In case of a missed connection…

gailellen12

I will be flying home from a Baltic Cruise on August 15. I have a short connection time of 1 hr 15 minutes in Paris. If this connection is missed do I deal directly with Air France or try to contact Norwegian?  I wanted to book my own flights but could not not get anything better in terms of flights  I guess you can’t really fly from Stockholm to Philly!  Currently. Stockholm to Paris to Atlanta to Philly. 🥴

3 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

I will be flying home from a Baltic Cruise on August 15. I have a short connection time of 1 hr 15 minutes in Paris. If this connection is missed do I deal directly with Air France or try to contact Norwegian?  I wanted to book my own flights but could not not get anything better in terms of flights  I guess you can’t really fly from Stockholm to Philly!  Currently. Stockholm to Paris to Atlanta to Philly. 🥴

If it's Air France all the way, then you deal with them. NCL only acts like a travel agent, the getting you home is the airline's responsibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

If it's Air France all the way, then you deal with them. NCL only acts like a travel agent, the getting you home is the airline's responsibility.

Even if I booked my flights through Norwegian?

9 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes, it’s now the airlines responsibility.

I would also add that if you get in a bind and the airline doesn't seem to be correcting the problem, don't hesitate to call Norwegian.  I've had clients with problems in the past and Norwegian did help make some calls to correct the situation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Even if I booked my flights through Norwegian?

100%. Once you step on that plane, the air carrier has to get you there, no matter how you bought the ticket. I once traveled from Italy to the States via Paris, I was on Alitalia from Milan to Paris and Air France from Paris to Washington, DC. The plane had trouble in Milan and we were late to Paris and I missed my flight. Air France put me up in a hotel right by the airport and gave me money for food, then flew me out the next day.

47 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

First, it is an o.k. connection. You're not leaving the security area. Have a great cruise and safe flight home!

Personally, I would have flown via American Airlines. British Airways codeshare 11:20 am to London 1:05 pm. American Airlines London 4:55 pm to Charlotte 8:46 pm [Clear Customs], Charlotte 10:20 to PHL 11:57 pm. 

The airline should be your first point of contact.  You should be OK if nothing is delayed but if there is a delay, the sooner you contact the airline the better. 

From my experiences (way too many thanks to the airlines) the airlines are a better choice for first contact as they can/might give you vouchers for meals plus transportation/hotel stays if necessary.  If you call NCL they might offer to book you on another flight but they might not - and no additional compensation.

If the airline won't help, then I'd call my travel insurance - most seem to include assistance as part of their coverage and are probably available 24/7.  And it is in their best interest to get you home as soon as possible so they aren't paying any more than necessary - if your coverage includes delays, etc.