Uppercase letter in name

alasbound

Has anyone had a situation where the name is spelled correctly,  but a letter in the middle should be an uppercase.

Cruise = Mcray

ID = McRay

?

Did you have to do a name change?

We were able to talk to Carnival and confirm that it's OK, as long as spelled right.

Edited by alasbound

I dont think anyone will bother you about that at all.  My first name has more letters in it than there are allowable characters on the Carnival boarding pass and sail & sign cards and the last 2 letters of my name are always chopped off. It has never been an issue and I have been sailing since the early '90s that way.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I dont think anyone will bother you about that at all.  My first name has more letters in it than there are allowable characters on the Carnival boarding pass and sail & sign cards and the last 2 letters of my name are always chopped off. It has never been an issue and I have been sailing since the early '90s that way.

Same here.

• Like 1

Be thankful that you do not have an apostrophe in your last name. This causes an inordinate amount of confusion as different computer systems treat it differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Be thankful that you do not have an apostrophe in your last name. This causes an inordinate amount of confusion as different computer systems treat it differently.

I can imagine that would be difficult,!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RD64 said:

Same with hyphens. 🙄

• Thanks 1

I have an apostrophe in my name but there is often a discrepancy between no apostrophe, a space, or even a dash. My SS card shows the apostrophe, but my license and Passport shows none. I've never had an issue anywhere when they don't match. You should be good to go!

19 hours ago, RD64 said:

Yeah, I heard Prince had a helluva time sailing for a few years there! 😂

7 hours ago, cruiser0216 said:

I have an apostrophe in my name but there is often a discrepancy between no apostrophe, a space, or even a dash. My SS card shows the apostrophe, but my license and Passport shows none. I've never had an issue anywhere when they don't match. You should be good to go!

I also get an ampersand on occasion.

We have an extra capital letter and a space in our last name. 

To add to the confusion, my husband has a 2-part middle name, also with a capitalized letter.

We’ve had all sorts of trouble with computers and spellings of names while traveling..sometimes we are filed under the second part of our last name, etc, but I’ve never had problems with Carnival.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

We have an extra capital letter and a space in our last name. 

To add to the confusion, my husband has a 2-part middle name, also with a capitalized letter.

We’ve had all sorts of trouble with computers and spellings of names while traveling..sometimes we are filed under the second part of our last name, etc, but I’ve never had problems with Carnival.

You are fortunate you've not had issues. Every time I talk with a live person at CCL (any brand) they always ask what my name is because it has too letters to fit so the last fee aren't shown and looks strange. When I explain what it is, they offer to "correct" the system by splitting it up into two shorter names and move one to the middle name slot. Please, don't - my name, crazy as it may be, is my name and TSA likes it just fine the way it is, lol.

On 7/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, shof515 said:

included, only on sea days and not in the funtimes/hub app. you have go there to see if it there

22 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

You are fortunate you've not had issues. Every time I talk with a live person at CCL (any brand) they always ask what my name is because it has too letters to fit so the last fee aren't shown and looks strange. When I explain what it is, they offer to "correct" the system by splitting it up into two shorter names and move one to the middle name slot. Please, don't - my name, crazy as it may be, is my name and TSA likes it just fine the way it is, lol.

That is awful! At least our last name is short so we don’t have that extra problem. 

• Like 1

My maiden name was de Leeuw...so started with a lower case,  capital and a space in the middle of the name..caused confusion but this was also pre internet when paperwork was filed manually . 

• Like 1