O "Summer Sale" into mix with new "Simply More" program

MEFIowa

1 minute ago, Jayne E said:

I guess this include On Board Booking discount, even though it’s not specified?

I don't think so since the Extraordinary Sale specifically called out Onboard Booking as not combinable. In other words, it may be combinable...worth asking.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

On 7/6/2023 at 11:14 AM, 1985rz1 said:

Yes, the listed prices are NOT the sale price.  You must call your rep to get it.  I know because our TA repriced one of our booked sailings that is on list at a considerable savings (26%) off the listed price.

Called my TA about 11/19 Riveria booking and price had declined by considerably so I upgraded and still saved a bunch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TAK12 said:

Called my TA about 11/19 Riveria booking and price had declined by considerably so I upgraded and still saved a bunch.

My TA is overwhelmed with clients asking about SM…And now 72 Summer Sale cruises. 
O was supposed to make booking “simple”.  Our Grand Voyage is being split to B2B. Several thousand less….a lot of work for TA. 

2 hours ago, TAK12 said:

I'm on the same cruise, so after seeing your email I took a closer look. The same applies to my booking, even though on my original booking I got $600 excursion credit + $600 cruise credit + drink package during the unusual March sale. So I'll probably be changing also.

Although I've been following all the threads and doing a cursory look, I woke up when I read yours, since it's the same cruise. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I'm on the same cruise, so after seeing your email I took a closer look. The same applies to my booking, even though on my original booking I got $600 excursion credit + $600 cruise credit + drink package during the unusual March sale. So I'll probably be changing also.

Although I've been following all the threads and doing a cursory look, I woke up when I read yours, since it's the same cruise. Thanks.

I think the $600 excursion credit you're talking about is 6 free excursions which may be worth more than the $600 excursion credit that you would be getting under SM.

I guess it depends on the price drop if it's worth switching.

The terms and conditions of the summer sale state it is for new bookings only.  Many have reported that they were able to reprice their cruise to take advantage of the lower price.  

Is Oceania not enforcing the new booking only provision?  Or did the folks getting the lower price initially do a onboard booking, which I understand allows you to claim any future price reduction.

9 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

The terms and conditions of the summer sale state it is for new bookings only.  Many have reported that they were able to reprice their cruise to take advantage of the lower price.  

Is Oceania not enforcing the new booking only provision?  Or did the folks getting the lower price initially do a onboard booking, which I understand allows you to claim any future price reduction.

Usually if your cabin category has availability   they will reprice your cruise  for the new sale

Never hurts  to ask for the new price 😉

58 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Was this under the Ultimate  Sale??

I do not this the $600 is a cruise  credit   maybe  an OBC?

50 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Our experience is that if there is a sale with a better price, you can usually reprice your cruise at the lower price. But if you have previous sales price incentives (e.g. extra SBC) you lose them and there could be other restrictions on other perks like AMEX, Share Holders, etc.  You need to check with your TA about this, and the lower price might affect the the perks he/she can offer.  The devil is in the details. (No, we did not book originally onboard.)

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

I am very confused by the Simply More pricing and now the Summer Sale.  We are currently booked on a 20-day cruise in an Oceania Suite in 2024; we selected a cruise-only fare of $14,699PP that was available when we booked.  Now I assume we can keep this fare if we want it. 

The online price for Simply More is $15,199PP but the category is now wait-listed.  So would O even allow us to change to Simply More and give us the Summer Sale which supposedly includes free economy airfare?  Now, we would want to fly business class, so I assume we could then pay the air deviation and price difference to get that?  If so, how much would the economy air credit be toward business class?  We previously never used O air since we found we could find cheaper and better business class air ourselves, but if there is a substantial free credit we are getting with this sale, it my be worth it to try O air.

Edited by Torquer

22 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I am very confused by the Simply More pricing and now the Summer Sale.  We are currently booked on a 20-day cruise in an Oceania Suite in 2024; we selected a cruise-only fare of $14,699PP that was available when we booked.  Now I assume we can keep this fare if we want it. 

The online price for Simply More is $15,199PP but the category is now wait-listed.  So would O even allow us to change to Simply More and give us the Summer Sale which supposedly includes free economy airfare?  Now, we would want to fly business class, so I assume we could then pay the air deviation and price difference to get that?  If so, how much would the economy air credit be toward business class?  We previously never used O air since we found we could find cheaper and better business class air ourselves, but if there is a substantial free credit we are getting with this sale, it my be worth it to try O air.

