the money?  Did you have fun? 

Do you have any comments?

I am especially interested in knowing how many cupcakes you get and can you take them home with you?

Did it with dd years ago and it was fun. Ill try to find pictures. We made "hamburgers" out of cupcakes.  I dont know about taking them home since they were gone within a day. We also got a boxed hit with a cookbook in it to take. 

• Like 1

Lots of replies, thank you.  I was interested, as an adult, because they offer similar classes out in the community, so I was wondering if this would comparable.  And, save the money in gas, and take it on the ship.

Got some thinking to do, as well as 125 days.

56 minutes ago, USERBOYD66 said:

Lots of replies, thank you.  I was interested, as an adult, because they offer similar classes out in the community, so I was wondering if this would comparable.  And, save the money in gas, and take it on the ship.

Got some thinking to do, as well as 125 days.

I would think classes in your community would be a much better option.  I took a 4 week class at our local Michael’s from Wilton (national decorating equipment company) that cost little more than this 1 hour class & was very extensive.  I actually made my son’s wedding cake with the training I received.  In a one hour class, you’ll learn to fill & hold a pastry bag & how to use a couple of basic tips.  Kid’s birthday party stuff.

• Like 2

It's  great way to spend some time on the ship with your little one(s).  There are lots of things that you can do at home/on land, and cheaper, but that's not the point.  🙂 

I was wrong.  They made 3 each.

cupcake class feb 2023 #2.jpg

cupcake class feb 2023 #1.jpg

• Like 2

We went to do it on Oasis but when we got there and asked the price i think it was about 40usd i said no. It was silly money for what effectively is a few £s worth of cupcake and decorations. There was only two children doing it at the time and it is no way a  professional course. Almost like a birthday party cake decorating. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We went to do it on Oasis but when we got there and asked the price i think it was about 40usd i said no. It was silly money for what effectively is a few £s worth of cupcake and decorations. There was only two children doing it at the time and it is no way a  professional course. Almost like a birthday party cake decorating. 

That’s exactly what we thought.

I cannot believe they charge people almost $40 to decorate a cupcake.  Seems like this is something that should absolutely be something they could charge like $5 to cover the cost of a cupcake or two.  But as long as people pay it, they will continue to offer it.  It is crazy to me.

• Like 1

Depends on how you view "value". We have 14 of us going on a family cruise in August, and 5 of our group signed up for it.  Young kids often don't assess the "value" of activities. They just know they are having fun making cupcakes with Mom and Gramma.   I suspect it it will end up being a core memory when they grow up. And because of that, I assign value to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1