Eden tasting menu

Tony UK

On my app it s showing a tasting menu for Eden. It isnt on the online manage my booking. The price shown is much higher than the chefs table or Le voyage tasting....can that be right? Has anyone experienced it?

We enjoyed this a few months ago on Edge, I believe. It was fabulous; same price as the fixed price. Enjoyed seven courses (smaller versions of menu items), we each picked one item of each course so we could sample everything. There was a wine pairing offered which did almost double the price (maybe that is what you are seeing?), but we decided to just order two bottles (at sommelier's recommendation). 

I would recommend it just to sample almost every dish.

• Like 1

On the app it is showing $60 a la carte and $160 for tasting menu. Wine pairing isnt mentioned but the price doesnt make any sense otherwise!

W tend not to do wine pairing. We have a premium drink package so thats usuallly sufficient!

We really look forward to dining in Eden so I hope to try the tasting menu

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

we made a res for EDEN .

not adventurous  but heard it has great food and service

can we just do the regular menu?

Yes, you can do the regular menu for $60 plus 20% tip.  Plenty of food on the regular menu.  I recommend the crab cake or shrimp dish appetizer and the Nova Scotia lobster casserole.  Excellent.  Make your reservation early as it fills up rapidly.

2 hours ago, Tony UK said:

On the app it is showing $60 a la carte and $160 for tasting menu. Wine pairing isnt mentioned but the price doesnt make any sense otherwise!

W tend not to do wine pairing. We have a premium drink package so thats usuallly sufficient!

We really look forward to dining in Eden so I hope to try the tasting menu

Maybe things are done differently now; but that was our experience. Either way, it is a beautiful venue with amazing service and dishes! Enjoy!

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Yes, you can do the regular menu for $60 plus 20% tip.  Plenty of food on the regular menu.  I recommend the crab cake or shrimp dish appetizer and the Nova Scotia lobster casserole.  Excellent.  Make your reservation early as it fills up rapidly.

We are pre-booked and pre-paid.. dh will love the crab cakes if it has no lobster in it..he is allergic,,probably we will try some meat dishes....and the interesting desserts

The tasting menu does include wine pairing.    I don't drink so the waitress said it wouldn't work but she would be glad to bring me as many entree's and starters as I wished and said she could have them downsize them.    

All I can say is just order a starter, main and desert was more than I could eat, but she did "screw up" and brought an extra entree and desert.    She chuckled and said you have to try this one.

• Like 2

We did the tasting menu on Edge back in May. It was excellent but I would say that you need a very large appetite. We ran out of steam before the end so didn't have room left for the lovely desserts and petit-fours (see below)! But I would still recommend it for the sense of occasion. They also have a vegetarian version.

image.thumb.png.3a2b26a32642a5671c6c06d822456122.png

image.png.73c190c54bfc45b27d5e37409fc4ef9f.png

• Like 2

looks amazing..I do not drink other than 1 or 2 diabetic cheats per cruise.

dh  would have a glass of wine or 2  and ..maybe dessert cordial

so tasting menu not  a good fit for us  but I think we will  def enjoy.  After several E class cruises,  this will be our first visit to EDEN. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

We did the tasting menu on Edge back in May. It was excellent but I would say that you need a very large appetite. We ran out of steam before the end so didn't have room left for the lovely desserts and petit-fours (see below)! But I would still recommend it for the sense of occasion. They also have a vegetarian version.

image.thumb.png.3a2b26a32642a5671c6c06d822456122.png

image.png.73c190c54bfc45b27d5e37409fc4ef9f.png

The dessert was the best part of my meal in Eden.  I don’t typically like or eat the desserts but I made an exception that night!   

• Like 1

On the Beyond, there were 2 menu options.  One was a la carte.  The other was a tasting menu with wine pairing.  One was $60 plus an add on tip (Total=$72) and the other was about double if I recall.  The people next to us did the wine pairing with food and there was alot of food.  

We each had one starter, one entree, and were ordered 3 desserts to share.  Then there were 'surprise' items brought out by a chef.  We enjoyed the view from the back of the ship.

• Like 1

Tasting menu requires wine pairing.  And if you don't have a drink package, it is $100 extra for the wine per person.   I think if you have premium drink package, you don't have to pay the extra $100.   We don't have a drink package and we don't drink alcohol at all, so we can't order the tasting menu.   It was disappointing.   

2 hours ago, UKDeb said:

Our party of 8 has booked Eden. Can we opt for the tasting menu on arrival or is it a different category of booking?

When we sat down, our server gave us 2 options.  One was the regular a la carte menu and the other was the Tasting Menu.  The Tasting Menu came with wine pairings and was a little over double the cost. 

14 hours ago, keesar said:

When we sat down, our server gave us 2 options.  One was the regular a la carte menu and the other was the Tasting Menu.  The Tasting Menu came with wine pairings and was a little over double the cost. 

Thanks, that's really helpful. The group we're travelling with loves a tasting menu with wine pairings. We've got the Premium Drinks Package so, going on previous posts in this thread, we should be covered.

14 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Photos taken by another cc member IMG_0405.png.383f06aa75af7f7906c01c8c1e98d818.png

IMG_0404.png.497edde651ba9aa1db267b150ab37182.png

Thanks for that. No one in our party is vegetarian but some of the options on the plant-based menu sound more interesting than the regular menu.

On 7/27/2023 at 12:32 PM, lostchild said:

Tasting menu requires wine pairing.  And if you don't have a drink package, it is $100 extra for the wine per person.   I think if you have premium drink package, you don't have to pay the extra $100.   We don't have a drink package and we don't drink alcohol at all, so we can't order the tasting menu.   It was disappointing.   

On the Beyond, the wines in the pairing were not covered by the Premium Package.  We were told that they are "unique" wines specifically chosen for the menu.  We were surprised to hear that.  At least that was the case on our cruise.  You had to pay the full amount and no discounts if you had a Plan.  We ordered a la carte and used our Plan and relied upon the expertise of the wine steward.  

Do you know if you can order the wines from the tasting menu pairing by the glass if you aren’t getting the tasting menu? Some of those pairing wines look more interesting than the wines on the normal by the glass list. 

1 hour ago, dacrow said:

Do you know if you can order the wines from the tasting menu pairing by the glass if you aren’t getting the tasting menu? Some of those pairing wines look more interesting than the wines on the normal by the glass list. 

We were told the options were either the $60 a la carte or the Tasting Menu with wine pairings.  I asked about using our drink plan on the Tasting Menu but was told 'no'.    On the a la carte menu, there was no problem ordering a couple of appetizers, desserts as we did that and shared.  This was on the Beyond.

6 hours ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, the wines in the pairing were not covered by the Premium Package.  We were told that they are "unique" wines specifically chosen for the menu.  We were surprised to hear that.  At least that was the case on our cruise.  You had to pay the full amount and no discounts if you had a Plan.  We ordered a la carte and used our Plan and relied upon the expertise of the wine steward.  

We were told the same - the pairing wines (which were very nice by the way) were not covered by the Premium Package.