Princess’s Hotel Packages

shiny1

On 6/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I just posted this on another thread, so I decided to post it here as well. It summarizes our upcoming arrival the day before boarding the Diamond in Yokohama, Japan.

We are low stress cruisers and booked an overnight package through Princess for $359 per person, which seemed fair, for our upcoming Princess cruise starting July 10 out of Yokohama. We fly into the Haneda Airport the day before and look for the Princess rep after going through Customs and picking up our baggage. Then they put us on a transfer bus to our hotel which is the Keio Plaza Hotel, which also has a Princess Hospitality Desk, in the heart of Tokyo about 50 minutes from the airport. Then the next morning we get on the transfer bus again and head to the Yokohama port to board the Diamond which is about an hour away. Like I said, we’re low stress cruisers. 😁

My only issue is its dbl for solo cruisers like me. 

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

My only issue is its dbl for solo cruisers like me. 

I get there should be some extra cost to the "single" rate to offset the cost for the hotel room, as they're usually priced for double occupancy. But to charge "double" for the transfers from the airport and then the next day to the ship does seem a little overkill. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we’ve booked the hotel package through Princess for an upcoming cruise from NY. It includes transfers from the airport to the hotel, from hotel to cruise terminal and back to the airport upon disembarkation. The hotel is the Hilton Midtown. The total cost for 2 was $650.00 for one night at the hotel. It is pricey but we won’t need to deal with anything ourselves and we’ve never cruised out of NY before. The hotels are all pretty expensive. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shiny1 said:

we’ve booked the hotel package through Princess for an upcoming cruise from NY. It includes transfers from the airport to the hotel, from hotel to cruise terminal and back to the airport upon disembarkation. The hotel is the Hilton Midtown. The total cost for 2 was $650.00 for one night at the hotel. It is pricey but we won’t need to deal with anything ourselves and we’ve never cruised out of NY before. The hotels are all pretty expensive. 

Personally, I think that you've made the right decision.  Domestically, it is a hard decision to make, price wise, and comfort level wise.  But hopefully, you see the benefit of the extra cost, and if you do travel internationally, you will appreciate the comfort level.  As I said early on, I think the package is worth it.

Now that you've made your decision, let's see how much longer this thread goes on.  Get your popcorn out.

On 7/4/2023 at 5:31 PM, PurpleHays said:

Looking at the information for the hotel packages, I only have one question-is the price quoted per person or per couple? If per person, it's *really* expensive. If per couple, it's not bad.

Screenshot2023-07-072_09_51PM.thumb.png.761344dc260c69fda6aa0d2cbf7f302a.png
Per person as shown on the Princess website.  I posted a link to this page in this thread back on June 30 as well. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:28 PM, shiny1 said:

I saw that price and thought, "What, that's a lot?"  But I checked my invoice from almost a year ago and we paid $1256 for 1 night hotels on both ends of the cruise.  (NYC & Quebec City including all transfers to and from)  You may save a few dollars here and there booking hotels and transportation yourself but we're old and go the easy way.  I have a wonderful travel agent and she knows the location where we like our cabin on the ship and that we just want to pay the bill and get on with the travel.  BTW - we were booked in that same hotel in NYC and really liked it.  There are many things to see within walking distance.  

• Like 1