Have you called O to get some answers to your questions??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

I would skip the O air   if you want BIZ class

The Air is not "FREE"   you got  a discount when you booked cruise only

Check the price of SM with air & without

Contact your TA or Oceania   who ever you booked with   & see if it is worth it to you to go with SM program or not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torquer said:

A savvy TA should be able to reprice (not rebook) your cruise to SM with the summer sale if it's an included itinerary, even if it's waitlisted, but you can do SM summer sale without air.  

Edited by 1985rz1

We called our Oceania rep yesterday to ask if the Summer Sale could be applied to our existing booking for the South America Explorer cruise next Feb. The answer was YES and the new guest statement he sent us shows this sale saved us $5,400!!!! That is cold hard cash savings!  We kept our same cabin and now also have free WiFi, a bigger shoreex credit, and maybe best of all, a free wine and champagne amenity. Yippee!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Torquer said:

The price on O website is NOT the Summer Sale price. Call O today or your TA and ask for sale price. The sale price will include SM. 

Our 31 day Grand Voyage is being split to a B2B. Comes out about $2,000 less even with losing $800 on board booking.  We now get SM, $500 Platinum SBC and 2 spa certificates for each cruise. There is no B2B 5% discount.  No stockholder credit. 
My TA did say there had to be a cabin available in the category to get sale price or you can go to another cabin level. 
If you booked on board, they should honor their promise of “best price”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

The price on O website is NOT the Summer Sale price. Call O today or your TA and ask for sale price. The sale price will include SM. 

Our 31 day Grand Voyage is being split to a B2B. Comes out about $2,000 less even with losing $800 on board booking.  We now get SM, $500 Platinum SBC and 2 spa certificates for each cruise. There is no B2B 5% discount.  No stockholder credit. 
My TA did say there had to be a cabin available in the category to get sale price or you can go to another cabin level. 

I'm not sure your TA is correct when he/she said there has to be a cabin available to take advantage of the sale.  I believe @ArtistsWife had her booking repriced and her cabin category was waitlisted.  If you reprice, instead of rebook, you retain the same cabin, booking number and original booking date.  For rebooking, instead of repricing, you effectively cancel you current booking and rebook at the new price, which can't be done if all the cabins are waitlisted.

4 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I'm not sure your TA is correct when he/she said there has to be a cabin available to take advantage of the sale.  I believe @ArtistsWife had her booking repriced and her cabin category was waitlisted.  If you reprice, instead of rebook, you retain the same cabin, booking number and original booking date.  For rebooking, instead of repricing, you effectively cancel you current booking and rebook at the new price, which can't be done if all the cabins are waitlisted.

TA is correct. I have to cancel a 31 day cruise and rebook a 15 and 16 B2B. Our situation is not repricing but rebooking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Perhaps because they split the longer cruise into two separate cruises, which required new bookings for both?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

TA is correct. I have to cancel a 31 day cruise and rebook a 15 and 16 B2B. Our situation is not repricing but rebooking. 

I guess you can't reprice because you had to split the 31 day cruise because only one segment was covered by the sale.  I missed that subtlety. 

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Was this under the Ultimate  Sale??

I do not this the $600 is a cruise  credit   maybe  an OBC?

Sorry, you're right, it was an OBC and an excursion credit, and we used both for excursions. It was part of the anniversary sale with the 3 in 1 available in March. 

Called O for pricing on a summer sale cruise, a TA, Sirena, Nov. 2023, ROME/MIA.   Is same price as ESS.  Asked if SM included, yes.  IMO, an even better deal now.  

Air credit same as before, $800.  Cannot book air myself for that amount from/to PHL.  One way n/s to Rome $1,214 on AA.  But don't think O would book that flight, too costly, probably a cheaper 1 stop.  MIA/PHL most likely n/s, a more competitive route.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jayne E said:

We saved 6K doing the same thing! Good to have an awesome TA to sort it all out. We had to do it on our final day as well!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

We were moved over to SM at the same price, same cat. by O rep. Our pre-booked excursions were moved over but the 25%disc for 5 + excursions was not taken off as before. A sizeable increase. Following up with O rep but appears to be a bookkeeping snafu as the prices per excursion appear the same. Perhaps there will be a slight change due to our original 6 free being valued over $100 ea...offsetting the $800 but should be close. 

8 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I guess you can't reprice because you had to split the 31 day cruise because only one segment was covered by the sale.  I missed that subtlety. 

Both segments are under the Summer Sale. The 31 day cruise is not.