"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

6 hours ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Yes. Last night around 9pm off the balcony. I've always wanted to go to a stargazing event but they are past my bedtime. 😊 

Not to derail the thread, but it is pretty amazing the number of stars one can easily see at one of those.  They kill the lights on the top deck and the sky explodes with objects one can rarely see up in the sky.

Edited by Redwing55
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@LACruiser88....You Tube Vloggers Parodeejay (Jay & Dee) are on this cruise as well wondering if you may have seen them around the ship?

They have been cruising nonstop from Hawaii to Greenland to Iceland, they started way back when in Hawaii on NCL!

Your weather looks amazing!

Yes, I have spoken to them several times.  They are very nice.

This morning it is cloudy and much cooler.  The swells are not bad.  

20230717_113715.thumb.jpg.1f54918d99b9d841c79d688458b72c9f.jpg

• Like 2

I understand the sickness numbers may be increasing. They have no salt, pepper or sugar packets on the tables at this time. Usually this is an indication that numbers are rising.

What has anyone who is onboard heard? My relative has only observed but has not heard anything from staff.

Keep those hands washed!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, travelwide said:

I understand the sickness numbers may be increasing. They have no salt, pepper or sugar packets on the tables at this time. Usually this is an indication that numbers are rising.

What has anyone who is onboard heard? My relative has only observed but has not heard anything from staff.

Keep those hands washed!

In the past, these were more precautions for Nora Virus than Covid.  Stay safe.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Super fun day at the beach today in Nawiliwili Bay.  We walked from the ship, an easy 15 minute stroll, to the beach in front of the Marriott's Royal Sonesta Hotel.

The weather was perfect with a slight breeze.

20230715_111844.thumb.jpg.fa6a00e18b199959ee9ed07b09d9108d.jpg

20230715_112029.thumb.jpg.10fc893449380fa6c31a784382ea5383.jpg

20230715_112046.thumb.jpg.f9f1d44449396dec6a762c5838508cc8.jpg

20230715_112943.thumb.jpg.e784459cd7be8069cb3e9f7c1be374ac.jpg

In the above photo, our ship is behind the trees.

20230715_112948.thumb.jpg.b7724676d906092447402cfa642191bd.jpg

20230715_114813.thumb.jpg.87687ca0f13a92ed41cef33a4aeac733.jpg

20230715_114817.thumb.jpg.75d289febdbaba949bdd71a6b6a6cde7.jpg

20230715_132434.thumb.jpg.7729624331fef9bf0894d83c0c2ff5d1.jpg

If you look closely in the above photo you can see our ship through the trees.

In front of Duke's, we rented 4 beach chairs and 2 umbrellas ($50 for 2 chairs and an umbrella).

20230715_135314.thumb.jpg.02b65ee82f2bfd5a91df241090e2078e.jpg

20230715_120344.thumb.jpg.5992bf1018baceb41797f1da63c2d3d5.jpg

your lives always show me new ideas for what to do at ports, thank you for all the info & the gorgeous photos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelwide said:

Keep those hands washed!

Currently at the Buffet, salt and pepper shakers on the tables.

20230717_103210.thumb.jpg.932d79016f4aa1a61cf7833c87c82c1f.jpg

6 hours ago, travelwide said:

Keep those hands washed!

Have observed many passengers coughing and sneezing into hands, when it's usually better to do so into elbow of arm or "vampire" technique which we teach at school.  Yes, keep distance, hands washed, try to touch universal surfaces, and use sanitizers when available. Stay safe and healthy. 

On 7/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We have another quarantine cabin, this one is 3 doors down from our cabin.  They have their breakfast order on their door.  🥺

20230715_202424.thumb.jpg.1c64abf9399e9417cc1668feccd17348.jpg

We are in the 600s on CARIBE and now have TWO down the hall that were not there this morning.  I’m thinking more NORO than Covid…. But hey, what do I know.  I think I’ll stay on my balcony tomorrow!!  

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 11:14 AM, lolane1 said:

For information purposes, this is not quite correct.                                                                                While sanitizers don't work on norovirus because it is encased in a capsid,  sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol are effective on coronaviruses.                                                                       

Taken from New Jersey Covid-19 information hub: "If used properly, alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol is an effective way to kill the COVID-19 virus. Hand sanitizer is often faster and easier, however if you have the option, you should wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds. This is overall the most effective way to get rid of the coronavirus and other viruses."                     

