Entertainment

pdaniel

We were led to believe when we were on the Silver Dawn in May that the Entertainment across the Fleet would change from June - The Voices of Silversea ended their Contract at the end of May and were not being replaced. As nothing seems to have been announced since I wonder if those at Sea at the moment would care to Report their experiences of what exactly the Entertainment consists of.

The Production Shows have been around for many years and a change will be most welcome.

Talking to the voices of Silversea on the Moon in May their contract ended mid August and they believed they will be the last Voices of Silversea. they did say the group on the Dawn were ending soon.

They didn't know when the new entertainment was going to be launched but thought it might be when they finished. As far as they knew a contract has been signed with another company to produce the shows.

I just wonder if it will be "brought in house" as RCL has it's own production company and school. One of our grandaughters went pre covid and was on her second contract when covid struck. On her first contract she was hired as a dancer but ended up lead singer after the lead singer actually did break a leg.

On 7/12/2023 at 3:14 AM, drron29 said:

Talking to the voices of Silversea on the Moon in May their contract ended mid August and they believed they will be the last Voices of Silversea. they did say the group on the Dawn were ending soon.  They didn't know when the new entertainment was going to be launched but thought it might be when they finished. As far as they knew a contract has been signed with another company to produce the shows.   I just wonder if it will be "brought in house" as RCL has it's own production company and school. 

Great background and insights from Dr. Ron and Mayflower1.  Much appreciated!!

Add me to the list of "Inquiring Minds" who look forward to learning more.  What happens next and when?  As the below visual shows, the general idea and concept for the "Voices of Silversea" was good for a certain period of time.  But, that was then and this is now.  For our upcoming February 2024 Mumbai to Singapore sailing on the Silver Moon, we hope the new group is finalized, practiced and perfected.  Plus, being creative and interesting.  Yes, as a Baby Boomer, I like hearing a variety of the classic and "oldies" hits from our younger days.  

From 2015 on the Silver Cloud with the "Voices of Silversea" doing UK hit songs:

image.thumb.jpeg.d8715333c96f00769d29f97773955679.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 247,933 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

25 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Great background and insights from Dr. Ron and Mayflower1.  Much appreciated!!

Add me to the list of "Inquiring Minds" who look forward to learning more.  What happens next and when?  As the below visual shows, the general idea and concept for the "Voices of Silversea" was good for a certain period of time.  But, that was then and this is now.  For our upcoming February 2024 Mumbai to Singapore sailing on the Silver Moon, we hope the new group is finalized, practiced and perfected.  Plus, being creative and interesting.  Yes, as a Baby Boomer, I like hearing a variety of the classic and "oldies" hits from our younger days.  

From 2015 on the Silver Cloud with the "Voices of Silversea" doing UK hit songs:

image.thumb.jpeg.d8715333c96f00769d29f97773955679.jpeg

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 247,933 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

That looks like the a very patriotic sex doll convention. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As reported elsewhere, the new concept started on Shadow in January for the World Cruise. Though standards were high there were a number of problems identified. It would not surprise me if they were looking at refinements to the concept to avoid the problems.

13 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

As reported elsewhere, the new concept started on Shadow in January for the World Cruise. Though standards were high there were a number of problems identified. It would not surprise me if they were looking at refinements to the concept to avoid the problems.

Please link or provide info to the “reported elsewhere” and can you elaborate on the problems?  

Thank you

13 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Appreciate this added info and follow-up.  Am I assuming correctly that this Shadow started this new entertainment concept on their World Cruise in January 2023?   Any other reports as to what other Silversea ships have started this switch-over?  Yes, per pdaniel, would like to see or learn more as to what has been “reported elsewhere” as to these problems and issues.  Inquiring minds always like to learn and know more.  

Its good to hear that something may be happening sometime - as Terry says, any level of Information would be welcome.

I am particularly interested to hear what Entertainment is currently operating on The Silver Dawn as the Voices of Silversea Group left on 31st May and according to them were not being replaced ??

36 minutes ago, Mayflower1 said:

Its good to hear that something may be happening sometime - as Terry says, any level of Information would be welcome.

I am particularly interested to hear what Entertainment is currently operating on The Silver Dawn as the Voices of Silversea Group left on 31st May and according to them were not being replaced ??

I will be on the Dawn late next month. I will be glad to get info about entertainment.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I will be on the Dawn late next month. I will be glad to get info about entertainment.

