Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

In 2020, we booked the Central Park View Interior for a grand total for 2 people of $2024.10. That same room on this cruise (1 less day) $2419.32. Not that bad of an increase really, but since then, we've been doing JS minimum and that's definitely where the prices have gone absolutely crazy.

Suite GTY: $5912.32 (total for 2)

JS: $7018.32

GS1: $11,251.32

Star class basically starts at $10,000/person

We splurged on the GS (to get full suite perks). There's 8 straight sea days, and I think we might spend more time in our cabin than usual.

Would have probably considered the Sky JS if they included the WiFi. It's $750 more than the JS, and the WiFi would probably be in the neighborhood of $300. At that point figured, what the heck.

Though just with standard Inflation Rate a Ship Booked in 2019 what paid then $2024.10 is $2441.81 today. Not even counting the high demand of Royal Ship's running average now of 120% capacity or the demand of Icon. I remember when I started Cruising Royal a 7n in an OV was $3600 for the 2 of us, Today with Inflation that money is equal $9773. We were really spoiled with low prices pre-CV and even lower during start up. But w/o that the Demand is there and people willing to pay these High prices. For me, I'll stick with Radiance Class, a lot lower(over half) on my Sailings/dates doing longer Cruises that I like

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, steveandjen said:

Hi Everyone!  Do you think RC will be offering those 10/11 night cruises from Miami down to Panama like Jan 2025?  I thought those would have been released last night and want to book.

"Might" get some more today, I'm hoping. Still have a couple Ships unaccounted for as where/what doing. 

13 hours ago, RobInMN said:

These 12 & 13 night cruises kind piss me off with the Stockholder's OBC. Because it's $100 for 6-13 nights, but $250 for 14+. I wish they would just do a daily pro-rate.

Completely agree!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

In 2020, we booked the Central Park View Interior for a grand total for 2 people of $2024.10. That same room on this cruise (1 less day) $2419.32. Not that bad of an increase really, but since then, we've been doing JS minimum and that's definitely where the prices have gone absolutely crazy.

Suite GTY: $5912.32 (total for 2)

JS: $7018.32

GS1: $11,251.32

Star class basically starts at $10,000/person

We splurged on the GS (to get full suite perks). There's 8 straight sea days, and I think we might spend more time in our cabin than usual.

Would have probably considered the Sky JS if they included the WiFi. It's $750 more than the JS, and the WiFi would probably be in the neighborhood of $300. At that point figured, what the heck.

I know.  We paid just under $10,000 total for our Owner's Suite on Wonder.  We spent a ton of time in it and it was worth every penny.  

So just confirming.  Since I booked a junior suite for just myself I will get double double points for the sailing?  So 4 points per day correct?

5 minutes ago, Teeara said:

So just confirming.  Since I booked a junior suite for just myself I will get double double points for the sailing?  So 4 points per day correct?

People throw around the term double pts because they are lazy at math. 3 pts total possible. Not 4. Simple addition, not multiplication. Saying 1 extra pt for each I guess is longer to type. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

People throw around the term double pts because they are lazy at math. 3 pts total possible. Not 4. Simple addition, not multiplication. Saying 1 extra pt for each I guess is longer to type. 

Correct. Royal really does themselves a huge disservice here when they actually use the term "Double" in some places.

There was a long thread during COVID and before the restart when Royal ran the "Double Points" promo and some people were thinking they might get up to 8 points per night (it was 6 max). Until the restart happened, and people actually received the points, the arguing went on & on.

54 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

"Might" get some more today, I'm hoping. Still have a couple Ships unaccounted for as where/what doing. 

Holding out but do not want to wait too long as the pricing for other cruises released are all pretty high and waiting usually means higher pricing and as we are in Canada... the pricing is all a lot higher than what our US friends are paying in US dollars.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It is double points though. One extra point if you're sailing solo.

Then there's the extra point for a suite unrelated to solo status.

Yes, the "Double Points' promo was double (x2) the points.

When I say they do themselves a disservice by using the term "double" is referring to the lazy website designers.

"You’ll earn one Cruise Point for every night you sail with us, and double points when you book a Suite."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society

And the FAQ even puts it in ALL CAPS:

"Cruise Points are the way you earn membership status in the Crown & Anchor Society. You can earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us, and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/cruise-points-benefits

But #36 in the T&C fine print says:

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

This is more accurate. While 1 + 1 does equal 1 * 2, so using the term "double" has the same result as saying "extra", when you consider the additional "solo in a double" point, saying a suite is "double" is no longer accurate.

(1[base] + 1[solo]) + 1[suite] does not equal (1[base] + 1[solo]) * 2[suite]

This is where the arguing pre-startup came from when you drop the "Double points" on top of it.

Sure, you could go this way:

(1[base] * 2[suite]) + 1[solo]

But simply dropping the use of "double" for the more accurate "extra" removes all ambiguity.

#36 is also the only place I can find the solo in a double:

"and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms."

Both the suite and the solo are both "an extra", neither are "double".

17 hours ago, patattack said:

I am watching for the Jewel for 2025 or 2026 out of Amsterdam.  I sure wished I had booked it this year.

I still have hope. They have to send Jewel somewhere in the month April- september. So why not Amsterdam? Maybe she cannot go into the fjords anymore, but what about the British Isles and Iceland? Are those itenararies not profitable anymore and will she be send somewhere else? But if they will, why did they not already let us know?

I think they are still figuring out their best move and nothing is decided yet. 

IMG_0019.jpeg

• Like 1

When I say they do themselves a disservice by using the term "double" is referring to the lazy website designers.

"You’ll earn one Cruise Point for every night you sail with us, and double points when you book a Suite."

"Cruise Points are the way you earn membership status in the Crown & Anchor Society. You can earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us, and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite."

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

This is more accurate. While 1 + 1 does equal 1 * 2, so using the term "double" has the same result as saying "extra", when you consider the additional "solo in a double" point, saying a suite is "double" is no longer accurate.

This is where the arguing pre-startup came from when you drop the "Double points" on top of it.

But simply dropping the use of "double" for the more accurate "extra" removes all ambiguity.

"and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms."

My head is spinning.  Can’t count that high!😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Got the Bermuda cruise we’re hoping for. Fare is sky high so we will hope for price drops!

If Celebrity interests you then I suggest checking them out. We booked the Silhouette in the retreat to Bermuda out of NJ for seven nights and it ends up being a better value than what the Liberty would be on a per day basis as it includes the premium drink package and premium WiFi. This was for the May 2025 time period.

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

3 points

1 base point

1 suite point

1 solo point

Thanks for the clarification everyone.  This is a first for me so I wasn't sure how it worked.  It will still push me over the top to make Diamond Plus on the cruise.

All of that reminds me of Clue:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

And do we have any idea what ship it will be if not Navigator?

One rumor I heard, though it doesn't make a lot of sense, is that Anthem will eventually be in LA.  It's scheduled for the summer 2025 Alaska season so it would have to be after that (barring some major itinerary/ship changes to that Alaska season).  I personally don't put a lot of stock in this theory but it did come third hand from a guy who likes to mention how tall he is while standing in showers so maybe there's something to it.

Ovation is the other rumor that's been floated around here, but I put even less faith in that particular theory now that Ovation's 2025 TP's have now been canceled.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3