Vista Suites

propwash

3 minutes ago, propwash said:

We're thinking of doing the Canal from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale in January on the Zaandam. Do the Vista suites have the same cruising day bonus as the Signature and Neptune?

Thanks

Danny

Yes

Yes and the Vista Suites on Zaandam and Volendam are the only cabins except for Neptune and higher that have a balcony. We are booked in a Vista next year on the Volendam. We booked the Volendam and added Club Orange to get the free upgraded cabin, we went from a B Category in the aft end of the ship to a midship A category.  The upgrade paid for CO because we would have booked the A cabin without CO,

27 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yes and the Vista Suites on Zaandam and Volendam are the only cabins except for Neptune and higher that have a balcony. We are booked in a Vista next year on the Volendam. We booked the Volendam and added Club Orange to get the free upgraded cabin, we went from a B Category in the aft end of the ship to a midship A category.  The upgrade paid for CO because we would have booked the A cabin without CO,

I did the same thing. I tend to book early, so there's no problem getting the upgrade I want. As a solo, I would have paid double the difference in fare because of the single supplement, but CO does not have a single supplement. One of the few bargains for a solo!

• Like 2

Crystalspin - We have received the double days perk every time after upselling to Vista Suites and Neptune Suites from original bookings of Ocean or Verandah cabins. We have either received emails from HAL to upgrade (for a cost)  or after I have called the HAL Inventory Dept. the week before the cruises to pay for upgrades. So you are incorrect in saying you must book a Vista Suite on original booking.

47 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Crystalspin - We have received the double days perk every time after upselling to Vista Suites and Neptune Suites from original bookings of Ocean or Verandah cabins. We have either received emails from HAL to upgrade (for a cost)  or after I have called the HAL Inventory Dept. the week before the cruises to pay for upgrades. So you are incorrect in saying you must book a Vista Suite on original booking.

@crystalspin is not incorrect. What she explained is how it normally works.

If you were in a Verandah on an R or S class ship, they are all Vista Suites so you would have had double points before you were up sold to the the Neptune Suite.

A number of years ago, I do believe you could get double points on an upsell but that was removed way back.  If you got double points on genuine upsells from an OV to a Vista Suite with the current rules,  you have been very lucky.  it doesn’t happen normally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Djptcp said:

I also agree with @crystalspin  I’ve also recently confirmed with the Mariner Society about upsells & nothing has changed.  You perhaps have just been extremely lucky. She is not incorrect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 11:48 AM, Djptcp said:

So you are incorrect in saying you must book a Vista Suite on original booking.

Real recent experience:

Booked VF Verandah for March 2023 Oosterdam cruise.

Received and took upgrade offer for Signature Suite.

No double mariner points.  @crystalspin is correct as far as my past and recent (March 2023)  experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Real recent experience:

Booked VF Verandah for March 2023 Oosterdam cruise.

Received and took upgrade offer for Signature Suite.

No double mariner points.  @crystalspin is correct as far as my past and recent (March 2023)  experience. 

Same for us April/May 2023 Eurodam - booked Verandah, upsell to Signature Suite, no double Mariner points. Didn't expect them due to the policy & previous experience,  so not disappointed. 

I would have considered blessed to be gifted with bonus days points like @Djptcpreceived. Did you play the lottery to take advantage of the lucky gift? 🤭

• Haha 2