July 2023 Update HAL Dry Docks, Charters & Groups Onboard

VMax1700

Please add 

I asked the person whom I’m to coordinate the m&g with at HAL on when the volendam was going into dry dock… she replied… “It looks like the Volendam will be in dry dock from 19OCT24 to 09NOV24”

IMG_0237.jpeg

59 minutes ago, PRPLE said:

Please add 

I asked the person whom I’m to coordinate the m&g with at HAL on when the volendam was going into dry dock… she replied… “It looks like the Volendam will be in dry dock from 19OCT24 to 09NOV24”

IMG_0237.jpeg

Thank you for that information.

Interesting looking document.  I wonder what else it would reveal???? 🤐

30 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thank you for that information.

Interesting looking document.  I wonder what else it would reveal???? 🤐

No clue…. Was just thrilled I hit a date range… HAL via  twitter just would say fall 2024

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 8:03 AM, VMax1700 said:

Noordam:

24 November 2024 – 08 December 2024 : Far East/Japan : Possible Charter

Hello @VMax1700 !  Just checking in to see whether you've seen any further information on this possible charter of the Noordam? I'd be interested in a potential continuation of the prior 14-day sailing, but at present it's neither available nor "sold out" on the HAL or big box sites at this time.  Thanks, and hope you're doing well.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:03 AM, VMax1700 said:

Nieuw Amsterdam:

28 October 2023 – 04 November 2023 : S. Caribbean : Malt Shop Cruise

04 November 2023 – 11 November 2023 : Gulf Coast : The Big Easy Cruise

11 November 2023 – 18 November 2023 : W. Caribbean : Gaither Homecoming Cruise

13 January 2024 – 20 January 2024 : Caribbean : Sandy Beaches Cruise

20 January 2024 – 27 January 2024 : W. Caribbean : Country Music Cruise

27 January 2024 – 03 February 2024 : Caribbean : Soul Train Cruise

17 February 2024 – 24 February 2024 : Caribbean : Supercruise 16th Music Festival

09 March 2024 – 16 March 2024 : Caribbean : JoCo Cruise

02 March 2025 – 06 April 2025 : Caribbean : Unknown Possible Charters

I can lay pretty good odds that one of those weeks in March 2025 will be the JoCo charter.  (I'm sailing on the 2024 JoCo charter).  I know that they have a contract with HAL through 2025 but they typically do not announce the next sailing dates until they are onboard the current one (because current attendees have first chance at booking/rooms).  This year was slightly different in that they announced their 2024 sail dates *before* the 2023 sailing -- I think to drum up interest and get people back onboard.  I'm semi waiting to see if they release 2025 sail dates in Jan 2024 or wait until March 2024.

6 hours ago, Shalandara said:

I can lay pretty good odds that one of those weeks in March 2025 will be the JoCo charter.  (I'm sailing on the 2024 JoCo charter).  I know that they have a contract with HAL through 2025 but they typically do not announce the next sailing dates until they are onboard the current one (because current attendees have first chance at booking/rooms).  This year was slightly different in that they announced their 2024 sail dates *before* the 2023 sailing -- I think to drum up interest and get people back onboard.  I'm semi waiting to see if they release 2025 sail dates in Jan 2024 or wait until March 2024.

Agree, probably JoCo and Legendary R&B or Sandy Beaches or...... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Hello @VMax1700 !  Just checking in to see whether you've seen any further information on this possible charter of the Noordam? I'd be interested in a potential continuation of the prior 14-day sailing, but at present it's neither available nor "sold out" on the HAL or big box sites at this time.  Thanks, and hope you're doing well.

I have found no further information so far!  The ship will be in Singapore on 24th November and will also sail from Singapore on 8th December, but I have no concrete information on what is happening on those two weeks.

3 hours ago, Banditswife said:

that looks interesting.  

I have friends who go every year.  Since my DH seems to only like HAL and since (currently) JoCo is only doing HAL, and also only sailing from the East Coast (which is way more convenient for us) we finally decided to take the plunge.  Really not sure I could do it every every year (because while I love games and costuming) I am not up to that much intensity every year. 

And it does count towards Mariner days for sailing.  Although it wont show up in my HAL bookings until sometime in February.  (That's when cabins are assigned).

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Anyone know what the 4/05/-/4/19/2025 hole in the Oosterdam schedule is.  Can't find either drydock or charter for that 2 week period. 

Many 2025 Charters will not be announced until their 2024 editions are sold out or in progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Anyone know what the 4/05/-/4/19/2025 hole in the Oosterdam schedule is.  Can't find either drydock or charter for that 2 week period. 

When we were on Oosterdam from late March to mid April, 2023 the captain said that the ship would be going into dry dock in 2025. 

There is speculation that it might go into dry dock on October 8th of this year for 12 days, but it may just be chartered for those dates. 

I am on board for 26 nights beginning October 20, 2023, so I am trying to keep up with any information that I see about it.  So far there hasn't been much of that.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Taters said:

I am on board for 26 nights beginning October 20, 2023, so I am trying to keep up with any information that I see about it.  So far there hasn't been much of that.

One of the good sources of information when onboard is the Future Cruise Consultant. 😉 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @VMax1700, Thank you for the time and effort to put out this info.

My question: The Koningsdam Alaska voyage K449, Aug 3-10, 2024 has disappeared from the HAL cruise planning listings. Do you have any info as to why that might be?

We have it booked and can see it in our bookings. But it has disappeared from the HAL main page.

Thank you

29 minutes ago, triiip42 said:

Hi @VMax1700, Thank you for the time and effort to put out this info.

My question: The Koningsdam Alaska voyage K449, Aug 3-10, 2024 has disappeared from the HAL cruise planning listings. Do you have any info as to why that might be?

We have it booked and can see it in our bookings. But it has disappeared from the HAL main page.

Thank you

It is showing on the website still, for me!  Did you have any filters that may have hidden it?  

• Like 1

@VMax1700, Thanks for your reply. Checked all my filters then looked again and on the page that pops up showing the different cruises in Alaska in Aug 2024 for the Koningsdam, it doesn't show the Aug 3rd cruise. But now found that if I click on the "view 4 dates and fares" it shows the Aug 3rd date. Then when I click on it I get the "error" page not found message.😬....so sent an email to PCC asking about that and got...We see that same ERROR you are seeing so sending it to the IT dept. to check out.

Thank you for your time in checking it out and replying.

On 9/9/2023 at 7:55 AM, zelker said:

Someone on our roll call just posted about this group being onboard Koningsdam for the December 21st holiday cruise -

Luau Out - Holiday Bridge Cruise (larryco.com)

This is supplemental to the cruise, right? It's not being pulled from gen pop and being replaced by a charter, is it?