Hot tub on private balcony?

Monica887

12 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Ship?

Any. It's purely theoretical. I'm about to take my first Haven trip and trying to figure out how to up my game in the future!!

But it would be nice to have on an Alaskan trip I would imagine....

6 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Any. It's purely theoretical. I'm about to take my first Haven trip and trying to figure out how to up my game in the future!!

But it would be nice to have on an Alaskan trip I would imagine....

I would think that in the Haven, there could be one or two suites with a hot tub on their balcony (completely out oof my league however).  

A early Season or very late Season Alaskan cruise might make a hot tub useless.

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

SUN.SA_owners_suite_schematic_10212022.j

NCL Sun

881x400_Jewel_Haven_H1_3-Bedroom_Garden_

NCL Jewel/Pearl

881x400_GEM-H1-Floorplan.jpg

NCL Gem

ncl_PofA_Shmtc_Ownrs_SuiteEDIT-881x400_1

Pride Of America

881x400_PRIMA_VIVA_Haven_H2_Master_Bathr

881x400_PRIMA-H4-Balcony_0.jpg

Prima/Viva also have multiple staterooms with a hot tub on the balcony. 

There are others but I'm too lazy to find them all. 😉

Some of these are way bigger than my first Manhattan apartment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

SUN.SA_owners_suite_schematic_10212022.j

NCL Sun

881x400_Jewel_Haven_H1_3-Bedroom_Garden_

NCL Jewel/Pearl

881x400_GEM-H1-Floorplan.jpg

NCL Gem

ncl_PofA_Shmtc_Ownrs_SuiteEDIT-881x400_1

Pride Of America

881x400_PRIMA_VIVA_Haven_H2_Master_Bathr

881x400_PRIMA-H4-Balcony_0.jpg

Prima/Viva also have multiple staterooms with a hot tub on the balcony. 

There are others but I'm too lazy to find them all. 😉

This!!! But beware on Prima (and maybe other ships - can’t confirm though) there is an asterisk next to the hot tub in a few categories (H4 haven aft facing owners suite on Prima) with the room numbers that do NOT have a hot tub. Would be fine if you book directly and pick your room but we purposely decided not to bid on that category of room because with our luck we would get the one without a hot tub. Lol 

25 minutes ago, COcruise said:

This!!! But beware on Prima (and maybe other ships - can’t confirm though) there is an asterisk next to the hot tub in a few categories (H4 haven aft facing owners suite on Prima) with the room numbers that do NOT have a hot tub. Would be fine if you book directly and pick your room but we purposely decided not to bid on that category of room because with our luck we would get the one without a hot tub. Lol 

We noticed that as well. We were leery about submitting upgrade bids, since we had no guarantee of actually getting a hot tub if we won our bid!

10 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

We noticed that as well. We were leery about submitting upgrade bids, since we had no guarantee of actually getting a hot tub if we won our bid!

I agree. Some of the other Haven rooms in the Prima have asterisks for strange modifications to the rooms (like no bath tub) so we are sticking as is.

They should throw those non hot tub rooms in a different category!!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COcruise said:

This!!! But beware on Prima (and maybe other ships - can’t confirm though) there is an asterisk next to the hot tub in a few categories (H4 haven aft facing owners suite on Prima) with the room numbers that do NOT have a hot tub

It does happen....(Pride of America)

(Cabins on Deck 13 do not have hot tubs on the balcony, a walk-in closet or whirlpool tub. Some Cabins may not have guest bathroom.)

The Dawn, Star, Gem, Jade, Pearl, and Jewell have them in the Garden Villa.

The Gem, Pearl, and Jewell Have them in the Deluxe Owners Suites.

The Sky and the Sun in the Owners Suites.

Pride of America in the Deluxe Owners Suite and Owners Suites (except deck 13, although the balconies on deck 13 are huge).

Prima in the Havan Premier Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite, Aft Owners Suite (except deck 10), Haven Owners Suite with Large Balcony (except 12322 and 12926).

Viva should be similar to Prima

I do not believe any of the Breakaway, or Breakaway plus, or Epic suites have hot tubs on the balconies. 

The Spirit does not have any balconies with Hot tubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

Pride of America in the Deluxe Owners Suite and Owners Suites (except deck 13, although the balconies on deck 13 are huge).

Prima in the Havan Premier Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite, Aft Owners Suite (except deck 10), Haven Owners Suite with Large Balcony (except 12322 and 12926).

I do not believe any of the Breakaway, or Breakaway plus, or Epic suites have hot tubs on the balconies. 

