Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No.  They don't read them, and they don't care about them.  As I mentioned pages ago, they don't need loyal customers, because for every elite that is mad about the benefits reductions, there is a blue medallion cruiser ready to take that cabin.  They will also likely buy packages, and pay for casual dining, etc.

Princess does not care about your loyalty, or mine.  

That's absolutly true.

What makes it actually funny is when attending one of the Captains parties they still like to thank all their loyal customers and go on and on about all the benefits they receive.       😄LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, MissP22 said:

That's absolutly true.

What makes it actually funny is when attending one of the Captains parties they still like to thank all their loyal customers and go on and on about all the benefits they receive.       😄LOL

Which now the speech has shortened to less than 10 seconds since the benefits are almost all gone. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mtt said:

I have checked and yes the charge is in place for suites also I am afraid.

this is her reply

So if I read that correctly that's sweet guest now do have to pay that $5 RS charge if they are standard? WOW! That's terrible!!!!

13 minutes ago, dides said:

Just seen this key disclaimer underneath the Upgrade banner - the true picture will be under the Travel Summary section of your personaliser 

image.thumb.png.65d842efeb0c7207557c2d151dc0ad81.png

thanks will go look i am sure mine has it as well.  oh well i hope they change their view on suites as we are in a suite with the older plus pkg...booked the suite for this cruise for the benefit of having MDR brought to us in the cabin...sigh

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

So if I read that correctly that's sweet guest now do have to pay that $5 RS charge if they are standard? WOW! That's terrible!!!!

That's one word for it...despicable is another...talk about exposing the low-life underbelly of the beast...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

That's one word for it...despicable is another...talk about exposing the low-life underbelly of the beast...

Considering how much people pay to stay in those suites, it's so silly not to give them such a cheap simple benefit. Wonder if they will start charging for and labeling the suite breakfast as a casual dining experience with a fee???

I'm starting now to get worried about the $5 fee to deliver her Elite benefits of the mini bar set up if we want to switch things out, as well as complimentary afternoon tea in the cabin. I could see them saying the items are complimentary but delivery service will remain $5. In that case I feel like asking them,  that's fine where should I go to pick it up myself if that's the case. 

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 3

well i just checked our hawaii cruise that we booked in April of this year so well after their Dec 2022 date and went to the upgrade tab, then clicked the link for the travel summary and none of the new benefits are there so princess either hasnt updated it all yet or their confusing FAQ about no additional cost is wrong as we booked the hawaii with a suite on April 26 2023 to sail Feb 2025 with the plus package...will keep an eye on it

37 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Now, the reduction in times that we can go to Alfredo's/Gigi's (2 per sailing) is what is really stuck in my crawl.

Yep…and we got Plus50 so that means no included Alfredo’s/Gigi’s for us.  Aside from using Ocean Now, Alfredo’s was the thing we value.  But paying additional $10 a day for a week cruise doesn’t offset Alfredo’s twice. Don’t care about the premium desserts or fitness classes.  Happy to pick up medallion at port.  

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

As a Standard booker, the only real impact to us will be new a la carte costs to have lunch at Alfredo's/Gigi's.  I can live with that and don't see it as out of line with the other similar for-fee casual dining spots (sit-downs pretty much).  I am not surprised to see price increases.

I'm hopeing that what you posted is true as I haven't had the time to actually read every post in this thread. At first glance it appears that there ar many increases that would drive us away from Princess but I also can live with a charge for Alfredo's/Gigi's  😪 and room service since we don't use it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Considering how much people pay to stay in those suites, it's so silly not to give them such a cheap simple benefit. Wonder if they will start charging for and labeling the suite breakfast as a casual dining experience with a fee???

Good Lord, man!! Don't give them any ideas  😬

On 7/27/2023 at 11:47 AM, CalTexCruiser said:

Thanks.  Since I want to be Paul, I just paid Princess an additional $ 1,440 for my 12-day upcoming cruise to purchase Princess Plus.

