The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 8th, 2023

richwmn

@rafinmd I hate to even mention having to spend money, but with all the heat, if the air had not come back on, I would have stayed in a hotel.  All the heat is not healthy!!!!!

I know part of my problem with sleeping last night, was caffeine, lack of cat, and anxiety about today.

But I was thinking about all the wonderful things that I have seen since DH and I started dating, back in 2000.  We knew each other before, we met when he was married, and I wasn't dating. ( I told my room mate I had a crush on Chuck)we met again a year later and he was divorced, and I was dating a dweeb, the dweeb and Chuck worked at the same company until I tossed the dweeb (serious drinking problem, that I couldn't handle, his parents couldn't handle, his company couldnt handle, so we all just let him handle it himself.) 

A couple of months later I had tickets to a symphony and no one to go with, so I asked Chuck if he wanted to go, and we have been together since.

I digress, and then I started thinking about happy childhood memories, and since I really didn't have a happy childhood, I only came up with one.  My father, brother and I were in the mountains above Arosa Switzerland, and my dad asked us, to pick as many wild flowers without getting up off the grass, and we had a beautiful bouquet, over 16 different varieties of flowers in front of us. 

I fell asleep about 2:45 with the vision of the flowers in my head. (not my picture)

Flower-meadow-at-Tschuggen-Grand-Arosa-Switzerland-450x300.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

This is all of us dancing today!

Ballet cats

th?id=OIP.C95rLfTfRcKS02ZdeFlgGwHaEy&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Jazz cats

de87d51994ff9b5603a6148db07e860d.jpg

Modern dance....  interpretation.....

dancing-cats_-1024x894.jpg

and Tap

c217ee86907d5d044cfa224301d1fda8.jpg

🌺Mahalo Annie❤️

I am so happy for you my dear!! This is a special day! We will toast you tonite and DH!!! What a special bond the two of you have. What a relief and such a positive 

sense of guardian angels watching out for you both!

Sincerely

Denise😊

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Started reading today's thread earlier, then decided to go for a walk before the weather deteriorated, afternoon snow is forecast.  Five minutes into my walk rain began, so it was a short walk, around the block, thinking of 30 things to be grateful for.   Since then have had a very heavy rain/sleet shower and more rain.

@marshhawk  pleased to read your news.

@rafinmd good that your power is back.

@ger_77  Hope your DH will not have to wait too long for the pacemaker to be inserted.

Every day is cat day in our home.

@richwmn  Thank you for the Fleet report and daily.   

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Late, late post from me.  Yes, I know it is "tomorrow" for many of you.  Someday this move will be over.  Saw how everything is set up for the estate sale starting Thursday, and of course, I had some very "weepy" times.  It seemed as if it was my whole life before me with price tags on it.  I promise, after the 15th, no more move talk!

I have read the Daily, but can't find time to post on most days.  I pray for all those with so many issues, and rejoice with so many who have great things going on!  If I start mentioning someone, I am sure I would be remiss in not mentioning others.  I think of all in this special "Dailly" family.

Just one mention - @RMLincoln, your picture of enchiladas brought back so many happy memories of the 9 wonderful years that we lived in Las Cruces.  From some of what you have said, did you live in Ruidoso, as that seems to relate to what you write.  Like you, I miss NM, but will be content with what life has handed me.

Have a great night and even better August 9, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 14

On 8/9/2023 at 5:50 AM, rafinmd said:

There are no sailaways during our summer as the ships are all either in Europe, the Northeast US, or Alaska.  After a long time off the boards she did post to the July 27 Fleet Report and Daily.

I think she is out of Medical facilities and either back home or with her daughter.

Roy

Oh Roy, thank you for showing Kathi's update!  I am so glad to hear from her and hope she is able to travel when she is ready!

• Like 3