New Menus coming soon??

43 minutes ago, amcco said:

IMG_8932.thumb.jpeg.da6f9fd841b4cdab568d637a28a21263.jpegIMG_8933.thumb.jpeg.5f885df736f99d6b0eb8b834ca9cc26b.jpeg

I have a Transatlantic cruise booked on 2024 on Ascent.  If this is the type of menu we can expect in the MDRs then I will cancel the cruise and switch to a different cruise line. (thank goodness I booked a fully refundable fare) This menu is appalling.🤮

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I have a Transatlantic cruise booked on 2024 on Ascent.  If this is the type of menu we can expect in the MDRs then I will cancel the cruise and switch to a different cruise line. (thank goodness I booked a fully refundable fare) This menu is appalling.🤮

Pretty similar to the Summit.  Very few choices and the few choices were not too good.  I let them know about it in my after cruise survey today.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, sunlover33 said:

I know the quality of food is declining but If I am served this in the MDR on Millennium it will be sent back. School dinners looked better than this!  I read about the ice cream scoop of mash and the recurring carrot sticks and green beans, but seeing it in reality is dreadful. Just wondering how many complain to the Maitre D’ and if anything is done about it? Or do most just complain post cruise? After 20+ years of cruising if this is the best they can do then our cruising days with X will be over. 

The ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes is exactly how my husband described it.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 7:11 AM, BridgeMates said:

Funny you mention the Butter.....We definitely noticed the difference in quality on the Silhouette last

November.   Celebrity had been using a brand called "Presidente."   It's now like you said, some kind of margarine and not very good.  More cost-cutting I guess.  Most people probably won't even notice. 😄

Presidente butter is from France.  Expensive in US grocery stores

25 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

Yep not impressed at all. It’s going to be an interesting cruise if they actually switch to this permanently. On the app they are now showing a large vegetarian section so that might help (if you like mushrooms lol)

It's why it's the OVC all the way for us.

We like a varied buffet selection enjoyed at leisure in our expandable-waistline shorts and loose-fitting T-shirts. It's rare the nights we don't make at least three visits to sup at the waterhole.

Top-notch curries or Asian food one night. A nice beef carvery with mounds of roast potatoes the next.

My wife is a big dessert fan although you wouldn't think so with her svelte appearance. I'm definitely in the cheese, biscuits and chutney camp.

Then perhaps a nightcap or two smoking a cheroot and looking out at the starry night.

Tbh, this works much better for us on water than the MDR or handing over serious wonga for a 'speciality' restaurant.

Each to their own of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

It's why it's the OVC all the way for us.

We like a varied buffet selection enjoyed at leisure in our expandable-waistline shorts and loose-fitting T-shirts. It's rare the nights we don't make at least three visits to sup at the waterhole.

Top-notch curries or Asian food one night. A nice beef carvery with mounds of roast potatoes the next.

My wife is a big dessert fan although you wouldn't think so with her svelte appearance. I'm definitely in the cheese, biscuits and chutney camp.

Then perhaps a nightcap or two smoking a cheroot and looking out at the starry night.

Tbh, this works much better for us on water than the MDR or handing over serious wonga for a 'speciality' restaurant.

Each to their own of course.

You can also have your own table and a quiet conversation with your spouse in the OVC instead of the people sitting on top of you in the MDR or other dining room. 

• Like 3

Just now, Blueseas109 said:

You can also have your own table and a quiet conversation with your spouse in the OVC instead of the people sitting on top of you in the MDR or other dining room. 

Absolutely.

If we've partaken of a scoop or two before dinner I'm often prone to entertain her with some of my more risqué jokes and impressions. The one involving an elephant's trunk always reduces her to tears even after all these years. I'll wager it would raise an eyebrow or two in the MDR.

• Haha 1

I suppose the thing we find a bit bizarre is the idea of getting dressed up in our cabin and walking on carpets to a restaurant to be served food not too dissimilar and often with a lot less choice than you get in the buffet.

I completely understand that most passengers derive great pleasure from this.