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/coronavirus-information/slowing-the-spread/is-hand-sanitizer-effective-against-the-virus

Thanks for clarifying that.

Hello All,

I am following and really enjoying your narrative and pictures! Thank you LACRUISER88 for your

Live report!

Considering  Hawaii cruise with Princess.  This would be my first Princess cruise.

Would really appreciate your recommendations regarding the best ship to book.

I took a TA on Celebrity Silhouette in April. My first Celebrity cruise. The ship was

lovely, the entertainment and talks terrific.  

I am sure this cruise is making wonderful lasting memories!

Wishing everyone safe, healthy and joyful travels!

Julie 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikjr said:

We are in the 600s on CARIBE and now have TWO down the hall that were not there this morning.  I’m thinking more NORO than Covid…. But hey, what do I know.  I think I’ll stay on my balcony tomorrow!!  

Ooops!!   I just wanted to correct my comment.  I said CARIBE…. We’re on BAJA!!   We normally get a cabin on Caribe, but not this time.  

• Like 1

Sorry, but due to supply chain issues, only one serving per cabin.

Someone posted on another social media site that the Emerald is out of white flour. Wondering if they are going to try making pizza with wheat flour? What about rolls, pastries, and breads?

It was suggested that passengers ""jump ship in Ensenada to protest".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikjr said:

Ooops!!   I just wanted to correct my comment.  I said CARIBE…. We’re on BAJA!!   We normally get a cabin on Caribe, but not this time.  

We are on Caribe also. In the 400's.  Have not seen any quarantined cabins.  Hope I do not see any. We were on an elevator yesterday, and people on it were saying that someone in their group had Covid.  I had a bad upset stomach on Sunday and Monday (coming out of both ends, LOL), but feel much better today.  Do not know if that was Norovirus or not.  Not a good thing to get that at the end of the cruise.  Getting off the ship would be almost impossible with that.  I do not see any more cleaning or wiping down of anything.  Been using sanitizer since getting on the boat.  The 4 of us in our group are now wearing masks, which does not help that much, but feels better, LOL.  Hopefully they get this contained so it does not end up affecting most everyone.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, milogurd said:

Sorry, but due to supply chain issues, only one serving per cabin.

Someone posted on another social media site that the Emerald is out of white flour. Wondering if they are going to try making pizza with wheat flour? What about rolls, pastries, and breads?

It was suggested that passengers ""jump ship in Ensenada to protest".

Yeah, that was me. I was being facetious. I felt being upset about white flour while on a 16 day Hawaiian cruise was silly. 

• Haha 2

Yes, the ship has run out of white flour!  🤔

Last night in the MDR they were serving the bread and butter (not on the tables), no salt or pepper on the tables.

This morning at the IC coffee bar, you could not access the sweetners or cup lids.

So, there is "something" going around.  The crew are not wearing masks so my guess would be Noro?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention as far as supply issues, they ran out of small water bottles last week.  Now they only have the 1.5L bottles and are not charging extra for them (only the small bottles are included in the Plus Pkg).

23 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, the ship has run out of white flour!  🤔

Last night in the MDR they were serving the bread and butter (not on the tables), no salt or pepper on the tables.

This morning at the IC coffee bar, you could not access the sweetners or cup lids.

So, there is "something" going around.  The crew are not wearing masks so my guess would be Noro?

I would agree with you on Noro.  But there are a couple cases of Covid.  It also could be some type of flu.  We were in the theater last week and the woman in from of us was hacking it up pretty bad for a while, no mask.  We saw her the next night in Sabatinis. We were a table away, and she was still hacking it up.  The rest of her group were not wearing masks or anything, so maybe she has some type of lung problems.  We moved our table to another area of the restaurant.  The food was good there, same for the steak house.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

I forgot to mention as far as supply issues, they ran out of small water bottles last week.  Now they only have the 1.5L bottles and are not charging extra for them (only the small bottles are included in the Plus Pkg).

I asked about that before we hit Hawaii.  I was told by one of the hotel officers that they could not get enough of them when they supplied the ship.  He said there would be other shortages also.  Supply issues.  Also asked if they could resupply in HI.  He said that they could not get small bottles there either, and other items missing.  The pizza was made with wheat flour.  It was not bad, either.

• Like 2