Assuming you weren't planning on removing your $16 (or more) gratuities, you didn't really pay an additional $1440. You paid an additional $1056, because the $384 in gratuities you were going to pay anyway.

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

I'm hopeing that what you posted is true as I haven't had the time to actually read every post in this thread. At first glance it appears that there ar many increases that would drive us away from Princess but I also can live with a charge for Alfredo's/Gigi's  😪 and room service since we don't use it. 

Yes, That's pretty much the only changes for us standard people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Less included food options on Carnival?   Guy's burgers, Shaq's Big Chicken, Blue Iguana Cantina, the Deli, Pizza Pirate, Guy's Pig n Anchor BBQ, Chibang, Street Eats, Captains Pasta Bar at Cucina del Capitano, Java Blue Cafe take away.   There's a list of 10 free included food options, all available for lunch and 3 available for breakfast.   Carnival has more included food options than any other cruise line sailing.

I guess I was thinking of the pay per item room service and late night options, although they are bringing back a small buffet for late night. Also,  I don't think they offer mdr breakfast and lunch daily, like princess.  O know they have lots of food stations/venues besides the buffet. 

Some people are casual cruisers but still enjoy a sit down dining experience with fast casual food and service.  Many a thread telling people "where to go" if they wish to fashion themselves casually; well, two of the primary options are now removed. 

IJS. 

If I want to dine in a casual manner with sit down service and can't even get a pizza for the fam at Alfredos without a charge, I'm left with just the dining room. 

So for all of those who have no problem with the new charges, remember that when casually attired folks want to be served in the MDR. 

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

Good Lord, man!! Don't give them any ideas  😬

As mentioned earlier, doubtful anyone from corporate is reading this as they don't care to hear from passengers anyways just like their surveys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

As mentioned earlier, doubtful anyone from corporate is reading this as they don't care to hear from passengers anyways just like their surveys.

Oh, I know that...I was just kidding...should have used a different emoji...😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I am old enough and have cruised enough that as a free market consumer, I push back on price increases or things I just can't rationalize paying extra for.

For example, if I want a chi chi coffee in the afternoon, I put two teaspoons of International Delight Instant Mocha in my travel mug, drop by the HC for hot water, and then find a spot to relax.  I always pack a tin of two of the instant.

Sometimes I'll let it cool and then add a scoop of chocolate ice cream.

And here all along I thought I was the only one making up my homemade concoctions. 😄    I always add a little something "extra" I bring with me from home. 😉

15 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

How do we know that Princess employee is right?  How many times has wrong info been given?  People who book suites will have to wait to see what happens in the real world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dickinson said:

How do we know that Princess employee is right?  How many times has wrong info been given?  People who book suites will have to wait to see what happens in the real world.

I can't wait to join the ship this Sunday. I will be picking the brains of a few people who I am very friendly with how are higher ups onboard. I also want to be surprised if they don't find out until closer to the start date that their ship will be implementing these. A lot of times these crew are some of the last to know. 

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

@Jeter02 Can you report back to us?  Are you doing a live from

Absolutely! Yes I was planning on it. I'll be onboard the Discovery for 2 weeks. I head out tomorrow to Seattle, and join the ship Sunday. So stay tuned.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Some people are casual cruisers but still enjoy a sit down dining experience with fast casual food and service.  Many a thread telling people "where to go" if they wish to fashion themselves casually; well, two of the primary options are now removed. 

IJS. 

If I want to dine in a casual manner with sit down service and can't even get a pizza for the fam at Alfredos without a charge, I'm left with just the dining room. 

So for all of those who have no problem with the new charges, remember that when casually attired folks want to be served in the MDR. 

But from Princess' point of view, they might not care. Say you're a standard passenger who doesn't drink enough to make the Plus package worthwhile. I'm not privy to Princess' accounting, but perhaps they only break even on the cruise fare for such passengers. Or maybe they even lose money? Maybe they view standard passengers as a drain who by take up cabins which could otherwise have been sold to more profitable passengers.

That said, a standard passenger could be spending enough gambling, or on shore excursions, or in the shops to make them more worthwhile to Princess.

• Like 2