Wi Fi Question

espmass

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Booked on Ascent for 2024 and I see I can purchase the upgraded Premium Wifi package.  However, I cannot find where I can purchase the Basic Wifi package and I did not take the All Inclusive so it is not included.  Am I missing it?  Thanks.

• Like 1

As of Jun 1, you can no longer purchase Basic Wi-Fi ala carte--your only option is Premium Wi-Fi.

Basic Wi-Fi still comes as part of the Always Included cruise fare--from which you can buy an upgrade to Premium.

Here is Celebrity's official flyer on this change: link

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

Due to a recent change you can no longer purchase Basic Wifi.   If you don't purchase all inclusive you can now only purchase Premium.  The good news is they dropped the price of Premium WiFi.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lel5344 said:

We purchased our cruise before June 1 so we get basic wi-fi. Do we get it for one device each? or for just one device per stateroom?

You will get it for one device for each person.   You can log on and off and then switch devices.  For example, you could log on with your MacBook and then log off and then sign on to your iPhone.  One device at a time...

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't need to get on the internet at all -- does the Celebrity App work on the ship's WiFi without any type of WiFi package (Basic or Premium)?  

I have pre-booked some excursions for our cruise.  When I sign onto the Celebrity App with my login, none of our reservations show on the daily calendar on the App.  When my husband logs into the App, the booked excursions do show up under his login -- even though I was the one who purchased them.  I called Celebrity weeks ago  and they said it would be reported to their IT department.  Our cruise is the end of December 2023.

Also interesting is that without having the wifi package, the X app will allow you to chat "in-app" with persons in your party. 

At least a couple of months ago it worked out this way for me.

and @espmass

If your cruise is only in 2024 I'd take the 'risk' and wait for the next sale to come online, you might get a proper discount on the wifi.

Just last week they were selling at 50%

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 9:15 AM, SmilingOctopus said:

and @espmass

If your cruise is only in 2024 I'd take the 'risk' and wait for the next sale to come online, you might get a proper discount on the wifi.

Just last week they were selling at 50%

Good advise.  Black Friday sails are usually where we find some good discounts.