Recommended restaurants on Beyond

CruisingYiayia

We found out yesterday that our April '24 cruise on Reflection to ABC islands has been changed to Beyond.  We are very excited to be sailing on Beyond, our first time on an Edge class ship, and, luckily, our itinerary is the same.  We have sailed S-class ships many times and are very familiar with ship layout and specialty restaurants, and had our specialty restaurants picked out and reservations made.  Now that we are on Beyond, we have no idea which restaurants to choose.  Any recommendations???  TIA

29 minutes ago, CruisingYiayia said:

Now that we are on Beyond, we have no idea which restaurants to choose.  Any recommendations???  TIA

On Beyond,  Eden and Le Voyage are outstanding specialties. 😋

• Like 1

We ate at most of the specialty restaurants because we had a big onboard credit.

They were all fabulous.  

Check out the menus online and choose the ones which make your mouth water.  You won't choose wrong. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Texed said:

On Beyond,  Eden and Le Voyage are outstanding specialties. 😋

Agreed.  Although my partner was not excited about the tasting menu at Le Voyage.  But he doesn't like most tasting menus.  He's hard to please.  I liked Eden more than he did.  We had a view of the wake at Eden, which was nice.

I only did Eden when I was on the Edge, but I LOVED it!!

The only one I personally wouldn't do is the sushi place but that's because I hate fish/seafood regardless if it's cooked or raw. (I personally kind of wish it was a bit more set apart than right there next to a main walkway so I wouldn't have to smell it, but I quickly learned alternative routes.) The others I'd try, probably.

• Like 1

I ate at Eden three times and Le Voyage once on my weeklong cruise in January on Beyond.  I hindsight  I wish I would have skipped Le Voyage and gone elsewhere. It was ok but a little stuffy atmosphere and I preferred the food in Eden.  I love, love, loved Eden, supposedly the Lobster in the lobster casserole is made from Maine lobster brought on the ship live.  I have a transatlantic cruise booked on Ascent in April and look forward to eating at Eden when I'm on her.

• Like 1

Our favorite on the Beyond  was Eden.  We enjoyed it more so much that we went back for a second night to try other dishes.  The lobster casserole was outstanding as the lobster came from Nova Scotia per the menu.  It was real lobster and not that stuff served in the MDR.  The crab cake was probably the best we ever had.  Service was top notch.  Fine Cut Steakhouse was ok.  The steaks were fatty and some of the side dishes were so so.  

• Like 1

Check out your rate paid versus prevailing rate. We thought we were getting a deal for newer ship Beyond instead of Reflection. Turns out prevailing rate is $1,000 lower than what we paid. Called yesterday and we rebooked. Got our deposit back since it is a re-deployment and got same level of room. Yes it was an hour to get through but to save $1,000 worth it to us. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fitbix said:

Check out your rate paid versus prevailing rate. We thought we were getting a deal for newer ship Beyond instead of Reflection. Turns out prevailing rate is $1,000 lower than what we paid. Called yesterday and we rebooked. Got our deposit back since it is a re-deployment and got same level of room. Yes it was an hour to get through but to save $1,000 worth it to us. 

How do you know what prevailing rate is?  You mean the rate at any particular day on celebrity.com?

2 minutes ago, fitbix said:

Yes, I checked the rate of our room in the last few days. 

I tried to reprice a previous cruise.  TA said, “you’ll lose this and that” meaning OBC.  Didn’t seem worth it.  But I’m watching now for future cruises.

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I tried to reprice a previous cruise.  TA said, “you’ll lose this and that” meaning OBC.  Didn’t seem worth it.  But I’m watching now for future cruises.

If you reprice you only get the current promotions.  So yes if you originally booked with a promo with a specific amount of OBC and the new promo has a different amount of OBC then that is what you get.  Other than that there shouldn't be any other things you will lose unless you go from a all included to a cruise only rate.  

1 hour ago, fitbix said:

Our case was a redeployment of Beyond to Carribbean. So if insisting as we did, we got our non refundable deposit back. 

In surprised there wasn’t some ship that could have handled the people whose cruises were canceled.