Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

5 hours ago, steveandjen said:

Holding out but do not want to wait too long as the pricing for other cruises released are all pretty high and waiting usually means higher pricing and as we are in Canada... the pricing is all a lot higher than what our US friends are paying in US dollars.

I've noticed the same.  Better to pay in USD with a Canadian CC that doesn't charge an exchange fee? But usually those don't come with good travel insurance 🤔 

7 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Yes, the "Double Points' promo was double (x2) the points.

When I say they do themselves a disservice by using the term "double" is referring to the lazy website designers.

"You’ll earn one Cruise Point for every night you sail with us, and double points when you book a Suite."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society

And the FAQ even puts it in ALL CAPS:

"Cruise Points are the way you earn membership status in the Crown & Anchor Society. You can earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us, and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/cruise-points-benefits

But #36 in the T&C fine print says:

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

This is more accurate. While 1 + 1 does equal 1 * 2, so using the term "double" has the same result as saying "extra", when you consider the additional "solo in a double" point, saying a suite is "double" is no longer accurate.

(1[base] + 1[solo]) + 1[suite] does not equal (1[base] + 1[solo]) * 2[suite]

This is where the arguing pre-startup came from when you drop the "Double points" on top of it.

Sure, you could go this way:

(1[base] * 2[suite]) + 1[solo]

But simply dropping the use of "double" for the more accurate "extra" removes all ambiguity.

#36 is also the only place I can find the solo in a double:

"and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms."

Both the suite and the solo are both "an extra", neither are "double".

4 hours ago, Teeara said:

All of that reminds me of Clue:

All the above and still everyone knows "Points Don't Matter" !!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, im2grt2b4got said:

I thought wonder of the seas for July 2025 would be open already. Anyone got info on that?

The issue with Wonder is that it is likely doing a few more months of 7N’s until Star takes over at PC & then it will be doing 3/4 short cruises so it fits into multiple release categories. Check back next week.

Glad to see two ships out of San Juan again. Hopefully with the new public private partnership that was given a go this week the piers will be upgraded for home porting larger ships.

Quickly after the announcement I booked a Brilliance sailing to Bonaire/Curaçao/Aruba/Tortola as I've never been to Tortola and I love the ABC islands for $3600 for a balcony. Kinda steep to be honest. Will keep checking if prices drop as it's a very very long wait for the sailing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

Does It seems strange that Odyssey only shows cruises until Feb 2026? It the past, the Anthem showed cruises to the April/May timeframe, just before she left for European season.

She's due for her first dry dock around March 2026.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She's due for her first dry dock around March 2026.

I’m suspecting Oddysey might come to Singapore for drydock, before or after starting a season here! It seems similar to what Anthem and the other Quantum class ships have done in the past. Also there’s only 2 more Q class ships that have yet to have their itinerary announced. 

Edited by Ethanol95

41 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I’m suspecting Oddysey might come to Singapore for drydock, before or after starting a season here! It seems similar to what Anthem and the other Quantum class ships have done in the past. Also there’s only 2 more Q class ships that have yet to have their itinerary announced. 

She will not go from New York to Singapore for drydock if same is possible in Cadiz before her usual Europe season in Summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

She will not go from New York to Singapore for drydock if same is possible in Cadiz before her usual Europe season in Summer. 

That’s what I’m saying. It may be that she might have her plans switched up and not do her normal summer Europe season. 

6 hours ago, Twenty2020 said:

Just me or prices look just as brutal as ever? Not seeing any group rates at this point either that are appealing. $3500 balconies on Brilliance for NE/Canada. Yikes. 

Prices are insane.  No way would I pay $3,500 for a port heavy itinerary like NE/Canada.  Especially if it was an October sailing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

Prices are insane.  No way would I pay $3,500 for a port heavy itinerary like NE/Canada.  Especially if it was an October sailing.

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but don't you pay FOR a port heavy itinerary?  I'm looking at the NJ sailings and the Canada one is the only one even remotely appealing.  I can only do PC\Nassau\coco cay so many times (once...once was enough) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but don't you pay FOR a port heavy itinerary?  I'm looking at the NJ sailings and the Canada one is the only one even remotely appealing.  I can only do PC\Nassau\coco cay so many times (once...once was enough) 

You do, but $3,500 for a balcony seems an awful lot.  How long is the cruise and when is it sailing?  You’ll also pay more for a longer cruise during peak fall foliage.  And even then there is no guarantee you’ll be there for peak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I can only do PC\Nassau\coco cay so many times (once...once was enough)

Ports shmorts. Come on... you just sail for Sorrento's with your son. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

You do, but $3,500 for a balcony seems an awful lot.  How long is the cruise and when is it sailing?  You’ll also pay more for a longer cruise during peak fall foliage.  And even then there is no guarantee you’ll be there for peak.

Yeah, the prices are really high.... and the funny thing is, I'd love to do the Canada trip, but I'd rather do it in like June or July, when the weather would be real nice up there, and not on the cooler side. 

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You got that right!! And mini golf... that's the ONE thing kind of keeping me from booking Odyssey! My kid might be devastated with no mini golf....but bumper cars would likely fix that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This was our dilemma this week that we batted back and forth for more than an hour when the deployment dropped.

If it were just my wife and I, we'd be on Liberty's 9-nighter out of Cape Liberty going down to the Caribbean. Yeah, we've done a lot of the ports before, but it's been a while since we've done San Juan and Bermuda (though we're doing St. Maarten this summer on Icon).

But what our son wants wins out...so we're doing the PC/Nassau/Coco run on Symphony. Better food & activities for the youngins. Kid's too spoiled with Oasis this past summer, Icon next summer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, im2grt2b4got said:

I thought wonder of the seas for July 2025 would be open already. Anyone got info on that?

I was wondering the same thing about when they will post summer 2025 Wonder sailings.

1 minute ago, gonole1972 said:

I was wondering the same thing about when they will post summer 2025 Wonder sailings.

See my response to the post you quoted if you didn't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

But what our son wants wins out...so we're doing the PC/Nassau/Coco run on Symphony. Better food & activities for the youngins. Kid's too spoiled with Oasis this past summer, Icon next summer.

See...I'd LOVE to do Symphony, as I want to check out another Oasis class ship. We did Oasis twice last year-same thing, now our son is spoiled, hoping this summer on Liberty isn't a let down for him,lol.  I'm cool with going to the same ports once or twice in a short span, but my wife is really weird about it and is basically shooting Symphony down since its "the same exact cruise, on almost the exact same ship as we did in October"  So now I'm looking at the Liberty to Boston\Canada trips, or maybe I can talk her in to at least trying Odyssey later in the year, it's the "same cruise" again (PC, Nassau, Coco Cay) but at least I can probably convince her it's a completely different ship!   My kid, on the other hand really doesn't seem to care as long as it has pizza. 

• Like 1

2 questions...

1) Grandeur is offering a few stops at Key West in the Summer of 2025 - do you think more will be offered on other ship? Going forward Grandeur is offering Roatan, Belize, Cozumel or Costa Maya on repeat?  and

2) Any guess what is happening to Radiance post Alaska?