Reflection November 19 Concierge Guarantee?

Nflder71

The concierge guarantee is a lower cost than the Prime Verandah. The cabins for the verandah are on the 9th deck close to the front. If we select the concierge guarantee, I’m a bit worried that we will get an obstructed view and be on a lower deck. At least with prime verandah we will know where our room is, even if it is right at the front! If I book the guarantee when do you find out what room you have? And if you don’t like the location can you switch?

It’s my understanding that you have to take the cabin you are assigned with a guarantee. You may luck out and get a great cabin, or maybe not. I always book the cabin I want and don’t look back.

• Like 1

Prime Verandas are on deck 6 through 9. Concierge is on 9 through 12 so there is no way you would be any lower than deck 9. There are no Concierge cabins classed as an obstruction although you may prefer some locations over others. But that risk is of course why it is priced lower as a GTY. That sailing is teetering on sold out so whatever you do I would make a decision quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Nflder71 said:

The concierge guarantee is a lower cost than the Prime Verandah. The cabins for the verandah are on the 9th deck close to the front. If we select the concierge guarantee, I’m a bit worried that we will get an obstructed view and be on a lower deck. At least with prime verandah we will know where our room is, even if it is right at the front! If I book the guarantee when do you find out what room you have? And if you don’t like the location can you switch?

Technically you are not allowed to switch once assigned.  Some have reported being able to do so by calling, but you can't count on it.

6 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Technically you are not allowed to switch once assigned.  Some have reported being able to do so by calling, but you can't count on it.

I was able to do it for my RCI cruise next month. Paid for inside GTY. They upgraded me to  GTY balcony and was assigned a spacious OV on deck 6 a few days ago. I actually called for another reason and mentioned cabin location and was upgraded to deck 8 so apparently can be done. 

19 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I was able to do it for my RCI cruise next month. Paid for inside GTY. They upgraded me to  GTY balcony and was assigned a spacious OV on deck 6 a few days ago. I actually called for another reason and mentioned cabin location and was upgraded to deck 8 so apparently can be done. 

RCI?

20 hours ago, Nflder71 said:

We just got our guaranteed veranda cabin assignment for the Equinox yesterday and were worried where we would be located.

We actually got an upgarde to Concierge a few cabins from center elevator banks.

Good Luck !

44 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

RCI?

Yep taking 11 yo  grandson for a 7 night Western Caribbean.  Not sure how they switched me to GTY balcony when I paid for inside but didn't ask????   I got cabin  assignment a few days ago then they upgraded to higher deck.  Spacious ocean view balcony so don't know if cabin is larger or deck. 

1 hour ago, Nflder71 said:

Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback! When do you find out about the room you are assigned if you book a guarantee?

I've had cabin assignments within 24 hours of booking but its been several years since then. On my cruise next month I booked mid May and cabin was assigned last week for August 19th cruise same day as I got my luggage tags and edocs. It may also be assigned at the pier. 

10 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

each time I was assigned I called to change cabins in the same category

I've been able to do that as well although one agent said once assigned you have to pay to make a change. Not true at all. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Experiences on a different line don’t really speak to what the OP can expect on Celebrity.

• Thanks 1