Prima and Viva H4 on deck 12 do have the hot tub.  The H4’s on deck 10 no hot tub. All the H3’s and H2’s on prima and viva have the hot tub. The HA’s (aft penthouse with large balcony) on deck 11 also have the hot tubs. The HA’s should be recategorized or at least a separation between the deck 10 and 12 H4’s. So silly they now have the jewel owners suites on deck 10 and 9 separate booking categories due to balcony size, bliss and encore have been separated due to slight balcony size difference too yet the addition or omission of hot tub on a balcony means nothing? They probably miss out on a lot of revenue from upgrade bids because bidders don’t want to risk getting deck 10. When Prima first went on sale they advertised a hot tub on both 10 and 12 h4s and no hot tub on deck 11 HA’s. They added a disclaimer for deck 10 and updated deck 11 HA a little later.  The price and popularity of the HA’s went up and some lucky customers who booked at the lower rate got a nice surprise!  We had a deck 10 booked but were able to switch to deck 12 when someone canceled. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 11:09 PM, littlelulu01 said:

... So silly they now have the jewel owners suites on deck 10 and 9 separate booking categories due to balcony size, bliss and encore have been separated due to slight balcony size difference too yet the addition or omission of hot tub on a balcony means nothing? …

The reason for different categories on jewel class owners suite goes back to pre-Covid when the decision was made to remove butler and concierge services from certain suites. Then Covid and all of a sudden that plan was discarded. Having stayed in multiple owner suites on jewel ships I will add it’s not just the front balcony being larger, the cabin sizes also vary.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rhurst said:

Does anyone know the size of the private balcony hot tubs on Prima? All the reviews and videos say large. What does that mean is it a two person or larger?

Comfortable for two person to lay in and soak although the way ours was installed one person will face the balcony door vs the ocean. Can have around 4 adults seated. IMG_0630.thumb.jpeg.fda7a23c85278f87a038808b17c95712.jpegIMG_0629.thumb.jpeg.b7f3d0beab4e53dc4d8176f44df554b2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Girr said:

The reason for different categories on jewel class owners suite goes back to pre-Covid when the decision was made to remove butler and concierge services from certain suites. Then Covid and all of a sudden that plan was discarded. Having stayed in multiple owner suites on jewel ships I will add it’s not just the front balcony being larger, the cabin sizes also vary.

Proof?  The removal was listed as "S" suites.  The OS on Jewel Class were "H" and had Haven access.  They reclassed deck ten to DOS which only confused things.  My guess, just like years ago when aft balconies became own category with higher prices.  Computer probably said ten always sell before nine so charge more.

Here's one of the threads on the subject (were several).  Besides taking away butlers and concierge, the decision was also made to redesignate the forward OS suites on deck 10 to DOS.  While eventually they changed the inane decision to not remove butlers and concierge, they did continue with the DOS versus OS decision.  The change in categories increased the price of deck 10 cabin to closer mirror the price of the H2 DOS on deck 15 - not even a fair comparison.  IMO it was purely a revenue generating change.  Having stayed in both deck 9 and deck 10 owner suites though I can attest there is a difference in square footage in both interior (larger living room) and balcony.  It does not have the hot tub like deck 15's DOS.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:05 PM, WillCruiseForMoney said:

I believe the highlighted yellow section in the quote is incorrect.  Per NCL's web site, none of the Prima or Viva Haven Owners Suites with Large Balcony has a hot tub.  12322 and 12926 do not have BATH tubs like the other Haven Owners Suite with Large Balconies do.

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 3.33.33 PM.png

Edited by lgdesign

On 8/11/2023 at 12:08 PM, Girr said:

Here's one of the threads on the subject (were several).  Besides taking away butlers and concierge, the decision was also made to redesignate the forward OS suites on deck 10 to DOS.  While eventually they changed the inane decision to not remove butlers and concierge, they did continue with the DOS versus OS decision.  The change in categories increased the price of deck 10 cabin to closer mirror the price of the H2 DOS on deck 15 - not even a fair comparison.  IMO it was purely a revenue generating change.  Having stayed in both deck 9 and deck 10 owner suites though I can attest there is a difference in square footage in both interior (larger living room) and balcony.  It does not have the hot tub like deck 15's DOS.

Agree 100 percent.  Saw all the discussion about possible reductions but not for the forward OS.

On 8/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, lgdesign said:

I believe the highlighted yellow section in the quote is incorrect.  Per NCL's web site, none of the Prima or Viva Haven Owners Suites with Large Balcony has a hot tub.  12322 and 12926 do not have BATH tubs like the other Haven Owners Suite with Large Balconies do.

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 3.33.33 PM.png

Only this one on prima 

"The Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony" 

We stayed in a DOS on the Jewel for an Alaska cruise this past May. We used the hot tub almost every day. The DOS on the Jewel-class ships are special - they are the highest rooms on the ship, and you have a view forward as well as off to the side from the balcony.

The garden villa on Jewel also has a hot tub, but the view is only off to the side of the ship.

We'll probably never get a cabin that nice again, but for Alaska it was worth it!

3 hours ago, wil e coyote said:

We stayed in a DOS on the Jewel for an Alaska cruise this past May. We used the hot tub almost every day. The DOS on the Jewel-class ships are special - they are the highest rooms on the ship, and you have a view forward as well as off to the side from the balcony.

The garden villa on Jewel also has a hot tub, but the view is only off to the side of the ship.

We'll probably never get a cabin that nice again, but for Alaska it was worth it!

Did yours have heat?  When we were on Gem it didn't have a heater so relied on the fill for warmth.

57 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Did yours have heat?  When we were on Gem it didn't have a heater so relied on the fill for warmth.

Weird.  We've stayed in the DOS on the Gem and the hot tub was always heated.  In fact we had to ask the steward to turn the heater down it was so hot!  The heater must have been broken on your cruise.