Reservations for entertainment at 35 days

Leaving on  9 night in about 5 weeks (less than that) and no entertainment to book yet. I swear someone once said you can book it in advance on the app earlier, but I'm not seeing that as the case.

I check every day and, the truth is, we've seen the shows before.  I won't consider it a tragedy if we can't book them, but it'd be nice.   Aren't we past the normal window of this being open?

The newest reporting on entertainment opening up is the beginning of the month before your cruise (Oasis and Quantum class only, I believe?). Since your cruise seems to be in August and today is July 1, I would anticipate it opening within the next few days. Check often! It will first show what seems like a glitch, saying reservations are open but not allowing any booking, and then a few hours later, the bookings will be available. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

The newest reporting on entertainment opening up is the beginning of the month before your cruise (Oasis and Quantum class only, I believe?). Since your cruise seems to be in August and today is July 1, I would anticipate it opening within the next few days. Check often! It will first show what seems like a glitch, saying reservations are open but not allowing any booking, and then a few hours later, the bookings will be available. 

Really.. only Oasis and Quantum class? Sure hope not.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

There is nothing that requires booking on any ship smaller that Oasis and Quantum.  Bookings aren't necessary. There is plenty of room in every venue for everyone who wants to get a seat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

56 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There is nothing that requires booking on any ship smaller that Oasis and Quantum.  Bookings aren't necessary. There is plenty of room in every venue for everyone who wants to get a seat.

Just as a follow up.  I always try to get to the skating early. That one does can fill up and I have seen people standing at the back or sitting on the stairs at some shows.  Thankfully, they have multiple performances per week usually two on the same day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjtt said:

Thanks OCSC  Mike. I will check in a few days. 👍

Some reservations go very quickly. If it’s important to you I would check every morning.

You can still see virtually everything via the standby line or by making reservations once onboard (they hold a certain %).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jjtt said:

Thanks OCSC  Mike. I will check in a few days. 👍

53 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some reservations go very quickly. If it’s important to you I would check every morning.

You can still see virtually everything via the standby line or by making reservations once onboard (they hold a certain %).

This!!

Keep checking each morning.  I was surprised how quick reservations disappeared.  You'll get to see everything but maybe not your preferred times.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The only one I really want is Aqua80. Ice show if available but I’ve seen it a dozen times.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hey, Mike.

We saw the shows last year but am hoping at least the Aqua show is available this time. Not much I can do if we miss out but I'll do my best.  Hoping the 9 night means more opportunities.  

24 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

We are cruising Oasis in August. Where in the app do I find the shoes and reservation information?  Have never made reservations before and would love to try this time!!

I personally find it easier to reserve in the cruise planner on website. Upper left on pull down menu and choose Entertainment. Everything to reserve should show up there.

2 hours ago, Bot230 said:

If you are in sky class do you need to reserve show times in advance or is there priority seating for sky class guests? Thanks!

There is reserved seating but you still need reservations. The suite concierges can usually get you in but I find it easier to make my own & save asking them for assistance for when I truly need it.

13 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Hey, Mike.

We saw the shows last year but am hoping at least the Aqua show is available this time. Not much I can do if we miss out but I'll do my best.  Hoping the 9 night means more opportunities.  

The aqua show is the easiest one to get in even without reservation because if it comes down to it, you can always stand up top near the climbing walls and watch. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Not in my case. Sailing  on Oasis in august and reserves are not available even though the blurb says to do it on line🤣

On 7/2/2023 at 11:32 AM, nelblu said:

Not in my case. Sailing  on Oasis in august and reserves are not available even though the blurb says to do it on line🤣

When I cruised on April 2, our reservations opened up on March 4. It is not always the 1st of the month, just somewhere in the beginning part of the month. This is a screenshot from my roll call for that sailing showing the screen you'll get that seems like a glitch (but just check back later in the day because they should be available then):