A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

We have the newer Plus package and under packages in the Medallion app the latest benefits now appear

IMG_2545.png

Yes there was an update last night. They also removed arrival times . I selected early boarding before the announced Aug 1st change. It’s all wiped out now.

2 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

Yes there was an update last night. They also removed arrival times . I selected early boarding before the announced Aug 1st change. It’s all wiped out now.

Yep!  That part I expected. Didn’t expect them to show the other benefits this quickly. 

As long as you remember to DL the update...lol...

Yep, it's there today...

But would like to see the update on the Cruise Personalizer...(travel summary, etc...)   I have a couple months yet though...

Edited by dlh015

8 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

Good.  It was expected for Arrival Groups to be gone.  There should be a new "checked-in" boarding pass type screen, but you won't see that until closer to sail date (IIRC).

Edited by Steelers36

14 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We have the newer Plus package and under packages in the Medallion app the latest benefits now appear.  The last two benefits aren’t on the Travel Summary. 

IMG_2545.png

Mine also but I have the plus-50 so I didn't think I got the desserts and fitness classes, not that I wanted them.

I cruise next month.  Travel summary hasn't been updated but the app says I have the premier package, which I do not.  In fact all of mine say premier but except for one cruise, we've booked the Plus.  Hmmm.  

2 hours ago, suekel said:

I cruise next month.  Travel summary hasn't been updated but the app says I have the premier package, which I do not.  In fact all of mine say premier but except for one cruise, we've booked the Plus.  Hmmm.  

I just checked the app for our Nov 12th, Med/TA, it now shows the new Plus Package.

All of our other 5 bookings have also been updated.

Screenshot_20230802_165123_Princess.thumb.jpg.5225e6a54d576f4a496d8108c3b5c15d.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88

7 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just checked the app for our Nov 12th, Med/TA, it now shows the new Plus Package.

Screenshot_20230802_165123_Princess.thumb.jpg.5225e6a54d576f4a496d8108c3b5c15d.jpg

Did you notice the change in language which seems to imply that specialty coffees, bottled water, etc. count against the 15 per day limit?  Thinking this is a mistake, would hate to think that this is a silent change that they are making....

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Did you notice the change in language which seems to imply that specialty coffees, bottled water, etc. count against the 15 per day limit?  Thinking this is a mistake, would hate to think that this is a silent change that they are making....

I didn't notice that, but I "think" it was just a way to abbreviate the wording on the app? 🤔

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Let’s hope so. There has been enough trauma over changes lately!

I think it’s a change. It wasn’t there before.

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $15.00 USD or $22.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.

41 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Oh my goodness. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. I think it's pretty clear. 15 'beverages' is the limit...alcohol or not. (except for juices and sodas which still don't count...lol...)

Good catch.

Still, for me, it's okay. If nothing else, I'll make sure I use my limit every day...by stocking up on water and beer that I don't use on any particular day.

36 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

I think it’s a change. It wasn’t there before.

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $15.00 USD or $22.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.

I think you are right. 

On 8/1/2023 at 4:11 AM, Steelers36 said:

Good Q, but I cannot help you since I don't have a booking.  I have been considering making a "fake" one and apply FCD's, just to see what's what in the CP and in the App and play around with the functions before cancelling out.  I would just book it direct so not to bother my TA.

If you do the fake booking be very careful as it appears Princess are offering a lot more “non refundable “ bookings at the moment which may mean your FCD would be forfeit. 

13 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I think you are right. 

I think the ad

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

i think this is another mistake by their proofreader when they post these on the website OR if there was a change, they did not update the beverage T&C.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

image.thumb.png.5f081eebe7d6b89e49a19522d4679b9e.png

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think the ad

i think this is another mistake by their proofreader when they post these on the website OR if there was a change, they did not update the beverage T&C.

Did the cost go up recently for the Plus and Premier?

I missed that conversation or just chose to be in denial. 

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think the ad

image.thumb.png.5f081eebe7d6b89e49a19522d4679b9e.png

I think you meant the app...love that autocorrect...

Anyhow, I get you...and hope you are right. The verbage is horrible. As always, I'll adopt a wait and see on this. But like I said, I'll make due either way. 

I'm pretty sure it'll take a few weeks to get all parts in some manner of in sync with one another. And we all know that has not been the IT strong point ever...

ETA: Yes, drilling down to the T&C from your link to the new 'updated' Plus, the verbage is the same...the 15 drink limit is for alcohol  bevs...  👍

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

No that verbiage has been around for months   Have not had a problem on any cruise and I have around 10 alcohol drinks a day plus numerous waters and mochas

• Like 1

BTW, I do notice (on the App) that 'NEW - Room Service Delivery' is not there like it is on the Personalizer 'Upgrade now' link.

I'm assuming that's because activation of Ocean Now includes RS delivery (if you don't use the phone...)

Or have I screwed that up too?? 

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

All of my cruises, even the ones I haven't bought a package for yet, are showing premier. There's a glitch somewhere 

• Like 3