Noordam Neptune Perks

Chan50

Hi

I understand that if you book a Neptune suite you get access to the Neptune lounge. Are there any snacks and drinks available in the lounge or is it just a resting area? I ask as I have seen some mixed feedback on the lounge.

Also, is there a club orange on Noordam?

Thank you all in advance for all your advice and comments.

33 minutes ago, Chan50 said:

Hi

I understand that if you book a Neptune suite you get access to the Neptune lounge. Are there any snacks and drinks available in the lounge or is it just a resting area? I ask as I have seen some mixed feedback on the lounge.

There are snacks in the Lounge - continental type breakfast thing in the morning, lunch type munchies at that time and then different hors’ d’hoeuvres in the afternoon.

There is a great coffee machine, teas, water, fresh oj in the morning, cranberry juice or something similar in the afternoon.

There are alcoholic drinks brought in but unlike everything else, they are not included and you will be charged for the sodas/drinks on the honour bar.

Hope that helpa 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Chan50 said:

is there a club orange on Noordam?

There is no separate Club Orange Dining Room, if that is your question.

Club Orange is in MDR with priority queue/access but no special area.

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

There is no separate Club Orange Dining Room, if that is your question.

Club Orange is in MDR with priority queue/access but no special area.

Yes - forgot to add, the OP will have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill if they are in a Neptune Suite on that ship.

48 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes - forgot to add, the OP will have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill if they are in a Neptune Suite on that ship.

A very valuable perk IMO.  Also priority boarding and tendering.  Likely you will have a welcome aboard reception the first evening in the Lounge.

As already mentioned, no Club Orange dining area, but you will get to use the CO podium for quicker seating in the MDR (if you are in Open dining) and an extra entree, which are generally very good.

We were in a Neptune Suite on Noordam for a transPacific crossing.  Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is one of the best perks.  We frequently had lunch in the Neptune Lounge.  You can have free appetizers delivered to your room prior to dinner (I don't know if that is exclusive to Neptune Suites).  If you have open dining, there is a separate line that gets you into the MDR quicker.

The concierge in the Neptune Lounge was great.  The priority line at Guest Relations was a time-saver.  We also had twice-a-day service by our room stewards.  I've heard that this was phased out for non-Neptune Suite passengers, but I don't know for sure.

On the downside, the coffee from the in-room coffee maker was pretty much undrinkable, so I usually went to the Neptune Lounge in the morning to get better coffee.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sciencewonk said:

We were in a Neptune Suite on Noordam 

So many great memories from your post. Not sure if I should thank you or 😭, lol. 

It was our first time in a Neptune Suite and is was so good we have booked another trip, transpacific heading North. Everything you said was a mirror of our experience. I appreciate it isn’t for everyone but if you can afford it and want a treat then go for it. 

• Like 1

A few years ago on an Alaska cruise we found that the main dining room was closed most of the time for lunch. There were sufficient snacks in the Neptune Lounge to make this an acceptable alternative. (We don't do buffets at sea.) 

I must add that if you are a tea drinker the Neptune Lounge was the only place on the Noordam where we could get hot water suitable for making a decent cup of tea.  The so-called hot water from the in-suite coffee maker was pathetic as was what is offered in the dining room, even at tea time.

• Like 2

Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Laundry/Dry cleaning are great perks.  During one cruise another passenger entered our stateroom number on their laundry slip, the concierge dealt with this three times for us.

We have often eaten lunch in the Neptune Lounge.

Enjoy your Noordam cruise.

15 hours ago, Chan50 said:

Hi

Another perk is the Concierge - they act as your "front desk" and will deal with any issue where you may have otherwise visited guest services.   If you need something down or a reservation made, a single phone call or a visit will get it done.   The lounge is not open 24 hours - maybe 7 to 7 or so...

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwifan56 said:

So many great memories from your post. Not sure if I should thank you or 😭, lol. 

It was our first time in a Neptune Suite and is was so good we have booked another trip, transpacific heading North. Everything you said was a mirror of our experience. I appreciate it isn’t for everyone but if you can afford it and want a treat then go for it. 

We have booked another Neptune Suite on Noordam in November. We’re sailing from Auckland, around New Zealand, and then ending in Sydney. We’re looking forward to our first visit to New Zealand. 

I hope you enjoy your transpacific cruise. 

• Like 1

Aloha. When we sail with HAL we stay in a Neptune Suite. Not only the accommodation but the Lounge itself is worth it in my opinion. Whether by ship or hotel, if a concierge level is available, we are blessed to avail. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Is the Pinnacle Grill breakfast available on the Westerdam? And is it open on port days. We will be on it for 27 days with pretty extensive shore days and my husband loves eating there for breakfast.

This isn't really one of the perks, per se, but the Neptune concierges arranged for some garment repairs for us. Gratis.

This happened on two different occasions when the airlines decided that our suitcases were ripe for stress testing.

They also arranged for corsages & boutonnieres for whatever the heck they were calling formal nights at the time. (We did pay for the flowers. These were in addition to the regular Neptune ones. You can this at the front desk if you aren't in a NS.)

2 hours ago, C&Sun said:

Is the Pinnacle Grill breakfast available on the Westerdam? And is it open on port days. We will be on it for 27 days with pretty extensive shore days and my husband loves eating there for breakfast.

yes, PG will be your breakfast spot in a Neptune Suite +

If it open every day for breakfast.  Hours are the same as the MDR.

9 hours ago, C&Sun said:

Assuming it's the same as Noordam, it's open every day for breakfast.  It opens 30 minutes earlier on port days than on sea days.

• Like 1