But it just seems a lot of faff and rigmarole to eat some scran when you can just rock up to the buffet and pile up your plate with whatever you want.

I mean we all like getting dressed up for a night out Downtown but 14 nights on the trot ? Sometimes just a couple of slices of cheese on toast is all you want.

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueseas109 said:

This was our cruise last week on the Summit in the MDR.  Pretty cozy.  About 8 inches between tables.😳. We heard lots of neighboring conversations.IMG_0845.thumb.jpeg.8ff32386c3e8013ef025b210b4f52149.jpegIMG_0846.thumb.jpeg.dd85cf22e3dad85325591b35a3360718.jpeg

• Like 1

Pretty much all of the above is what we experienced on the Apex two weeks ago from the boarding school potato scoops to the limited menus. 

Our first night in Cosmopolitan was such a let down we cancelled all of our bookings there. The menu was uninspiring and extremely limited in choices for someone who is GF. The tables seemed even closer together than I remembered. I don’t know why Celebrity can’t remove some tables as the restaurant was never full anyway. I like meeting people but I don’t want to feel like I have to make conversation with strangers at every meal.

Tuscan was the worst with no GF options available on the specialty menu so it was back to the classic menu which was the same as the Cosmopolitan  - chicken or steak.

The vegetables at Tuscan were so undercooked they were difficult to cut. I quietly mentioned  this to the waiter when he noticed I hadn’t eaten them. Remember he asked, I didn’t make a fuss.  This led to an over the top response where the waiter brought the maitre d  over to investigate. Ten minutes later the maître d and waiter reappeared with an anxious looking chef sandwiched between them wanting to discuss my meal again. It was very uncomfortable for us seeing this man being publicly humiliated. The atmosphere in that restaurant was “off” and I don’t mean the decor. 

We’re not regular buffet diners of an evening but after canceling most of our MDR bookings we found the buffet had plenty of variety and we could actually find something we wanted to eat. This mixed in with a couple of specialty restaurant bookings became our new routine during this cruise. 
So different to our pre covid cruises. 

• Like 3

We ate in Blu for our last 2 cruises. The first one in July of 2022 was on the Constellation and the food was MEH. We ordered from the MDR several nights. Our second one was on the Silly in Jan/Feb and the food in Blu was fantastic. Our next cruises are  also in Blu on the Beyond then Luminae on the Ascent then the MDRs on the Apex. I'll be happy not to be planning, cooking and cleaning up our food and hope for the best.

I was told by a friend that the menu for the upcoming Equinox cruise was on the app.

Not really exciting and much different than we have had on past X cruises.

My experience is that what ever you see online is usually different on the cruise, slightly.

I hope so, the menu I saw on the app was not great, no lobster, no beef Wellington, unless you pay extra.

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

I was told by a friend that the menu for the upcoming Equinox cruise was on the app.

My experience is that what ever you see online is usually different on the cruise, slightly.

I hope so, the menu I saw on the app was not great, no lobster, no beef Wellington, unless you pay extra.

Go blue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

The current cruise on Equinox is a 6 night cruise therefore no Chic Night and no Lobster or Beef Wellington.   The menu is very uninspiring.  Some nights there is not one item I would want!  We will be on Equinox next month.

9 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Only if you can afford it. 

How did you know we’re out of state?

Well worth it, imho. He went on to get his masters at PhD at Stanford, and has now been at the same company for 26 years. He likes it there, and they like him.

He actually was sure he’d do grad school in Ann Arbor, as he thought getting into Stanford was a stretch. He’d probably still be on the faculty there, if he’d done that! 

20 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

We’re not regular buffet diners of an evening but after canceling most of our MDR bookings we found the buffet had plenty of variety and we could actually find something we wanted to eat.

Looks like the plan is working.  Reduce the number of waiters.

5 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

(As seen on app.) 
For anyone on board, is this true?  
I look forward to beef Wellington in the MDR.  

How much extra do they charge for it now???

From what I have seen its not available at all unless you go to Tuscan, maybe, there is a vegetable wellington available .