Coffee Mate??

trudelmj

14 minutes ago, tw0sugar5 said:

One of the people cruising with me prefers non-dairy creamer to half and half.  Personally I prefer non-laboratory creamer.

Post #2 shows that there is 5 gallons of milk sitting right above the coffeemate for you. With or without fat. Comes from a cow. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necromance this thread, but I just got off the Escape today and can confirm that the only place to get dairy milk for coffee is at the buffet or at the specialty cafe. (The Studio coffee machine also has whole milk that it foams for lattes and cappucinos). 

Trying to get cream or half and half at the MDR this morning for my coffee, with the waiter understanding what I wanted, only resulted in one of the Taste crew running up to the buffet to get a little carton of whole milk for me. The same at O'Sheehans, they had only CoffeeMate. I had brought my own Land O Lakes MiniMoos, but ran out this morning on disembarkation day and the Studio coffee machine was shut down.

(For the curious, I wound up going to the Starbucks to beg them for a "short" cup filled with half and half, which they did do for me, so kudos to them.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

Sorry to necromance this thread, but I just got off the Escape today and can confirm that the only place to get dairy milk for coffee is at the buffet or at the specialty cafe. (The Studio coffee machine also has whole milk that it foams for lattes and cappucinos). 

Trying to get cream or half and half at the MDR this morning for my coffee, with the waiter understanding what I wanted, only resulted in one of the Taste crew running up to the buffet to get a little carton of whole milk for me. The same at O'Sheehans, they had only CoffeeMate. I had brought my own Land O Lakes MiniMoos, but ran out this morning on disembarkation day and the Studio coffee machine was shut down.

(For the curious, I wound up going to the Starbucks to beg them for a "short" cup filled with half and half, which they did do for me, so kudos to them.)

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear they haven’t changed this.  As I’ve said before, I can handle a lot with regard to cutbacks, but this one is my biggest irk.  One of my greatest pleasures in life is real cream for my coffee and this has been taken away on NCL.    It sounds like a little thing, but for some of us, this is a step too far.  No CoffeeMate!  😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear they haven’t changed this.  As I’ve said before, I can handle a lot with regard to cutbacks, but this one is my biggest irk.  One of my greatest pleasures in life is real cream for my coffee and this has been taken away on NCL.    It sounds like a little thing, but for some of us, this is a step too far.  No CoffeeMate!  😂

I don't enjoy dragging a box of little creams onto the ship, but I can't have CoffeeMate due to allergies. I know some people really like CoffeeMate and that's cool, but yeah... for those of us who need dairy, it's almost forcing us to have to get the coffee package or drinks package. There's also Anthony's Heavy Cream Powder that I could bring along, I guess. Or I could always stay in a Studio cabin.

3 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

I don't enjoy dragging a box of little creams onto the ship, but I can't have CoffeeMate due to allergies. I know some people really like CoffeeMate and that's cool, but yeah... for those of us who need dairy, it's almost forcing us to have to get the coffee package or drinks package. There's also Anthony's Heavy Cream Powder that I could bring along, I guess. Or I could always stay in a Studio cabin.

For me, it’s not a “need”, but definitely a “want”.  And we all know that wants turn into needs as you get older.  😂. Even milk is not the same.  I want real half and half.  Not Coffee Mate, not even whole milk.  I want half and half,  I’ve sailed in the Haven and the butler was very good about making sure I had a pitcher of fresh cream at all times.  It was fine, bit still too heavy. My next trip is in a regular balcony cabin, so no butler.  😔The cost difference between little containers of Coffee Mate vs. half and half can’t be that much.  

And I’m with you.  I really don’t want to carry my own onboard.  I’ll just budget Starbucks into the vacation budget.  Maybe that’s the point.  I don’t know.  I just want my half and half.  😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mendi said:

Just off the Escape today. In MDR got whole milk for our coffee and tea every day. Just asked.

Cream would be nice but whole milk worked. Brought out in a small pitcher from the kitchen.

I’m sure milk is available.  It’s better than Coffee Mate, but still not half and half.  

• Like 1

I was on a B2B a month ago on Spirit.  Although plates of coffee mate were on tables (MDR, Local, specialty restaurants), I always asked the wait staff for half and half.  They smiled and were very accommodating - I usually received either half and half or whole milk.  It worked for me!

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

If I can put up with Coke instead of Pepsi, you guys can put up with Coffee Mate.

Individual tastes are a strange thing. I much prefer CM over H&H, and I was ecstatic when they made the switch to Coke.

• Like 1