Duckies coming soon to......

On 7/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

We don’t look for ducks, but when we find them accidentally we take them home and hide them on our next cruise, on a different cruise line and ship.

So do most folks simply "re-hide" them on the same voyage, take to hide on a different voy, or simply take them (or ignore them)?  Just curious.

12 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

So do most folks simply "re-hide" them on the same voyage, take to hide on a different voy, or simply take them (or ignore them)?  Just curious.

I have no idea, lol.  We are retired, so no kids who would be interested, and live in a condo, so no room for extra or silly things. We might be the only people with senses of humor odd enough to hide them on other cruise lines. 

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have no idea, lol.  We are retired, so no kids who would be interested, and live in a condo, so no room for extra or silly things. We might be the only people with senses of humor odd enough to hide them on other cruise lines. 

I get it!!!   We just normally re-hide them on same voy/ship for someone else to find - I'd forget to take it on the next voy LOL

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

All the other cruise lines have duck hiders and hunters, too!

( I believe it was started by a 10 year old girl on a Carnival ship)

No offence - but why are these ducks still a thing with ADULTS? Do people actually take the time and effort to pack them up, take them home, and then throw them out because they serve absolutely no purpose?

Edited by RD64
Additional
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RD64 said:

No offence - but why are these ducks still a thing with ADULTS? Do people actually take the time and effort to pack them up, take them home, and then throw them out because they serve absolutely no purpose?

We hand out the majority of the ones we find to kids onboard who haven't found any.  Some make it home.

If you're not interested....walk on by.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RD64 said:

Tell me you're from Toronto without telling me you're from Toronto 😉

12 hours ago, RD64 said:

It is fun hiding and finding the ducks! Remember hiding and finding Easter eggs? It’s just like that. Even the staff collect them. We are ready to hide this bunch on our upcoming NOS cruise. 

IMG_4151.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m not from Toronto, and I don’t understand it. 

Or London 😉

Just means that you're no fun. Live a little 😛  

Or not... up to you. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Or London 😉

Just means that you're no fun. Live a little 😛  

Or not... up to you. 

Different strokes is what it comes down too. Nothing wrong with it for either side of the discussion. 

I just keep reading the thread title and think it says Dookies coming soon to......” 😆

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 12:14 PM, STEVE-O said:

Anyone here with kiddos going to be on Radiance during those dates?

Very appropriate to have the Ducks while cruising the Oregon coast (stopping in Astoria) on Radiance Sep 19 - Oct 7.  We live in Duck country.

We will be on the cruise and two of our "older kiddos" are Duck alumns, but not coming along on this cruise with us... Figure if we forgot anything for the cruise the duck alums can just meet us in Astoria 🙂

• Like 1