Look forward, Lois, to learning more details from your upcoming Silver Dawn sailing in August.  Were headed and ports to be visited?  Especially interested in the new replacements for the Voices of Silversea, speakers, other entertainment, etc.  

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Look forward, Lois, to learning more details from your upcoming Silver Dawn sailing in August.  Were headed and ports to be visited?  Especially interested in the new replacements for the Voices of Silversea, speakers, other entertainment, etc.  

Hi Terry, we go from Southampton to Copenhagen with stops in

Plymouth, UK

Cork, Ireland

Bantry, Ireland

Galway, Ireland

Killybegs, Ireland

Ullapool, UK

Scrabster, Scotland

Skagen, Denmark

ending in Copenhagen

And we have 3 sea days in between and no, I have never visited any of these places before so looking forward to seeing all new spots🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I will be on Silver Dawn at the beginning of August.  I will have to take notes so that I can post the current situations on entertainment, evening wear and food on the relevant threads!  😆

• Like 2

Just now, Port Power said:

I will be on Silver Dawn at the beginning of August.  I will have to take notes so that I can post the current situations on entertainment, evening wear and food on the relevant threads!  😆

Have a wonderful time🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Plymouth, UK

Cork, Ireland

Bantry, Ireland

Galway, Ireland

Killybegs, Ireland

Ullapool, UK

Scrabster, Scotland

Skagen, Denmark

ending in Copenhagen

And we have 3 sea days in between and no, I have never visited any of these places before so looking forward to seeing all new spots🙂

Hi Lois, your entertainment may be a little different from the normal Silversea offerings.British "stars" Katherine Jenkins, Lulu and Aled Jones are scheduled to perform &  for those lucky/unlucky in the higher priced staterooms "meet & greets "

:)

29 minutes ago, shamansue said:

Hi Lois, your entertainment may be a little different from the normal Silversea offerings.British "stars" Katherine Jenkins, Lulu and Aled Jones are scheduled to perform &  for those lucky/unlucky in the higher priced staterooms "meet & greets "

🙂

Oh wow...I love Lulu! I remember her from "To Sir With Love"..........what a memory! Sidney Poitier was amazing too🙂 I should say what a movie!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pdaniel said:

Please link or provide info to the “reported elsewhere” and can you elaborate on the problems?  

Thank you

I was on the World Cruise and I know I mentioned that the new concept had started from the time we boarded as did others here and in the place whose name isn’t mentioned. The problems I saw were first, with the vocalists. One had personal  issues at home and had to leave the ship for a time, as well as health issues after they returned. With just one vocalist remaining the planned shows were generally not possible as there was no one able to step in. Second, the six dancers did not have the breadth of skills to take work pressure off the CD in related areas eg hosting some late night events such as Name That Tune etc.  From the chatter around the ship there were other issues which I won’t go into. While there was a big up-step in skills, I’m sure Silversea will still be working on refining the new approach. 

Edited by turtlemichael

Thanking everyone for their Input as to the current situation - clearly its a ' Work in Progress ' and more will be hopefully revealed in due course. Interesting that on The Silver Dawn now, a Group of Voices of Silversea seem to be back, presumably performing the existing long running series of Production Shows.

Edited by Mayflower1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, we go from Southampton to Copenhagen with stops in Plymouth, UK; Cork, Ireland; Bantry, Ireland; Galway, Ireland; Killybegs, Ireland; Ullapool, UK; Scrabster, Scotland; Skagen, Denmark; ending in Copenhagen

Looks like an interesting itinerary for Lois in doing Ireland, Scotland and these other locations.  Been in and around for a few and some of these good and stimulating locations.  

Look forward to following along as you travel and hopefully post a small sampling of the sights and experiences.  Appreciate the other details shared as to the entertainment future and other options on these upcoming Silversea sailings.  Fun!!

On 7/14/2023 at 12:03 PM, Lois R said:

Plymouth, UK

Cork, Ireland

Bantry, Ireland

Galway, Ireland

Killybegs, Ireland

Ullapool, UK

Scrabster, Scotland

Skagen, Denmark

ending in Copenhagen

I think you travel solo, Lois. I do as well and will be on this voyage, also the prior one in Norway with a friend. Hope to meet you at a singles get-together in Dolce Vita.

Fiona

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

I think you travel solo, Lois. I do as well and will be on this voyage, also the prior one in Norway with a friend. Hope to meet you at a singles get-together in Dolce Vita.

Fiona

Great🙂 see you there!