Allure Coastal Kitchen

1 minute ago, johnstoc13 said:

We are booked in a Junior Suite in October on Allure of the Seas. Are we still able to dine at Coastal Kitchen, as long as there is availability?

Yes, go to CK when you board and ask for whatever dinner reservations you would like. Depending on availability, they will handle it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnstoc13 said:

We are booked in a Junior Suite in October on Allure of the Seas. Are we still able to dine at Coastal Kitchen, as long as there is availability? Couldn't find anything recent on this topic. Thanks!

Yes, but since you can't pre-book, you need to make going to the restaurant for reservations your priority on embarkation day. 

• Like 4

We have not sailed on Royal since 2016. I'm looking at sailing with my aunt and her family. I'm thinking of booking a GS. As my assigned dining would be Coastal Kitchen. I see the 1st night of the cruise has prime rib in the MDR. Can I order off the MDR menu in coastal kitchen? Can we join our family of 7 in the MDR for the 1st night only? I looked at Chops Grille, but did not see prime rib on the menu. Or will I have to order room service to get prime rib the 1st evening?

16 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We have not sailed on Royal since 2016. I'm looking at sailing with my aunt and her family. I'm thinking of booking a GS. As my assigned dining would be Coastal Kitchen. I see the 1st night of the cruise has prime rib in the MDR. Can I order off the MDR menu in coastal kitchen? Can we join our family of 7 in the MDR for the 1st night only? I looked at Chops Grille, but did not see prime rib on the menu. Or will I have to order room service to get prime rib the 1st evening?

1. Your "assigned dining" will not be CK. You will be assigned an MDR table like everyone else. You have to make CK reservations if you want to eat dinner there (this can be done pre-cruise via e-mail with the suite concierges for as many or as few nights as you like).

2. We were able to order certain items from the MDR in CK on Wonder last month but this varies. You can ask and your request may or may not be granted.

3. They have filet mignon in CK on night one and I strongly suggest ordering that over any cut of meat you will find in the MDR. I'm not even a huge filet fan (I prefer a fattier cut like a ribeye) but the CK filet is excellent and the MDR is well... not great, IMO.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just to advise  diamond + usually restricted to dinner space available only .Have dinned in coastal for lunch mostly on   seven cruises this year  on allure, harmony,wonder  and with seven days  they had some dinners open. We are on the first 5 day on allure  on Oct.25 and three more 3 & 4  day after when she gets to Canaveral.Have a lot more pinnacles using canaveral and with only three days  or four  expect dinner and lunch to be used more. First night now is the  filet and lately  dinner is full.Our good friend is the OIC of all specialty restaurants on the Allure and  have not gotten the word either on the Pinnacle  vouchers  for the specialty   restaurants  with the shorter  cruises. With the cheaper pricing on suites changing to 3 & 4 days  they should all be full and many first time full suite crusiers so dinner might be a premium

Edited by villager70
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2023 at 7:26 AM, johnstoc13 said:

We are booked in a Junior Suite in October on Allure of the Seas. Are we still able to dine at Coastal Kitchen, as long as there is availability?

Couldn't find anything recent on this topic. Thanks!

JS you can eat in Coastal Kitchen for dinner only and if they have availability. You must make reservations with them once onboard. JS room keys do not work to open the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge doors so crew will need to let you in. JS does not offer breakfast or lunch access. 

On 7/29/2023 at 12:42 PM, OCSC Mike said:

1. Your "assigned dining" will not be CK. You will be assigned an MDR table like everyone else. You have to make CK reservations if you want to eat dinner there (this can be done pre-cruise via e-mail with the suite concierges for as many or as few nights as you like).

Actually having just sailed the Allure in a CLS, our assigned first dinner in the MDR was changed to MTD. 
When I question this.the response was 

“ You have CK, if you don’t want to eat there you are in MTD. I responded. 
“ What if I wanted to eat early with our nonsuite friends” . The response was “have them enjoy MTD with you”. 

So in the Allure your ASSIGNED table is no more. Having it happen to us. 

Do not know if others went thru this. 

Be safe. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

I was not impressed with CK dinners

And this is why food will always be so subjective. We ate in CK all 7 nights on Wonder in June and our family of 8 felt the meals ranged from good to great.

That said, I'll also be happily eating in the WJ, MDR (not a big fan), and mostly other included venues on my next several cruises. Everyone has their preferences.

• Like 2